• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Team Technology Personality Test (MBTI)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your personality type is probably ENTP (or perhaps ENFP). In case you are one of the 15% for whom this result is not correct, you should regard this as a starting point only and use this report to decide for yourself what your personality type is.

The first way to look at your personality type is in terms of the four preference scales. On this basis your type is INTP, but when we use another method (pattern matching) we reach a different conclusion, that your type is ENTP or ENFP.

answers with the average patterns for each of the sixteen personality types. This can sometimes leads to a different result than the previous screen for various reasons which we won't go into now but are described in the full report. Your scores, which show how closely your personality matches each overall pattern, are:

ENTP 83%
ENFP 82%
INTP 81%
INFP 79%
INTJ 78%
INFJ 77%
ENTJ 59%
ISTP 59%
ENFJ 57%
ISFP 57%
ESTP 38%
ESFP 37%
ESTJ 37%
ESFJ 34%
ISTJ 34%
ISFJ 33%

This table suggests that your preferences are most likely to be for ENTP or ENFP.

If your personality type is ENTP then you are someone who challenges the status quo, seeking to uncover the hidden potential or new possibilities in different situations. You start projects and introduce change on an experimental basis, not knowing fully what is going to happen, but in the expectation that it will lead to an improvement. You enjoy the challenge of doing something that has not been done before and seems impossible.

Function Attitude Scores
Ne 28
Ni 27
Ti 23
Fi 22
Te 13
Fe 12
Se 8
Si 7

Your mental muscle diagram suggests:
â– your dominant function is iNtuition and fairly balanced
â– your auxiliary (second most important) is Thinking and very introverted
â– your tertiary (third) is Feeling and very introverted
â– your inferior (fourth) is Sensation and fairly balanced

What does this mean?
The most important mental muscle (or 'dominant function') for an ENTP is the perceptive one of iNtuition. This means you like looking at information from a global viewpoint, spotting new patterns and relationships, that lead to an understanding of the key issues. You tend to focus more on possibilities for the future than the here-and-now, and you enjoy change, challenge, and variety.

The perceptive iNtuition function is extraverted. That is, iNtuition is used primarily to govern the outer world of actions and spoken words. You therefore try ideas out in practice, to explore new possibilities and discover, by experience, which ones work. You prefer to change procedures to see if any improvement can be made, rather than just operate them. You therefore take an evolutionary approach to development, perhaps with an eye on the strategy which can change. You are more interested in exploring ideas than bringing them to closure.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
here is the other thread on that test... I remembered hating it before because most of the time I didn't like EITHER option it gave me :thelook:

Heh. I know what you mean about the knee-jerk reaction to the word 'values' (associating it with bible-thumpers, etc.) I've heard plenty of other definitions on this board, but that's still my strongest association with the word.

Even aside from that though, I think it can be hard to choose between two functions when you don't identify with either particularly strongly. This can be the case with xxTP types having to select an Fi answer or a Te one.

Now that you mention it, no.

Okay, just checking. I thought maybe I'd unknowingly skipped over part of the report.

Last edited:

LucrativeSid

The Fi and Te questions were the only ones that were weird for me. The Te side seemed so repulsive that it scared me clear over to the other side of the screen by default. "I very much like checking everyone has done what they were meant to do." Once I found myself clicking on Fi answers, I was thinking, "Yeah, this is WAY better than that, but it's not really a big part of who I am."

Now that I think about it, though, I did rate the Fi parts accurately in those cases and in the others. I guess I have a decent amount of Fi.

Type: INTP

INTP -87%
INTJ -87%
INFJ -81%
INFP -76%
ENTP -70%
ISTP -69%
ENFP -64%
ENTJ -58%
ISFP -58%
ISTJ -51%
ENFJ - 47%
ISFJ - 46%
ESTJ - 40%
ESTP -34%
ESFP -29%
ESFJ -29%

INFJ near the top really surprises me, but it makes sense due to my unusually high Ni score. Ne, Ni, Ti have come out as my top three in almost all of the previous tests I've ever taken, but the orders they've been in have flip-flopped a lot. Fi has often been "average" or "good". Most of the time, I'd score as an INTP or ENTP, because my Fe and Te scores wouldn't be high enough to be an INTJ or INFJ.

Ni 30
Ti 27
Fi 22
Ne 21
Si 14
Te 13
Fe 8
Se 5

I like this test. I may buy the full report.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Shit .. Still flitting on the t/f front. I want my J back.

ISTJ 67%
ISFJ 64%
INFJ 40%
INTJ 43%
ISTP 68%
ISFP 61%
INFP 49%
INTP 56%
ESTP 76%
ESFP 73%
ENFP 48%
ENTP 52%
ESTJ 67%
ESFJ 60%
ENFJ 48%
ENTJ 55%

Se 25
Si 21
Ti 19
Te 19
Fe 16
Fi 16
Ne 14
Ni 10

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
An interesting theme is a high proportion of Ne users scoring higher or equal Ni, rather than Ni. Seems like a problem with the test.

INTP>INTJ>ISTP>INFJ for me.

wolfy

awsm
It's a shit test. Half the questions were false dichotomies where I liked both answers, or neither.

The test compares your fourth function and your dominant function, measuring the strength of preference. Liking both or neither is bound to happen given that some questions would address functions that are both either relatively strong or weak.

I really like the test design, I liked it so much I did it again. Out of curiosity, what is a good test in your opinion?

KDude

I really like the test design, I liked it so much I did it again.

I did it again and got similar results.. I don't think it's that crappy.

Se 28
Fi 27
Si 22
Ti 20
Fe 15
Ne 13
Te 8
Ni 7

wolfy

awsm
I did it again and got similar results.. I don't think it's that crappy.

Se 28
Fi 27
Si 22
Ti 20
Fe 15
Ne 13
Te 8
Ni 7

The Ni is low because the Se is high. That is the downside of the way it is done.

KDude

Yeah, I don't think Ni is super "low" for me or anything, but it's definitely not my usual way of percieving either.. so I don't mind. I am definitely more Se than Ni.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I don't think Ni is super "low" for me or anything, but it's definitely not my usual way of percieving either.. so I don't mind. I am definitely more Se than Ni.

Yeah, at the end of the day the other longer cognitive functions test is a better test for that.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always end up pretty much tied on Se and Ne on tests, but feel that I use Se better in real life... therefore am irked by tests :thelook:

KDude

Yeah, at the end of the day the other longer cognitive functions test is a better test for that.

Even for the cognitive test, I end up pretty much xSFP. I also just took Lenore Thomson's test. xSFP (I really thought I had answered a bit N and T like on it, but nope! :D). To me, all of these tests are basically the same.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTJ 70%
ISFJ 75%
INFJ 86%
INTJ 81%
ISTP 45%
ISFP 56%
INFP 62%
INTP 51%
ESTP 29%
ESFP 35%
ENFP 46%
ENTP 40%
ESTJ 54%
ESFJ 65%
ENFJ 70%
ENTJ 59%

Ni 29
Si 24
Fe 21
Fi 19
Te 16
Ti 14
Ne 11
Se 6

Ne --- t --- Si
Ni --- b --- Se
Fe --- j --- Ti
Fi --- l --- Te
(a to m) --- (n to z)

Thanks for finding the link to the prior test, Whatever.
ISTJ 65%
ISFJ 72%
INFJ 86%
INTJ 78%
ISTP 38%
ISFP 54%
INFP 61%
INTP 45%
ESTP 30%
ESFP 38%
ENFP 51%
ENTP 43%
ESTJ 55%
ESFJ 71%
ENFJ 77%
ENTJ 62%

Function Attitude Scores
Ni 28
Fe 24
Si 22
Fi 18
Te 17
Ne 13
Ti 11
Se 7

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ 81%
INTJ 78%
ENFJ 73%

Function Attitude Scores
Ni 27
Fe 21
Ne 20
Te 18
Fi 17
Si 15
Ti 14
Se 8

â– your dominant function is iNtuition and very introverted
â– your auxiliary (second most important) is Feeling and extraverted
â– your tertiary (third) is Thinking and extraverted
â– your inferior (fourth) is Sensation and very introverted
------

I purchased the full report based on the longer survey. My function attitude scores are different on the long report, but my top types are the same. Here's some of it:

MMDI code Pattern Matching
INFJ (or INTJ)

Extraversion 44% 56% Introversion
Sensing 32% 68% iNtuition
Thinking 48% 52% Feeling
Judgement 56% 44% Perception

Si 15 Introverted Sensation
Ti 17 Introverted Thinking
Ni 28 Introverted iNtuition
Fi 18 Introverted Feeling
Fe 23 Extraverted Feeling
Ne 20 Extraverted iNtuition
Te 17 Extraverted Thinking
Se 7 Extraverted Sensation

Energy direction ( E - 44 : 56 - I )

The first preference is concerned with the direction of your energy, whether you prefer to direct it towards the outer world of people and things or the inner world of thoughts and emotions. If it is toward the outer world, where your energy is channelled through activity and spoken words, it is called Extraversion, denoted by the letter E. If it is toward the inner world, where your energy is channelled into ideas or information, it is called Introversion, denoted by the letter I. Extra- is a prefix meaning 'without' and intro- is a prefix meaning 'within'.

Some of the characteristics associated with extraversion include having an outward focus, being social, outwardly expressive, getting involved in many activities, taking a broad perspective, interacting with people, and tending to take action before sitting down and reviewing how that action has gone.

Some of the characteristics associated with introversion include having an inward focus, being a private person, tending to be quiet, concentrating on a few things in depth, and preferring to think things through before committing to a particular course of action.

In addition to having a preference for extraversion or introversion, you also have a need for balance. During each day you will undoubtedly do both extraversion and introversion, spending time spontaneously doing or saying things as well as retreating into the inner world of contemplation and thought. Even with preferences for introversion (as your MMDI result suggests) then if you have been working in isolation all day, you may feel that you need to meet people in the evening to restore some balance. Like every other individual, you need a particular balance of both introversion and extraversion. So, in normal circumstances, one of Extraversion or Introversion will normally increase your level of energy, whilst the other will decrease it. However, too much of one or the other and you'll need to spend time in your non-preference to restore balance.

The MMDI has reported the balance of your preferences as being for Introversion. The result is quite close, so it is worth thinking about whether it is correct.

S/N Mental Muscles ( S - 32 : 68- N )

The second preference is concerned with the type of information your prefer to process or create, or more particularly the source of that information. Sensation (denoted by the letter S) takes information from conscious sources, so it tends to deal with facts, people, things, experience, existing patterns, established knowledge and clearly-articulated arguments. Intuition, which is usually denoted by the letter N to avoid confusion with Introversion, takes information from unconscious sources, so it focuses on possibilities, potential, new patterns or what things might become. Unconscious sources include the unconscious parts of the mind (e.g.: imagining new ideas) or the parts of the world that are out of sight (e.g.: what is under the rock, rather than the rock itself).

These different emphases lead to Sensation tending to have an interest in tangible reality, focusing on the present, taking a practical and realistic approach, seeing what is present, and enjoying and using what is readily available - it often achieves clear goals by perspiration. Intuition, however, tends to look for what might be, developing potential to realise something radically new, seeking to change/develop and aspiring to a better future - it often achieves something better by inspiration.

Just as we discussed, in the section on Extraversion and Introversion, the fact that you use both, and your need for balance, so too you use both Sensation and iNtuition, and need a particular balance of both. There will be times when you stick to the facts, and other times when you follow your hunches. However, if your job requires that you spend too much time on one or the other, then you may need to restore balance in your social life. Your particular balance of preferences is reported as being for iNtuition. The result seems clear, but you should still consider whether it is correct.

Your iNtuition function is more to the left of the line than the right, which means it is Introverted. This means that you have a preference for dealing with intuitive insights that come from within, perhaps having a sense of knowing that you can't easily explain to others, and a feeling of direction that can't be articulated.

Your Sensation function is also more to the left of the line than the right, which means it is Introverted (i.e.: it is Introverted more than Extraverted, as there is a still an Extraverted portion to it. This means that you have a preference for thinking about and processing facts and information. You probably enjoy building up your experience and knowledge, more so than creating tangible things (which is the primary interest of Sensing oriented towards the outer world).

In your Mental Muscle Diagram, iNtuition is bigger than Sensation, which means that you are probably better at dealing with new insights than facts, and you probably feel more comfortable dealing with a lot of alternative perspectives than with a lot of data.

T/F Mental Muscles ( T - 48 : 52 - F )

The third preference is concerned with how you make decisions - is it on the basis of logic and objective considerations, or on the basis of personal (subjective) values. The former - using objective logic - is called Thinking, denoted by the letter T, and the latter - using subjective values - is Feeling, denoted by the letter F.

When you use the Thinking function, you will not only tend to analyse or organise things logically and objectively, but also tend to take a detached approach, focusing on what is true, and aiming to do what is right even if it upsets some people. When you use the Feeling function, depending on your values, you may tend to take a more sympathetic view and pay more attention to what you believe is important, e.g.: maintaining good relationships or taking account of people's feelings. The MMDI has reported your preferences as being for Feeling. The result is quite close, so it is worth thinking about whether it is correct.

Again, the size and position of the functions on your Mental Muscle Diagram can have an impact on how the function is expressed, and you can see the orientation of your Thinking and Feeling functions in the diagram (right). Your Feeling function is distributed equally between Introversion and Extraversion. This means that you probably value harmony to the same extent in the inner and outer worlds, e.g.: wanting to adhere to your personal values as much as you value conflict-free relationships. Your Thinking function is also distributed equally between Introversion and Extraversion). This means that you apply your logical organisation equally to both your inner and outer worlds, e.g.: wanting both correct explanations of things and for the world around you to be organised systematically. Also, Feeling is bigger than Thinking in the diagram, which means that you are probably better at dealing with questions of values (and morality) than logic (and objective truth).

J/P Life Organisation ( J - 56 : 44 - P )

The final preference is one that Isabel Briggs Myers added to Jung's model of psychological type. This preference is concerned with how your life is organised, whether it is structured in such a way that you can make decisions and know where you stand, or whether you live life in a more flexible, spontaneous manner.

When you live life in a structured way it is called Judgement, denoted by the letter J. This does not mean you are judgemental, rather it means you run your own life by making judgements about what to do, where to go, what to say, and so on. As a result of these decisions, you establish closure and your lifestyle appears organised. If, however, you live life in a flexible way, discovering life as you go along, then it is called Perception, because you remain open to perceiving new information or experiences, preferring to find out more before making decisions.

The origin and meaning of these terms - Judgement and Perception - is more complicated than for the other preferences. They are used to identify the type of mental muscles you use primarily in dealing with the outer world: Sensation and iNtuition are 'perceptive' functions, and Thinking and Feeling are 'judging' functions. Whichever of these two groups of functions is used most in the outer world indicates your preference for Judgement or Perception.

Now that we have been through each of the preferences, you have probably realised that there are different ways of working out your personality type. One was is relatively simple, in that you measure the overall amounts of each preference, such as extraversion and introversion, choose the largest number, and then combine the letters to make your type. In your profile, that leads to the conclusion that your type is INFJ.

However, there is another way to work out your type, which is more complex based on your "dominant function". The MMDI looks at the pattern in your individual questionnaire response and matches it with the average patterns of each of the sixteen personality types to try to work out what is your dominant function.

As you can see from the diagram, your dominant function (iNtuition) is very introverted The second function down is called the "auxiliary". In your case the auxiliary function is Feeling, which is exactly on the boundary between the two worlds The third function down, called the "tertiary", is Thinking, which is exactly on the boundary between the two worlds The fourth, often called the "inferior", is Sensation, which is very introverted

When the MMDI matched your pattern of responses against the typical or average patterns of each of the 16 types, it calculated the percentage fit with each type as being:

INFJ 82%
INTJ 81%
ENFJ 67%
ENTJ 65%
INFP 65%
ENFP 64%

ESTP 34%
ESFP 35%
ISTP 49%
ESTJ 50%

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well... hmm.. that could be a latent Fe thing in ESTP/ISTP. Fi doesn't care about people j/k Not sure how to explain it.. It's more indirect... as a result of something in ourselves or how we relate to someone first. This is why you'll find EFPs or IFPs kinda doing their own thing. I don't know how to necessarily expressing a caring attitude by default, and didn't answer questions that way.

Yes, perhaps, but I was unusually feeler at when I've done the test. It was because I've made the errors to not considerate feelings of some peoples, and felt guilty about this. I've done the test again, with a more usual state of mind, and the F have been switched with the T.

Here are my new results:

Your personality type is probably ESTP (or perhaps ISTP). On this basis your personality type is not clear (it is xSTP, where x denotes an equal preference). Although this is not conclusive we can look at your type another way, by looking at your overall pattern of responses. This suggests that ESTP is your most likely type and ISTP the second most likely.

ESTP 90%
ISTP 84%
ESFP 84%
ISFP 73%
INTP 67%
ISTJ 65%
ISFJ 60%
ESTJ 60%
INFP 56%
ENTP 56%
ENFP 51%
ESFJ 48%
ENTJ 43%
ENFJ 32%
INTJ 32%
INFJ 26%

This table suggests that your preferences are most likely to be for ESTP or ISTP.

If your personality type is ESTP then you are an action oriented problem solver. You enjoy getting things done, and taking action to solve practical problems. You are in your element when there is a crisis requiring urgent action, which you are able to resolve. If you have any particular skills (e.g.: sports, crafts or sales) then you enjoy applying those skills to reach a tangible goal (winning a game, making a sale, or building something tangible).

If your personality type is ISTP then have both a logical and a practical mind and therefore enjoy solving tangible problems. You are very interested in how things work, and may have a tendency to take things apart if you don't know how they work. You may also enjoy using your craftmanslike skills to fix things that are broken, or doing investigative work, collecting facts and clues to find out the truth of what has happened.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
This table suggests that your preferences are most likely to be for INTJ or INTP.

INTJ - 85%
INTP - 76%

If your personality type is INTJ then you have a strong, private sense of strategic vision, both for the future and how that future will can be achieved. Your vision, or sense of knowing, may be difficult to articulate, but even if wasn't others might find it difficult to accept (e.g.: as impractical or unrealistic). Pursuing your vision might be a lonely task, therefore, as you develop and pursue plans without anyone else really understanding the nature of what you are trying to achieve.

If your personality type is INTP then you have a strong sense of the hidden principles that govern how the world works. You are interested in theoretical models and explanations, and when other people put forward their own theories you put them to the test to find out how true or robust they are. You enjoy solving difficult intellectual problems and seek to understand the real truth behind any situation, even when it involves several complex factors.

Function Attitude Scores
Ni 27
Ti 25
Te 22
Si 21
Ne 14
Fi 13
Fe 10
Se 8

* your dominant function is iNtuition and very introverted
* your auxiliary (second most important) is Thinking and slightly introverted
* your tertiary (third) is Feeling and slightly introverted
* your inferior (fourth) is Sensation and very introverted

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On this basis your personality type is not clear (it is ESFx, where x denotes an equal preference). Although this is not conclusive we can look at your type another way, by looking at your overall pattern of responses. This suggests that ESFP is your most likely type and ESTP the second most likely.

S

Sniffles

INFJ 74%
INFP 73%
INTJ 69%

Ni 24
Fi 23
Ti 18
Si 18
Fe 17
Ne 17
Te 12
Se 11

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Function Attitude Scores
Fi 27
Ne 23
Ni 23
Fe 22
Ti 13
Si 12
Se 12
Te 8

your dominant function is Feeling and very introverted
your auxiliary (second most important) is iNtuition and exactly on the boundary between the two worlds
your tertiary (third) is Sensation and exactly on the boundary between the two worlds
your inferior (fourth) is Thinking and very introverted

INFP 85%
ENFP 78%
INFJ 77%
ISFP 73%
ENTP 63%
INTJ 62%
INTP 54%
ESFP 54%

Te scores low, but that doesn't mean I don't see the value of it or use it every day however. I just don't "like" it as much solo without adding feelings to the equation too!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ 56%
ISFJ 80%
INFJ 69%
INTJ 44%
ISTP 37%
ISFP 86%
INFP 80%
INTP 31%
ESTP 47%
ESFP 71%
ENFP 60%
ENTP 36%
ESTJ 36%
ESFJ 84%
ENFJ 79%
ENTJ 30%

This table suggests that your preferences are most likely to be for ISFP or ESFJ.

If your personality type is ISFP then you have some deeply-held values that, even though your life may be somewhat unstructured, direct the things that you do and say. You probably take a caring and sensitive approach to others, more so than may be apparent to others because you showing your feelings in acts of kindness rather than in direct statements. You probably have a strong sense of the type of lifestyle you enjoy, which you want to maintain.

If your personality type is ESFJ then you seek to develop harmony in relationships, and promote cooperation and teamwork. You regard the needs of others as very important, perhaps more so than your own, and seek to recognise their contributions and make them feel valued. You encourage and motivate others, engender team spirit, and try to overcome any conflict by finding common ground and ways in which people can agree.

Fi 29
Fe 28
Si 22
Se 18
Ni 17
Ne 13
Ti 7
Te 6

The most important mental muscle (or 'dominant function') for an ISFP is the judging one of Feeling. This means you make decisions on the basis of personal values, are appreciative and accepting of people - enjoying company and seeking harmony. You assess the impact of your decisions on others, are sympathetic and compassionate, and take a friendly, personal approach.

The judging Feeling function is introverted. That is, Feeling is used primarily to govern the inner world of thoughts and emotions. The ISFP will therefore develop an inner emotional life that is often unseen to others, but is experienced as intense. You have a strong sense of values, which are often not expressed, which you use to emotionally accept or reject various aspects of life. Although you feel appreciation towards others, you may not express it that often.

==============================

Very cool and short test, very informative and accurate.