User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default The Tri-Variable Personality Test

Interesting test. I'm not too sure what theory is meant to be behind it though. Anyway, my results were pretty extreme!

OkCupid: Take The Tri-Variable Personality Test (qualified psychologist) ... Test

The Introspector

You scored 10 Artist, 75 Philosopher, 15 Scientist!

You are an abstract thinker and probably spend a good deal of time by yourself, or at least, isolated mentally. Much of the way you view the world is relativistic; shades of grey. Right and wrong may exist in extreme forms, but the world is mostly neutral to you. Your lifes purpose is to discover the meaning of your own existence; your tools are rational, self contained ones: Self questioning, criticism, and skepticism. Perhaps you've experienced clinical depression as a result of this arduous search. You may work as a teacher, or in a job that does not require you to pay too much attention (so as to allow for your day dreaming). You can be difficult to deal with in that you are a harsh judge of all things; you cannot tolerate foolishness and can be seen as petty at times or semantical in arguing points that are important to you but may seem meaningless to others. Be careful not to isolate yourself too much - prone to agoraphobia and other forms of social isolation. Examples of Introspective Types: Nietzsche, Heidegger, Sartre Quote from an Introspective Type: "I'm mostly concerned with ideas, human concepts and so forth. I want to understand the limitations of human understanding."

You scored 10% on Artist, higher than 2% of your peers.
    You scored 75% on Philosopher, higher than 99% of your peers.
    You scored 15% on Scientist, higher than 17% of your peers.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

The Creator

You scored 45Artist, 25 Philosopher, 30 Scientist!

You live outside yourself - in the things you create and work with. You live through objects ... that is, as opposed to living "within yourself", as the "introspector" does. You do not need justification to create, and you do not preoccupy yourself too much with the overall usefulness or meaning of your creations; you are an inventor and a creator. You are quick witted and imaginative most likely, but tend not to dwell too heavily on the "meaning" of specific things. Society benefits from your creations ... which might range from the useless to the indispensable. Since you are so heavily preoccupied with your activities, it is important to remember to stop "doing" sometimes and allow yourself to ponder what you've done... appreciate it deeply. Examples of Creators: Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Nikolai Tesla Quotes from Creators: "I'm an artist. I enjoy working with my hands. I love reading. I listen to music constantly, but I don't have any particular taste, because what I listen to changes constantly."

The Creator

You scored 45Artist, 20 Philosopher, 35 Scientist!

You live outside yourself - in the things you create and work with. You live through objects ... that is, as opposed to living "within yourself", as the "introspector" does. You do not need justification to create, and you do not preoccupy yourself too much with the overall usefulness or meaning of your creations; you are an inventor and a creator. You are quick witted and imaginative most likely, but tend not to dwell too heavily on the "meaning" of specific things. Society benefits from your creations ... which might range from the useless to the indispensable. Since you are so heavily preoccupied with your activities, it is important to remember to stop "doing" sometimes and allow yourself to ponder what you've done... appreciate it deeply. Examples of Creators: Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Nikolai Tesla Quotes from Creators: "I'm an artist. I enjoy working with my hands. I love reading. I listen to music constantly, but I don't have any particular taste, because what I listen to changes

Society benefits from your creations ... which might range from the useless..

...to the indispensable

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you isfps are all alike

The Eccentric
    You scored 38Artist, 40 Philosopher, 23 Scientist!

You live in a world of vast abstraction and color. You are hardly interested in the mechanics of real life; you are preoccupied with the substance of existence (the story and narrative, the symbolism), and the form and shape which life itself takes. You mix the mystical with the rational, like St. Thomas Aquinas, you find inroads between the sublime and the tangible ... you might have a propensity to let yourself go, though, in different ways. Everyday chores and responsibilities are not high on your list of passions; neither is any kind of "daily ritual" most likely. Your ideal work involves something that combines a medium for self expression (such as writing), with the inherent rationality and inquisitiveness of your philosophical side. You are very youthful in your demeanor. You are a true representative of modern culture and society; with its shifts toward new systems of spirituality which combine ancient mysticism with classic reason. You are not preoccupied with wealth most likely. Examples of Eccentrics: Timothy Leary, Stanley Kubrick, Socrates. Quotes from "Eccentrics": "I am a little unusual, a little different and very unique."

great... I'm a weirdo
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you isfps are all alike
    Just what I was thinking This test is doing well at spotting them anyway. It's also out-keirseying Keirsey!

great... I'm a weirdo
    But you got the most fun result! Look at me, the depressed, penurious garret phillosopher, disappearing up his own backside in an existential funk about his inability to conclusively establish the "meaning" of meaning, and ask yourself which you'd rather be?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The Eccentric
    You scored 35Artist, 60 Philosopher, 5 Scientist!

You live in a world of vast abstraction and color. You are hardly interested in the mechanics of real life; you are preoccupied with the substance of existence (the story and narrative, the symbolism), and the form and shape which life itself takes. You mix the mystical with the rational, like St. Thomas Aquinas, you find inroads between the sublime and the tangible ... you might have a propensity to let yourself go, though, in different ways. Everyday chores and responsibilities are not high on your list of passions; neither is any kind of "daily ritual" most likely. Your ideal work involves something that combines a medium for self expression (such as writing), with the inherent rationality and inquisitiveness of your philosophical side. You are very youthful in your demeanor. You are a true representative of modern culture and society; with its shifts toward new systems of spirituality which combine ancient mysticism with classic reason. You are not preoccupied with wealth most likely. Examples of Eccentrics: Timothy Leary, Stanley Kubrick, Socrates. Quotes from "Eccentrics": "I am a little unusual, a little different and very unique."

it's OK whatever I have never claimed to be anything but a weirdo!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

now let's go paint the pumps in the gas station pink
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Oooh noooo! I am alergic to Pink - how about Bright Copper/Rust with Electric Blue
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown