• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oldham's Personality Styles

What Oldham Style Best Describes You?

• Total voters

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Type Percent
Vigilant 57%
Solitary 79%
Idiosyncratic 56%
Adventurous 41%
Mercurial 63%
Dramatic 31%
Self - Confident 44%
Sensitive 57%
Devoted 44%
Concientous 44%
Leisurely 83%
Aggressive 56%
Self - Sacrificing 25%

Also, am I the only one seeking a very strong overlap between these descriptions and enneagram? Self-sacrificing sounds like 2, Devoted like a social phobic 6 and so on.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Vigilant 57%
Solitary 36%
Idiosyncratic 61%
Adventurous 45%
Mercurial 69%
Dramatic 75%

Self - Confident 56%
Sensitive 50%
Devoted 22%
Concientous 22%
Leisurely 78%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 44%

ISTJ and ENFJ, then ESFP.

Anyone else notice that ISFP is missing from this test? It's the Exuberant type. It's the one I relate to the most strongly. The ambiverted, creative, cyclothymic.

I find the Leisurely type's correlation to ISTJ odd, though. ISTJ think they should be able to be free to do as they please, live a life of comfort and leisure, AND AVOID SUBMITTING TO AUTHORITY?

WTF.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No I don't understand this at all. It seems to be divided into the four temperaments, but when I check this link:

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/oldham.htm

...Dramatic and Mercurial are both ESFP (Dramatic can also be ESFJ), and Leisurely is ISTP (or INTP).

So I'm getting SP characteristics according that link, but in terms of charts I've seen correlating the 16 types, no.

Oh weird. It also says Leisurely is linked to Introverted Feeling (Fi).

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No I don't understand this at all. It seems to be divided into the four temperaments, but when I check this link:

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/oldham.htm

...Dramatic and Mercurial are both ESFP (Dramatic can also be ESFJ), and Leisurely is ISTP (or INTP).

So I'm getting SP characteristics according that link, but in terms of charts I've seen correlating the 16 types, no.

Oh weird. It also says Leisurely is linked to Introverted Feeling (Fi).
I am not even going to try. That cross-mapping just makes no sense XD It just seems like an attempt of trying too hard to connect systems that should probably not be connected.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Vigilant was my top score, and the next highest were Serious and Idiosyncratic. Leisurely was pretty high, too.

How does everyone feel about their Oldham types? I feel pretty neutral about my MBTI and Enneagram types, but this one I'm actually happy to identify with. I value Vigilant traits in myself more strongly with those typically associated with INFP or 9 or so/sx. I wonder why that is.

this is unrelated but I'm also curious as to how everyone feels about the fact that there is a Jew emoticon, which I just noticed

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Vigilant was my top score, and the next highest were Serious and Idiosyncratic. Leisurely was pretty high, too.

How does everyone feel about their Oldham types? I feel pretty neutral about my MBTI and Enneagram types, but this one I'm actually happy to identify with. I value Vigilant traits in myself more strongly with those typically associated with INFP or 9 or so/sx. I wonder why that is.

this is unrelated but I'm also curious as to how everyone feels about the fact that there is a Jew emoticon, which I just noticed

Would you also like to ask everyone how they feel about their father while you're at it?

Am I happy to be Dramatic, Mercurial and Leisurely (though not necessarily always in that order)? Um, I would say that they are definitely aspects of my persona.

Do I want to be known throughout each and every kingdom by those three words alone? No.

It makes me sound like some kind of old Hollywood actress, I'm envisioning Joan Crawford or Betty Davis or something. They aren't exactly traits society combines together and says "yes that's respectable, let's hire her."

So I guess, once again, haters make me famous.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Type Percent
Vigilant 50%
Solitary 64%
Idiosyncratic 61%
Adventurous 64%
Mercurial 56%
Dramatic 31%
Self - Confident 22%
Sensitive 50%
Devoted 61%
Concientous 72%
Leisurely 67%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 56%

Conscientious yet Leisurely? That's a bit contradictory. But I'm an xNTJ 9.
Lol xD

But I probably relate more to the Solitary descriptions than anything else.

In descending order of preferences:

Vigilant 71%
Conscientious 67%
Leisurely 64%
Idiosyncratic 61%
Aggressive 53%
Mercurial 50%
Self - Sacrificing 50%
Sensitive 43%
Adventurous 41%
Devoted 39%
Self - Confident 39%
Solitary 36%
Dramatic 31%

Vigilant
Possess an exceptional awareness of their environment, Survivors, antennae, Naturally assume role of social critic/watchdog.

Autonomy: Vigilant-Style individuals possess a resilient independence. They keep their own counsel, they require no outside reassurance or advice, theymake decisions easily, and they can take care of themselves.

Caution: They are careful in their dealings with others, preferring to size up a person before entering into a relationship.

Perceptiveness: They are good listeners, with an ear for subtlety, tone and multiple levels of communication.

Self-defense: Individuals with Vigilant style are feisty and do not hesitate to stand up for themselves, especially when they are under attack.

Alertness to criticism: They take criticism very seriously, without becoming intimidated.

Fidelity: They place a high premium on fidelity and loyalty. They work hard to earn it, and they never take it for granted.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Idiosyncratic

(Self, Real World)
Not like anyone else. Dreamers, seekers of the spirit, visionaries, mystics. True originals and they stand out.

For the full profile of your type click here.

More Personality Profile resources.
Type Percent
Vigilant 57%
Solitary 36%
Idiosyncratic 67%
Adventurous 45%
Mercurial 31%
Dramatic 50%
Self - Confident 50%
Sensitive 57%
Devoted 33%
Concientous 33%
Leisurely 61%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 38%

Inner life: Idiosyncratic individuals are tuned in to and sustained by their own feelings and belief systems, whether or not others accept or understand theirparticular world view or approach to life.
Own World: They are self-directed and independent, requiring few close relationships.
Own thing: Oblivious to convention, Idiosyncratic individuals create interesting, unusual, often eccentric lifestyle.
Expanded reality: Open to anything, they are interested in the occult, the extrasensory, and the supernatural.
Metaphysics: They are drawn to abstract and speculative thinking.
Outward view: Though they are inner-directed and follow their own hearts and minds, Idiosyncratic men and women are known observers of others, particularlysensitive to how other people react to them.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I checked with descriptions and I actually think I relate to these types the most as opposed to my test score:

• Idiosyncratic
  • Solitary
  • Mercurial
  • Leisurely

In that order. For anyone who knows me decently well outside the forum they can probably attest that idiosyncratic describes me the best overall followed by solitary.

I

Infinite Bubble

Type Percent

Vigilant 93%
Solitary 57%
Idiosyncratic 72%
Adventurous 41%
Mercurial 25%
Dramatic 31%
Self - Confident 72%
Sensitive 50%
Devoted 22%
Concientous 39%
Leisurely 67%
Aggressive 31%
Self - Sacrificing 25%

93% Vigilance... impressive. But Self-confident? Haha.

And that would be an NTJ trait followed by INT and ETP. Interesting.

G

garbage

I have posted in this thread so many times.
And again.

Conscientious

(Work)
Work ethic, get the job done and done right, strong morals and values, loyal, perfectionist.

Vigilant 36%
Solitary 50%
Idiosyncratic 11%
Adventurous 45%
Mercurial 25%
Dramatic 50%
Self - Confident 44%
Sensitive 36%
Devoted 50%
Concientous 61%
Leisurely 44%
Aggressive 19%
Self - Sacrificing 38%

Very similar scores to last time :mellow:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Solitary, Concientious,Vigilant...interesting and accurate, actually,.

Solitary, doesn't need anyone's approval.
Concientious: get the job done and do it right.
Vigiliant: doesn't quit, stays with it til it's done.

I somehow keep hearing Johnny Cash in my head now.
I suddenly remember all those times that I've been called tenacious [okay, sometimes determined, stubborn and "free-spirited"]. Seems about right.

It bugs me that the test has spelled "conscientious" so atrociously. :irked:

shadowjasmine

Instinctual Variant
sx
Type Percent
Vigilant 57%
Solitary 57%
Idiosyncratic 33%
Adventurous 36%
Mercurial 38%
Dramatic 31%
Self - Confident 44%
Sensitive 43%
Devoted 33%
Concientous 72%
Leisurely 67%
Aggressive 63%
Self - Sacrificing 56%

Sy_

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type Percent
Vigilant 57%
Solitary 43%
Idiosyncratic 61%
Adventurous 36%
Mercurial 56%
Dramatic 31%
Self - Confident 56%
Sensitive 43%
Devoted 33%
Concientous 39%
Leisurely 61%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 56%

wolfy

awsm
Resurrection. I bought this book recently and test as Dramatic/Leisurely. It is an interesting book, I haven't finished it yet and I am still thinking how dramatic and leisurely play out in my life.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Solitary~Adventurous~Idiosyncratic

1. Solitary since I excell at detached analysis and am a loner (I can talk online by myself).
2. Adventurous since I explore things and challenge them (I often go against the current).
3. Idiosyncratic since I develop some ideas related to mysticism (it's based on the first 2).

DuoRCN

Leisurely with this test, but I don't really care for it. From the book's test, I usually get Solitary as the main style, as well as high scores on Idiosyncratic, Vigilant and Leisurely. The system seems decent enough, and I can see how these varying styles play out in my life.