• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oldham's Personality Styles

What Oldham Style Best Describes You?

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
I know I am leisurely. Just posting it because it amuses me the type is istp and the function introverted feeling.

Leisurely
Code: LEI
Disorder: Passive-Aggressive
Enneagram: 6, 9w8
Variant: Self-Preservational
Myers-Briggs: ISTP, INTP
Function: Introverted Feeling

Description: Free to be me -- no one can take away this right from a person who has a Leisurely personality style. These men and women play by the rules and fulfill their responsibilities and obligations. But once they've put in their time, they will let no person, institution, or culture deprive hem of their personal pursuit of happiness, for to the Leisurely person this is what life is all about. Some Leisurely individuals find their happiness through creative pursuits, some by relaxing with a good book. What's important to them is not how they choose to enjoy themselves but that they are guaranteed this opportunity. If threatened, these normally easy-going individuals will vigorously defend their fundamental right to do their "own thing".
Inalienable rights. Leisurely men and women believe in their right to enjoy themselves on their own terms in their own time. They value and protect their comfort, their free time, and their individual pursuit of happiness.
Enough is enough. They agree to play by the rules. They deliver what is expected of them and no more. They expect others to recognize and respect that limit.
The right to resist. Leisurely individuals cannot be exploited. They can comfortably resist acceding to demands that they deem unreasonable or above and beyond the call of duty.
Mañana. Leisurely men and women are relaxed about time. Unlike Type-A individuals, they are not obsessed by time urgency or the demands of the clock. To these individuals, haste makes waste and unnecessary anxiety. They are easygoing and optimistic that whatever needs to get done will get done, eventually.
I'm okay. They are not overawed by authority. They accept themselves and their approach to life.
Wheel of fortune. Leisurely people believe that they are just as good as everyone else and as entitled to the best things in life. They maintain that blind luck often accounts for who fares well and who fares poorly.
Mixed feelings. Although they feel impelled to proceed in their own direction, when their choices put them in conflict with the people they care for, Leisurely people are often of two minds about how to proceed. They do not like to risk important relationships, yet they need to feel free.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Leisurely
(Self)
Free to be me, happiness is what their life is all about, can find pleasure from almost any source.

Vigilant 57%
Solitary 21%
Idiosyncratic 44%
Adventurous 50%
Mercurial 44%
Dramatic 63%
Self - Confident 56%
Sensitive 36%
Devoted 39%
Concientous 17%
Leisurely 78%
Aggressive 38%
Self - Sacrificing 56%

Leisurely

Inalienable rights: Leisurely men and women believe in the right to enjoy themselves on their own terms in their own time. They value and protect their comfort,their free time, and their individual pursuit of happiness.
Enough is enough: They agree to play by the rules. They deliver what is expected of them and no more. They expect others to recognize and respect that limit.
The right to resist: Leisurely individuals cannot be exploited. They can comfortable resist acceding to demands that they deem unreasonable or above and beyond the call of duty.
Manana: Leisurely men and women are relaxed about time. Unlike Type-A individuals, they are not obsessed by time urgency or the demands of the clock. To these individuals, haste makes waste and unnecessary anxiety. They are easygoing and optimistic that whatever needs to get done will get done, eventually.
I'm okay: They are not overawed by authority. They accept themselves and their approach to life. They are content with their place in the universe.

I guess this is sort of true... it really needs to include the missing 3 types though

[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION], where did you find that description for Leisurely?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This lights up the "independent" part, (I hate that word solitary- independent is my preferred word....) Seems kind of one dimensional, though. The bolded is true.

Solitary
(Self, Emotions)

Need no one but themselves. Liberated from the drive to impress and please. Remarkably free of the emotions & involvements that distract others.

Solitude: Individuals with the solitary personality style have small need of companionship and are most comfortable alone.

Independence: They are self-contained and do not require interaction with others in order to enjoy their experiences and get on in life.
Sangfroid: Solitary men and women are even-tempered, calm, dispassionate, unsentimental, and unflappable.
Sexual composure: They are not driven by sexual needs. They enjoy sex, but will not suffer in its absence.
Feet on the ground: They are unswayed by either praise or criticism and can confidently come to terms with their own behavior.

Vigilant 50%
Solitary 64%
Idiosyncratic 50%
Adventurous 50%
Mercurial 31%
Dramatic 38%
Self - Confident 44%
Sensitive 36%
Devoted 33%
Concientous 17%
Leisurely 56%
Aggressive 25%
Self - Sacrificing 44%

G

Ginkgo

I took it again and got idiosyncratic again. The description resembles an "indigo child". :(

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Adventurous
(Self, Self-Control)

Throw caution to the winds, venture where most mortals fear to tread, not bound by typical worries and terrors, risk is the reward.

For the full profile of your type click here.
More Personality Profile resources.

Type Percent
Vigilant 36%
Solitary 29%
Idiosyncratic 50%
Adventurous 55%
Mercurial 25%
Dramatic 44%
Self - Confident 44%
Sensitive 43%
Devoted 28%
Concientous 44%
Leisurely 50%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 19%

I'm not very much of anything.

Reading about this, it doesn't seem to fit too well.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vigilant
followed by Solitary, and Devoted

I sound like a German Shepherd.

Silveresque

Vigilant 29%
Solitary 64%
Idiosyncratic 22%
Adventurous 32%
Mercurial 19%
Dramatic 38%
Self-Confident 39%
Sensitive 43%
Devoted 33%
Concientous 39%
Leisurely 72%
Aggressive 19%
Self-Sacrificing 13%

KDude

Vigilant

Vigilant 86%
Solitary 36%
Idiosyncratic 11%
Adventurous 55%
Mercurial 38%
Dramatic 44%
Self - Confident 33%
Sensitive 21%
Devoted 28%
Concientous 11%
Leisurely 83%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 63%

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, i don't know how i feel about this one...i would be cautious of official name sounding tests that spell 'patience' 'patients'

I bumped this thread to show someone criticizing an online test for a few typoes and misspellings. But I can assure you the book version of the same test has none of those issues. This is just "judging a book by its cover."

My score on this occasion was

Type Percent
Vigilant 57%
Solitary 43%
Idiosyncratic 39%
Adventurous 23%
Mercurial 13%
Dramatic 19%
Self-Confident 22%
Sensitive 43%
Devoted 28%
Conscientious 50%
Leisurely 72%
Aggressive 38%
Self - Sacrificing 63%

Leisurely 72%, Self-sacrificing 63%, Vigilant 57%.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leisurely
(Self)

Free to be me, happiness is what their life is all about, can find pleasure from almost any source.
Type Percent
Vigilant 86%
Solitary 43%
Idiosyncratic 72%
Adventurous 55%
Mercurial 63%
Dramatic 44%
Self - Confident 83%
Sensitive 29%
Devoted 44%
Concientous 33%
Leisurely 89%
Aggressive 56%
Self - Sacrificing 50%

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Page created for: Guest

Personality Profile - Your Results

Your Personality Profile Type(s): Leisurely
Leisurely
(Self)

For the full profile of your type click here.
More Personality Profile resources.

Type Percent
Vigilant 29%
Solitary 0%
Idiosyncratic 33%
Adventurous 18%
Mercurial 44%
Dramatic 44%
Self - Confident 11%
Sensitive 29%
Devoted 11%
Concientous 28%
Leisurely 50%
Aggressive 13%
Self - Sacrificing 13%

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So my wife scored Devoted/Adventurous, as I stated on another thread. Here are the correlations:
Devoted
Code: DEV
Disorder: Dependent
Enneagram: 9
Variant: Sexual
Myers-Briggs: ISFJ, ESFJ
Function: Extraverted Feeling

Adventurous
Code: ADV
Disorder: Antisocial
Enneagram: 7w8, 8w7
Myers-Briggs: ESTP, ISTP
Function: Extraverted Sensing

Paying attention only to the Function part, she is equally Fe and Se. But according to the MBTI, this does not compute into a single type.

So all the MBTI does is score for traits in general - feeling, sensing, introverted, judging, etc. It's not at all a functions test, just the opposite - it is anti-function. It is therefore dangerous to assume that MBTI correlates with JCF.

Both types say she is the Sx Instinctual, just as I thought already. But what it doesn't tell you is that So is likely to be last in that order of things if she is in her Adventurous mode, which is also what I thought.

The enneagram part of the analysis shows 9, with 8w7 or 7w8. That explains why I thought she had a 7-wing for a couple years. It must be part of a tritype.

The MBTI part shows contradictory P and J pairs, which correlates with my 6-years of observing that sometimes she brings out the J, but not as often as the P.

Sensing is almost an absolute here, and indeed she has no interest in any flighty matters.

The E and I correlations make her seem rather ambiverted, but this is common with the MBTI to give contradictory results leaving it up to the reader (or victim?) to sort it out, someday.

She has F and T showing up above, which is the kind of contradiction I would expect. Not that she's such a Ti type, but she's shown mechanical (ISTP) aptitude that I lack. She can easily outgun me in the mechanical aspect of things.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool. 6 counterphobe could be accurate for me ("Vigilant), but NTJ...not so much. Maybe my high "Leisurely" score offsets it (ISTP/INTP apparently).

Yes. See the above post. That's how I analyzed my wife just now, and it wasn't a simple task.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leisurely
(Self)

Vigilant 57%
Solitary 21%
Idiosyncratic 61%
Adventurous 50%
Mercurial 44%
Dramatic 44%
Self - Confident 67%
Sensitive 43%
Devoted 39%
Concientous 17%
Leisurely 78%
Aggressive 19%
Self - Sacrificing 63%

i don't know why self-confident is 2nd because from reading the description, i didn't answer any of the questions in that way. leisurely is somewhat fitting, but not really.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is my self-analysis at http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/oldham.htm

Leisurely

Funny isn't it? ISTP or INTP, yet Fi.

Nobody on that site is assuming that MBTI and JCF correlate. Everything is being treated separately.

I did not score highly on Idiosyncratic. However:

Idiosyncratic
Code: IDI
Disorder: Schizotypal
Enneagram: 5w4, 4w5
Myers-Briggs: INTJ, INTP
Function: Introverted Intuition

"Description: Idiosyncratic men and women are not like anyone else. They are dreamers, seekers of the spirit, visionaries, mystics. They march to a distinctive beat, different from the conventional rhythms that most people follow. They are true originals and often they stand out, sometimes as eccentrics, sometimes as geniuses."

(That describes me originally, but I have reduced much of it over the years and decades.)

"Inner life. Idiosyncratic individuals are tuned in to and sustained by their own feelings and belief systems, whether or not others accept or understand their particular worldview or approach to life."

That sounds like Ti and Fi. That paragraph describes pretty much the way I still am.

"Own world. They are self-directed and independent, requiring few close relationships.
Own thing. Oblivious to convention, Idiosyncratic individuals create interesting, unusual, often eccentric lifestyles."

If that sounds like So is last, you're spot on. I pay attention to conventionalism out of necessity, and so I appear more or less conventional to others. I don't stand out as much as I used to.

"Expanded reality. Open to anything, they are interested in the occult, the extrasensory, and the supernatural."

I keep ALL those thoughts to myself, and yet they often occupy a large part of my thinking still.

"Metaphysics. They are drawn to abstract and speculative thinking."

Ahhh yes, my years long interest in Kantian architectonic, and many webpages I view are in that flighty abstract/speculative range, things that would bore my wife to tears.

"Outward view. Though they are inner-directed and follow their own hearts and minds, Idiosyncratic men and women are keen observers of others, particularly sensitive to how other people react to them."

A sensitive nature is a strong and unfortunate aspect of my psyche. I battle against it constantly.

I certainly agree with the Sexual variant in the analysis.

KDude

Here is my analysis at http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/oldham.htm

Leisurely

Funny isn't it? ISTP or INTP, yet Fi.

Nobody on that site is assuming that MBTI and JCF correlate. Everything is being treated separately.

It corresponds better with Socionics ITps, who are Fi valuing, but not entirely like ITJs.

S

Sniffles

Your Personality Profile Type(s): Mercurial,Self - Sacrificing

Type Percent
Vigilant 64%
Solitary 50%
Idiosyncratic 72%
Adventurous 32%
Mercurial 81%
Dramatic 44%
Self - Confident 72%
Sensitive 64%