• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oldham's Personality Styles

What Oldham Style Best Describes You?

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It corresponds better with Socionics ITps, who are Fi valuing, but not entirely like ITJs.

I added to that post. But I agree in that Socionics is truer to JCF than MBTI by far. The only problem with Socionics is the VI, which people in the Western world tend to detest. And so they throw out all Socionics on the basis of one little part of it.

KDude

I added to that post. But I agree in that Socionics is truer to JCF than MBTI by far. The only problem with Socionics is the VI, which people in the Western world tend to detest. And so they throw out all Socionics on the basis of one little part of it.

I reminded myself of that after I posted. None of the original theorists and teachers behind it even thought about VI or supported it though. It came up much later, I think.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Vigilant
Code: VIG
Disorder: Paranoid
Enneagram: 8, 6 (counterphobic)"

I see that the page agrees with me on that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I reminded myself of that after I posted. None of the original theorists and teachers behind it even thought about VI or supported it though. It came up much later, I think.

I don't see what the big deal is about VI. Over twenty years ago someone was doing VI with the enneagram and sending the results in to the Enneagram Monthly. Those would be batches of people pics, mostly of strangers, and his calls on them - it's just type-watching.

KDude

I don't see what the big deal is about VI. Over twenty years ago someone was doing VI with the enneagram and sending the results in to the Enneagram Monthly. Those would be batches of people pics, mostly of strangers, and his calls on them - it's just type-watching.

In Socionics' case, there's no real method to it. That's a problem. There was a socionics writer (Filatova) who conducted public typings in the 80s and kept a notebook of photos. When she published her research, she merely commented on the side that she thought there were some physical similitaries with people. She didn't make anything out of it. The important thing is that she had made an effort to determine their types by Jungian/Socionics theories. It was layman who latched on to the photos, and by the time Socionics made it's way into the west, there was a whole school of thought revolving around VI.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In Socionics' case, there's no real method to it. That's a problem. There was a socionics writer (Filatova) who conducted public typings in the 80s and kept a notebook of photos. When she published her research, she merely commented on the side that she thought there were some physical similitaries with people. She didn't make anything out of it. The important thing is that she had made an effort to determine their types by Jungian/Socionics theories. It was layman who latched on to the photos, and by the time Socionics made it's way into the west, there was a whole school of thought revolving around VI.

In other words, Filatova didn't know what types those people were, and neither did anybody else? Nobody has verified the types? Likewise, I could take some mugshots off the web and group them according to similar characteristics, and then give them group Jungian types?

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
the original test results:

Page created for: Guest
Personality Profile - Your Results
Your Personality Profile Type(s): Leisurely

Leisurely

(Self)
Free to be me, happiness is what their life is all about, can find pleasure from almost any source.

For the full profile of your type click here.

More Personality Profile resources.
Type Percent
Vigilant 57%
Solitary 36%
Idiosyncratic 33%
Adventurous 32%
Mercurial 44%
Dramatic 13%
Self - Confident 28%
Sensitive 36%
Devoted 11%
Concientous 33%
Leisurely 61%
Aggressive 25%
Self - Sacrificing 31%

KDude

In other words, Filatova didn't know what types those people were, and neither did anybody else? Nobody has verified the types? So I could take some mugshots off the web and group them according to similar characteristics, and then give them group Jungian types?

No, she determined the types by interacting with them. I assume much like any other mbti consultant/writer. She just happened to take photos for cataloguing purposes. She published some of the photos in her books, but didn't support visual identification herself. Her readers latched on to that.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Solitary: 64%
Dramatic: 69%
Conscientious: 78%

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does not sound very INTJ-like.

Vigilant 43%
Solitary 7%
Idiosyncratic 39%
Adventurous 23%
Mercurial 56%
Dramatic 56%

Self - Confident 39%
Sensitive 36%
Devoted 17%
Concientous 50%
Leisurely 39%
Aggressive 19%
Self - Sacrificing 25%

Mercurial

Code: MER
Disorder: Borderline
Enneagram: 4w3, 7w6
Variant: Sexual
Myers-Briggs: ESFP, ENFP
Function: Extraverted Feeling

Description: Life is a roller coaster for those with the Mercurial personality style -- and they'll insist you come along for the ride. From the peaks to the valleys, intensity imbues their every breath. Mercurial women and men yearn for experience, and they jump into a new love or a new lifestyle with both feet, without even a glance backward. No other style, the Dramatic included, is so ardent in its desire to connect with life and with other people. And no other style is quite so capable of enduring the changes in emotional weather that such a fervidly lived life will bring.

Romantic attachment. Mercurial individuals must always be deeply involved in a romantic relationship with one person.
Intensity. They experience a passionate, focused attachment in all their relationships. Nothing that goes on between them and other people is trivial, nothing taken lightly.
Heart. They show what they feel. They are emotionally active and reactive. Mercurial types put their hearts into everything.
Unconstraint. They are uninhibited, spontaneous, fun-loving, and undaunted by risk.
Activity. Energy marks the Mercurial style. These individuals are lively, creative busy, and engaging. They show initiative and can stir others to activity.
Open mind. They are imaginative and curious, willing to experience and experiment with other cultures, roles, and value systems and to follow new paths.
Alternate states. People with Mercurial style are skilled at distancing or distracting themselves from reality when it is painful or harsh.

Dramatic

Code: DRA
Disorder: Histrionic
Enneagram: 2w3, 7w6
Variant: Social
Myers-Briggs: ESFJ, ESFP
Function: Extraverted Feeling

Description: Dramatic types are all heart. They have been granted the gift of feeling, with which they color the lives of everyone around them. When possessed of great talent, Dramatic men and women can transform human emotion into the highest art form. Even in their daily lives, their wit, their laughter, their sense of beauty, their flamboyance, and their sensuality can lift the spirits of a roomful of strangers. All the world's a stage for individuals with this very common personality style. Life is never dull or boring for them and certainly not for those who share it with them. Dramatic people fill their world with excitement; things happen in their lives.

Feelings. Dramatic men and women live in an emotional world. They are sensation oriented, emotionally demonstrative, and physically affectionate, They react emotionally to events and can shift quickly from mood to mood.
Color. They experience life vividly and expansively. They have rich imaginations, they tell entertaining stories, and they are drawn to romance and melodrama.
Attention. Dramatic people like to be seen and noticed. They are often the center of attention, and they rise to the occasion when all eyes are on them.
Appearance. They pay a lot of attention to grooming, and they enjoy clothes, style, and fashion.
Sexual attraction. In appearance and behavior, Dramatic individuals enjoy their sexuality. They are seductive, engaging, charming tempters and temptresses.
Engagement. Easily putting their trust in others, they are able to become quickly involved in relationships.
The spirit is willing. People with Dramatic personality style eagerly respond to new ideas and suggestions from others.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Vigilant (relationships)
Possess an exceptional awareness of their environment, Survivors, antennae, Naturally assume role of social critic/watchdog. Vigilant-Style individuals possess a resilient independence. They keep their own counsel, they require no outside reassurance or advice, theymake decisions easily, and they can take care of themselves. They are careful in their dealings with others, preferring to size up a person before entering into a relationship. They are good listeners, with an ear for subtlety, tone and multiple levels of communication. Individuals with Vigilant style are feisty and do not hesitate to stand up for themselves, especially when they are under attack. They take criticism very seriously, without becoming intimidated. They place a high premium on fidelity and loyalty. They work hard to earn it, and they never take it for granted.

Solitary (self, emotions)
Need no one but themselves. Liberated from the drive to impress and please. Remarkably free of the emotions & involvements that distract others.

Vigilant 79%
Solitary 79%
Idiosyncratic 39%
Adventurous 32%
Mercurial 38%
Dramatic 6%
Self - Confident 33%
Sensitive 50%
Devoted 28%
Concientous 78%
Leisurely 44%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 19%

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vigilant (relationships)
Possess an exceptional awareness of their environment, Survivors, antennae, Naturally assume role of social critic/watchdog. Vigilant-Style individuals possess a resilient independence. They keep their own counsel, they require no outside reassurance or advice, theymake decisions easily, and they can take care of themselves. They are careful in their dealings with others, preferring to size up a person before entering into a relationship. They are good listeners, with an ear for subtlety, tone and multiple levels of communication. Individuals with Vigilant style are feisty and do not hesitate to stand up for themselves, especially when they are under attack. They take criticism very seriously, without becoming intimidated. They place a high premium on fidelity and loyalty. They work hard to earn it, and they never take it for granted.

Solitary (self, emotions)
Need no one but themselves. Liberated from the drive to impress and please. Remarkably free of the emotions & involvements that distract others.

Vigilant 79%
Solitary 79%
Idiosyncratic 39%
Adventurous 32%
Mercurial 38%
Dramatic 6%
Self - Confident 33%
Sensitive 50%
Devoted 28%
Concientous 78%
Leisurely 44%
Aggressive 44%
Self - Sacrificing 19%

"Conscientious" was at 78%, a close second to the other two. Since that is typically correlated with etype 1, it's probably the reason why the 5w6 resonates so well with type 1. I just don't know why the 5w6 tends to be so conscientious and 1-like.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your Type: Sensitive.

Type Percent
Vigilant 29%
Solitary 57%
Idiosyncratic 50%
Adventurous 41%
Mercurial 56%
Dramatic 44%
Self - Confident 33%
Sensitive 64%
Devoted 39%
Concientous 44%
Leisurely 61%
Aggressive 19%
Self - Sacrificing 44%

G

garbage

Vigilant 86%

I have posted in this thread so many times.

Vigilant 36%
Solitary 50%
Idiosyncratic 33%
Adventurous 41%
Mercurial 31%
Dramatic 50%
Self - Confident 50%
Sensitive 29%
Devoted 28%
Concientous 56%
Leisurely 39%
Aggressive 25%
Self - Sacrificing 25%

Apparently, I don't relate to any of these styles to a great degree. Well, then.

"Conscientious" was at 78%, a close second to the other two. Since that is typically correlated with etype 1, it's probably the reason why the 5w6 resonates so well with type 1. I just don't know why the 5w6 tends to be so conscientious and 1-like.
Naranjo makes some very clear and convincing comparisons between 5 and 1. I'll dig them up when I get a chance.

.. if I remember to do so..

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have posted in this thread so many times.

Vigilant 36%
Solitary 50%
Idiosyncratic 33%
Adventurous 41%
Mercurial 31%
Dramatic 50%
Self - Confident 50%
Sensitive 29%
Devoted 28%
Concientous 56%
Leisurely 39%
Aggressive 25%
Self - Sacrificing 25%

Apparently, I don't relate to any of these styles to a great degree. Well, then.

The real test is to read the type descriptions. I don't identify with Leisurely, my highest score, or Self-sacrificing, my second highest. So it is possible that even though I have fewer Idiosyncratic traits, the ones I do have overpower those other traits.

Naranjo makes some very clear and convincing comparisons between 5 and 1. I'll dig them up when I get a chance.

.. if I remember to do so..

http://www.9types.com/writeup/enneagram.html
"1s and 5s are occasionally confused for each other because they are both analytical, and both appreciate detailed, accurate, information. The scientific method is based on a mixture of type 1 and type 5 fixations. However, 1s think to ensure correctness, while 5s think to understand and intellectually conquer their environment. Fives are oriented toward ideas, while ones are oriented toward ideaLs (capital L for emphasis). Ones feel bound by rules and principles, while 5s do not."

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ. None of them are particularly spot-on but these two were the closest...

Vigilant 79%
Solitary 64%

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vigilant

Type Percent

Vigilant 79%
Concientous 78%
Aggressive 69%
Leisurely 61%
Solitary 57%
Self -Sacrificing 56%
Mercurial 56%
Adventurous 50%
Sensitive 50%
Self - Confident 44%
Idiosyncratic 44%
Devoted 39%
Dramatic 19%

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This was developed from 14 personality disorders in their lower manifestations.

Mia.

Idiosyncratic
(Self, Real World)

Not like anyone else. Dreamers, seekers of the spirit, visionaries, mystics. True originals and they stand out.

Inner life: individuals are tuned in to and sustained by their own feelings and belief systems, whether or not others accept or understand their particular world view or approach to life.
Own World: They are self-directed and independent, requiring few close relationships.
Own thing: Oblivious to convention, Idiosyncratic individuals create interesting, unusual, often eccentric lifestyle.
Expanded reality: Open to anything, they are interested in the occult, the extrasensory, and the supernatural.
Metaphysics: They are drawn to abstract and speculative thinking.
Outward view: Though they are inner-directed and follow their own hearts and minds, Idiosyncratic men and women are known observers of others, particularly sensitive to how other people react to them.