• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What American accent do you have?

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Well since I am Canadian those results are not surprising

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
uVnqSV5.png

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've taken these tests several times and always get Inland North or Northern Cities Vowel shift.

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
Your Result: The Northeast

100%
Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

punkermit

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Your Result: The Midland 88%

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

80% The Inland North
70% The Northeast
68% The South
63% Philadelphia
62% North Central
59% Boston
50% The West

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
100% The West
95% The Midland
63% Boston

First two yes. Last one noooo.

Lady Elizabeth

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Result: The Midland

88%

88%

Tazzie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
Result: The Inland North

89%
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

Well I guess. I been told a few times I have a country accent.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got a Northeast accent (74%) :D

Otherwise here are my results:

- The Midland (74%)
- Philadelphia (63%)
- Boston (59%)
- The Inland North (55%)
- The South (51%)
- The West (50%)
- North Central (16%)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
midland, north central, and west were all pretty close to tied... makes sense given where i have lived... if inland north is like the inland northwest, i am confused as to why it would be at sixty, while the rest were in the mid eighties...

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

88%

this is eerie cuz I've been asked if I was from Pennsylvania. XD

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
100% Inland North

Fun test!

Tater

85%

76%The West

63%Boston

50%The South

40%Philadelphia

39%North Central

33%The Northeast

26%The Inland North

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your Result: The West

100%
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol some of the words i was like, how else would u say them.

then i remembered #boston.

Your Result: The West

96%
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

95%The Midland