• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Value Sorter

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Wow, I didn't realize how selfish I've become. I think it's a good thing. It means I'm starting to pay attention to my own needs. According to needs theory, these values are likely to change over time, as the valued needs are met. I've been working in a helping profession for 13 years. I've always put everyone else's needs ahead of my own. It's time to put myself first.

PS - I *love* Andy Goldsworthy: YouTube - Andy Goldsworthy: Rivers and Tides I (via SparkBugg.com)

My results:

1. Independence
People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

One benefit of this value is... you may be strong and resilient

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

2. Nature/Beauty
People who value this are likely to: to appreciate the aesthetic qualities in all its forms

Having this value can be challenging because: you may put overvalue external beauty

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Goldsworthy, classical Greek sculptors

One benefit of this value is... you may experience joy and inspiration

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.The winds will blow their own freshness into you... while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir"

3. Health
People who value this are likely to: to be well in mind and body

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become obsessed with your appearance and capabilities

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Andrew Weil,

One benefit of this value is... you may have a higher quality of life

"Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year." Franklin P. Adams

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
1. Compassion/Service
2. Family
3. Spirituality

but I would also consider integrity to be up there.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
1-Integrity
2-Family
3-Wisdom

Zelath

MBTI Type
INfP
1. Peace
People who value this are likely to: to have a sense of tranquility and centeredness and seek harmony among people and communities

Having this value can be challenging because: you may isolate yourself from the world

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Alva Myrdal, Jimmy Carter, Thicht Naht Hahn

One benefit of this value is... you may feel an inner peace yourself

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace." Albert Schweitzer

2. Compassion/Service
People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

One benefit of this value is... you may feel fulfilled

"Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller

3. Wisdom
People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

One benefit of this value is... you may appreciate more of what matters most

"He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise." Lao-Tze

bravesthope

MBTI Type
INFP
1. Integrity

People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

One benefit of this value is... you may be a powerful role model

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

2. Compassion/Service

People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

"Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." Helen Keller

3. Health

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become obsessed with your appearance and capabilities

"Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year." Franklin P. Adams

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
1. Independence - well that's a no-brainer
2. Integrity - I try, I really do try
3. Adventure - yeah. The unfortunate aspect of this is how it tends to disrupt other people's lives, as in: "Pack your bags son. We're moving to Maine where we know... absolutely no one."

ENFP Goddess

MBTI Type
ENFP
The Value Sorter indicates these are your top 3 values

Adventure
People who value this are likely to: to experience the excitement of being outside of one's comfort zone

Having this value can be challenging because: you may seek thrills at the expense of other values you hold

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Charles Lindbergh, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Jacques-Yves Cousteau

One benefit of this value is... you may experience excitement and self-satisfaction

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Fame
People who value this are likely to: to be recognized by many people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become self-conscious and lose some of your authenticity

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Oprah Winfrey, The Beatles, Charlie Chaplin

One benefit of this value is... you may meet people you otherwise would never had a chance to meet

"My candle burns at both its ends;It will not last the night;But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends -- It gives a lovely light." Edna St. Vincent Millay"

Friends
People who value this are likely to: care for their friends

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself or fear not having your friendship reciprocated

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Fred Rodgers, Helen Taft,

One benefit of this value is... you may have more happiness in your life

"There is no hope of joy except in human relations." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
1. Compassion/Service

2. Peace

People who value this are likely to: to have a sense of tranquility and centeredness and seek harmony among people and communities

Having this value can be challenging because: you may isolate yourself from the world

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Alva Myrdal, Jimmy Carter, Thicht Naht Hahn

One benefit of this value is... you may feel an inner peace yourself

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace." Albert Schweitzer

3. Integrity

People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

"..you crazy beatnik!"

katerp

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
1 Compassion/Service

2 Integrity

3 Justice

People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I got :

1. Adventure
2. Health
3. Integrity

Kinda surprised I didn't get spirituality, since I picked "higher power" every time it came up.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
1. Justice
  • People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people
  • Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about
  • Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire
  • One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place
  • "You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow:

2. Family
  • People who value this are likely to: provide and care for members of one's family
  • Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself
  • Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Theodore Roosevelt, Robert Kennedy, Marian Wright Edelman
  • One benefit of this value is... you may have more happiness in your life
  • "The family is one of nature's masterpieces." George Santayana

3. Adventure
  • ***People who value this are likely to: to experience the excitement of being outside of one's comfort zone***
  • Having this value can be challenging because: you may seek thrills at the expense of other values you hold
  • Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Charles Lindbergh, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Jacques-Yves Cousteau
  • One benefit of this value is... you may experience excitement and self-satisfaction
  • "It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
--

I'm surprised - no, make that shocked - that I didn't get independence. *shrug*

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Value 1:adventure, 2: compassion/service..:3: integrity

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3

Health

Adventure
People who value this are likely to: to experience the excitement of being outside of one's comfort zone

Having this value can be challenging because: you may seek thrills at the expense of other values you hold

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Charles Lindbergh, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Jacques-Yves Cousteau

One benefit of this value is... you may experience excitement and self-satisfaction

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Nature/Beauty
People who value this are likely to: to appreciate the aesthetic qualities in all its forms

Having this value can be challenging because: you may put overvalue external beauty

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Goldsworthy, classical Greek sculptors

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.The winds will blow their own freshness into you... while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir"

I don't agree with adventure I see a few that I would value more on other results.

frenchkiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Hah, the sample question: would you rather eat ice cream or drink soda..

I clicked one thinking it was real. I thought it was a wierd question! :doh:

Anyway.

1. Family
2. Wealth
3. Justice

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1 Wealth

People who value this are likely to: to possess substantial financial resources

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with others life experience and perceive money as the primary measure of success and means to happiness

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John D. Rockefeller, Sam Walton, Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan

One benefit of this value is... you may have more freedom to live life fully

"If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed." Edmund Burke

2 Adventure

3 Wisdom

People who value this are likely to: have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Benjamin Franklin, Confucious, Aspasia

One benefit of this value is... you may appreciate more of what matters most

"He who knows others is learned; he who knows himself is wise." Lao-Tze

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Wisdom
Nature/Beauty
Friends

Hmm, I would bet that Family came awfully close to knocking off the friends.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Independence
People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Adventure

Health

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. Independence

2. Nature/Beauty

3. Integrity