• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Value Sorter

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Integrity
Family
Independence

Hmmm. . . 2. family and 3. independence? I guess that is not too surprising. I like children and my parents are actually fairly cool. I don't like excessive extended family commitments, though. I look forward to starting a family of my own when I am financially secure and after having found the right woman.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Integrity
People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

One benefit of this value is... you may be a powerful role model

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

Justice
People who value this are likely to: seek fairness for all people

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow:

Adventure
People who value this are likely to: to experience the excitement of being outside of one's comfort zone

Having this value can be challenging because: you may seek thrills at the expense of other values you hold

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Charles Lindbergh, Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Jacques-Yves Cousteau

One benefit of this value is... you may experience excitement and self-satisfaction

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

-----------------

This test made me sound like an ENFP. :laugh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because I'm compulsive, I just made a list of all the possible value categories....did you know you are the only person on the thread for whom Peace made the cut? I wonder if there are any other categories out there that none of us happened upon....

:holy: That's really interesting! I appreciate your compulsiveness!:) (perhaps I can use this towards my custom user title..... ;-)

I wouldn't be surprised then if there are other categories out there that mbti members haven't happened upon.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
1.Family
2.Compassion/service
3.Justice

Seems rather ISTJish.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
1. Justice
2. Independence
3. Adventure

Interesting test...

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Well, hmm. Interesting and interesting combos!

1. Compassion/Service

2. Justice

3. Spirituality

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not taking anymore tests where I have to give my email addy... too much spam I've found. Looks like fun tho.:(

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The test actually sucks and was painful to finish.

The results are nice though!

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
I've got:

1. Family
2. Peace
3. Adventure

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not taking anymore tests where I have to give my email addy... too much spam I've found. Looks like fun tho.:(

Yeah, it's rarely a good idea to use your personal or work email address for online registrations etc. But I always use a yahoo email address for anything I know is likely to be spamarama (and that's all I use that particular email address for).

Anyways, my results:

Wisdom

People who value this are likely to have clear insight into themselves and human experience to make optimal decisions. Having this value can be challenging because you may not be practical and focused on what needs to be done in the present moment or become condescending towards those you think are not well knowledgeable

Independence

People who value this are likely to innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries. Having this value can be challenging because you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Peace

People who value this are likely to have a sense of tranquility and centeredness and seek harmony among people and communities. Having this value can be challenging because you may isolate yourself from the world.

It was funny doing the test because I could see that most of my answers were very self-centred, so it was nice to have the results put a positive spin on that. I guess the conclusion is that I'm aware that I don't reach out and help others much, but part of me thinks that I should do that more. 'should' = bleah

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ
I found that in many cases one answer of the pair was a subset of the other. For example: "being a good son" might be part of "doing what I think is right," but doing what I think is right encompasses more than just being a good son. There were many, many other examples like this.

My top three were:
Independence: no surprise there
Integrity: no suprise there
I took this the other day, and these were the top two, but in reverse order.
Adventure: This one surprised me. I'm certainly not risk-averse, and I certainly enjoy trying new things (well, new food, beverage, and travel destinations), but I wouldn't call myself an adventurer.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Not much of a suprise, although I don't think adventure is quite that high.

1. Justice
2. Independence
3. Adventure.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Integrity
People who value this are likely to: act in accordance with a well developed set of values

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose something you value like popularity, friends, or a job.

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dr. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Henry David Thoreau,

One benefit of this value is... you may be a powerful role model

"This above all; to thine own self be true." William Shakespeare

Justice

Having this value can be challenging because: you may become angry with all the injustice you see and learn about

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Jane Adams, Dredd Scott, Voltaire

One benefit of this value is... you may experience he personal satisfaction of making the world a better place

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." Clarence Darrow:

Independence
People who value this are likely to: innovate, solve problems, stretch the boundaries

Having this value can be challenging because: you may keep yourself from forming close relationships that would be rewarding

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are John Muir, Emily Dickinson, Henry David Thoreau

One benefit of this value is... you may be strong and resilient

"True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
You guys like going to new places and stuff.. come on! You are all daredevils! :p

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
1. Compassion/Service

People who value this are likely to: feel other's suffering and give oneself and one's resources to others

Having this value can be challenging because: you may find it difficult to find solace in your own life

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Florence Nightengale, Mother Theresa, Bob Hope

One benefit of this value is... you may feel fulfilled

Although the world is very full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. - Helen Keller

2. Family

People who value this are likely to: provide and care for members of one's family

Having this value can be challenging because: you may not have enough time for yourself

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Theodore Roosevelt, Robert Kennedy, Marian Wright Edelman

One benefit of this value is... you may have more happiness in your life

The family is one of nature's masterpieces. - George Santayana

3. Justice

You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free. - Clarence Darrow

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
  1. Nature/Beauty

People who value this are likely to: to appreciate the aesthetic qualities in all its forms

Having this value can be challenging because: you may put overvalue external beauty

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Georgia O'Keeffe, Andy Goldsworthy, classical Greek sculptors

One benefit of this value is... you may experience joy and inspiration

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.The winds will blow their own freshness into you... while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir"

2. Peace

People who value this are likely to: to have a sense of tranquility and centeredness and seek harmony among people and communities

Having this value can be challenging because: you may isolate yourself from the world

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Alva Myrdal, Jimmy Carter, Thicht Naht Hahn

One benefit of this value is... you may feel an inner peace yourself

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace." Albert Schweitzer

3. Spirituality

People who value this are likely to: experience the presence of something that transcends oneself

Having this value can be challenging because: you may lose touch with the here and now

Famous people who seem to exhibit this value are Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, Swami Vivekananda

One benefit of this value is... you may feel fulfilled

"Everyone has a purpose in life---a unique gift or special talent to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals." Deepak Chopra

cheers,
Ian

AliciaS2R

MBTI Type
IxTJ
1. Justice
2. Wisdom
3. Family

No real big surprises for me.