• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Him? Why Her? (Helen Fisher Test)

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Explorer/Negotiator. The description is actually really spot on for me, and I'm definitely drawn to Explorer/directors. I expected Negotiator/explorer, but upon reading that description I found my original results were far more accurate. I may read the book.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
De_Header.gif

You seek challenges. You are a tough-minded, independent thinker who likes to explore ideas or problems thoroughly. You focus easily. And you are systematic and exacting in pursuing your interests and goals. You are also assertive. You have a lot of energy. You think quickly, make decisions faster than most, and take an analytical approach to people, issues and ideas.

You are not conventional in your attitudes or values. Autonomy is essential to you. You do not follow the rules unless the rules are logical and useful. Nor do you unreservedly respect authority. Instead, you tend to be skeptical, irreverent and pragmatic. And you are comfortable working or pursuing your hobbies alone.

Yet you have a wild side. You are daring; you like novel ideas and new adventures. You are not interested in maintaining routine social engagements either, and you can't tolerate "small talk." Instead, you make a few very close friends, particularly with individuals who share your interests.

D_Primarytraits.gif

*Decisive
*Focused
*Analytical
*Logical
*Competitive
*Self disciplined
*Independent

E_Secondarytraits.gif

*Novelty seeking
*Impulsive and spontaneous
*Curious
*Creative
*Flexible
*Open-minded
*Energetic

D_LoveAndRel.gif

As a Director you seek someone who is self-sufficient and enjoys time alone. You also like a partner who is imaginative and intuitive and not competitive with you. And because you can be oblivious to rules and schedules, your partner must be flexible. For you, sex is woven with subtleties and symbolism and you like a mate who finds intimacy in this unspoken psychological journey. To balance your direct style and tendency to make up your mind quickly, you gravitate to a mate with good social skills--someone who weighs alternatives carefully, listens actively and handles conflict with nuanced grace. And because you tend to hide your emotions, you often seek someone who is emotionally expressive. You also like someone who is spontaneous, even mischievous, as well as a mate who can appreciate your rugged individualism and support of your drive to succeed.

D_ReltoOthers.gif

You are direct and informed; and you gravitate to men and women who are intellectually exciting and like to discuss topics broadly and thoroughly. Because you are curious, creative, ambitious, hard working and unconventional in your attitudes and values, your friends admire you. In return you are fiercely loyal to those you love.

D_ThingsAware.gif

*You are susceptible to intense anger when you feel hurt, disappointed or frustrated.
*Your ambition can lead to workaholism.
*You can lack self-reflection.

D_Spark.gif

You tend to naturally gravitate to NEGOTIATOR/explorers.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Director/explorer.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Director/builder.

You are an independent thinker who builds theories and approaches problems with an analytical, exacting, systematic and resourceful mind. And with your persistence, logic and determination, you tend to find innovative solutions to complex problems. You are particularly good with technical problems, those of mechanics, engineering, math, medicine, accounting, music or other "rule based" systems.

Although you enjoy being part of a stable, secure social network, you easily spend time alone, pursuing your own projects and goals at your own speed, according to your own rules. You can focus your attention to the exclusion of all around you. And you have a deep sense of autonomy.

You are a private person; you contain your emotions. You are also calm, efficient, quick to make decisions and remarkably self-disciplined. Yet you have a traditional, even sentimental streak. Family is important to you and you can be very protective of those you love.

As a Director you admire and collect knowledge; so you want a partner with whom you can have focused, educated, and often theoretical discussions on intellectual topics-a mind mate. You are direct and tough-minded, too. So you are attracted to someone who can complement you-someone who is verbally graceful, who weighs alternatives carefully and listens actively, and has well-honed social skills.

Because you contain your emotions, you also gravitate to a mate who is warm and emotionally expressive. Yet you do not like people who engage in public displays of emotion, showing lack of self-containment. Because you have difficulty tolerating controlling people, you need a mate who is flexible, even indecisive. You particularly admire a partner who is self-sufficient. And you like a mate who is eager to help you make a stable home and maintain your public, business, and social ties. Because you are ambitious, tough-minded and hardworking, your close friends admire you. In return, you can be fiercely loyal and protective of all those you love. Yet your complex personality is often hidden behind a wall of composure and logic.

You are susceptible to intense anger when you feel hurt, disappointed or frustrated.
Your ambition can lead to workaholism.
You can become impatient with people and situations that appear simple-minded or circuitous.

Homura

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You see the big picture. You easily take the broad, long view of almost any topic. You are comfortable juggling myriad facts. You tend to synthesize material easily and think in webs of factors, not straight lines. You are imaginative and enjoy ideas.

You are also socially savvy. You are good at both talking and listening. And you generally read people's faces, body postures and tone of voice accurately, so you often intuitively understand what people want and need

You are also highly compassionate. You care deeply about others. So you are inclined to make personal sacrifices to be a supportive friend and colleague. And you are idealistic and altruistic; you like to work to improve the world.

And you have an adventurous side; you enjoy new ideas and novel experiences and you want to share these with an enthusiastic partner. But you are particularly fond of people who are direct, decisive, focused and tough-minded, people who complement your more flexible, agreeable and affable style.
relating to others

As a Negotiator, you seek a spiritual, life long connection to a "true love". But you don’t want someone who is emotionally dependent. You admire people who need a good deal of autonomy. Marriage is important to you; but the social pledge of matrimony is far less sacred than the personal commitment you privately make to your beloved. You strive for harmony in your primary relationship. So you express your love regularly - with hugs, thoughtful presents, romantic weekends or by creating other special times together.

And you want a mate who is daring, playful and adventurous, yet one who will balance you - someone who is calm, decisive, strong-willed, focused and supportive of your enthusiastic, caring and imaginative spirit.
love and relationships

You dislike conflict. You seek "win-win" solutions. You are good at sharing power and ideas. And you are a master at the art of intimacy - building deep and exciting relationships with others. Nevertheless, you often enjoy solitude or intense interactions with just one individual or a few close friends. And you particularly enjoy people who like to play with abstract theories and ideas, provide insights, search for symbolic meanings in life and relationships and have a broad interest in the world.

with negotiator as your primary type, you can be:
• Good at seeing the big picture
• Empathetic
• Imaginative
• Trusting
• Intuitive
• Introspective
• Skilled verbally

with explorer as your secondary type, you can be:
• Novelty Seeking
• Flexible
• Impulsive and spontaneous
• Open-Minded
• Curious
• Energetic
• Creative
Things negotiators need to be aware of:
Because you can see so many angles to an issue or decision, you can be indecisive.
Your need to please can make you placating and your trusting nature can make you gullible.
When you feel betrayed you can be unforgiving and hold a grudge too long.

I wonder...sounds like a specific type to you?
I'm really willing to know!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got Negotiator/Director.

Yet despite your poise in social situations, you often prefer solitude or informed and detailed conversations with just one individual or a few close friends. You try to avoid routine meetings and social engagements. You prize your independence.
You like to focus deeply and thoroughly on your interests. You can be exacting, tough-minded, analytical and strategic in your approach, too. You leave no stone unturned.
yeah.

You have fine tuned social skills, easily picking up the gestures, facial expressions and speech patterns of others. With practice xD.

You want to bond in a spiritual sense, communicate your innermost feelings and sustain an intense and meaningful relationship. Yeah :).

You can be irreverent about traditional marriage, however. You feel your personal commitment is the true marriage vow. In fact, you may be inclined to write your own vows and create a non-traditional wedding ceremony (be the type who'd want it very simple so we could focus on each other/meaning and not all the drama. Low stress kind of deal). You unconsciously gravitate to those who are imaginative and playful with ideas. You also like those with an unruffled calm and decisiveness, those who are ambitious, and those who can focus on their goals-individuals who complement your restless soul-searching. :O...

"•You wrestle with the contradictory feelings of being too eager to please and being tough minded. Don't worry too much." Especially this one.
Very nice test Jennifer :D.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't see your result. *squints* ;)

Sorry! The forum font size only goes to "7" - I would prefer to use size "11." :dry:
:laugh:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Director/Negotiator

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was fairly sure I'd get explorer/ negotiator, but I somehow got negotiator/ director.

S

Society

i seem to be somewhere between explorer/negotiator director/nagotiator depending on some questions i am very partial towards and i can shift on depending on context...

both of the descriptions contain a crapload of stuff which doesnt' fit me at all, particularly in what i am attracted too and in how i am in relationships. and i'm not even talking about the bad stuff, there's a lot of positive traits that certainly don't apply to me. "not posessive"? try telling that to my exwife.

*looks ahead at mount olympus where the TED deities sit*
FISHER, YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME YOU CHARMING WENCH​

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Director/Negotiator

Wow, I can't believe I took this 2 yrs ago...
I guess I didn't know myself so well back then. All the stuff I scored out is actually quite true of me.
I still think it's a shit book and an overly simplistic idea though.