• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love Languages Test

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
9 acts of service
8 quality time
7 words of affirmation
5 physical touch
1 receiving gifts

interesting.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
? I know no love, but I'm experienced with feeling epic amounts of hatred.

Maxwell22290

MBTI Type
ISFP
11 Quality Time
8 Physical Touch
7 Words of Affirmation
2 Acts of Service
2 Gifts

I already knew the order. Now that I think about it, if you compare it to my type it makes perfect sense.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Quality time - 10
Physical touch - 9
Words of affirmation - 8
Acts of service - 3
Receiving gifts - 0

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Words of Affirmation 7
Quality Time 11
Receiving Gifts 6
Acts of Service 1
Physical Touch 5

Ok, well I've taken this test many times before this. XD So, I know how it fits into my life.
-Quality time is very, very important to me. I NEED undivided, personal attention, or I'm hurt. This includes active listening and good eye contact.
-If I don't get to spend much time with you, then words become very important. I compliment most people I see, so I don't know if it has to do with love. I LOVE being complimented in return, however. A compliment can keep me going for a long time.
-I've always given my friends random gifts and such, and I like getting random and meaningful gifts as well. Gifts that show how well someone knows me are my favorite.
-Physical touch I used to HATE, but my last boyfriend made me super cuddly. I love physical touch as a love language if I /want/ to hug you [as in, I don't hug random people]. I also don't want it to be the /only/ thing- I'd rather have quality time.
-Acts of service: I don't know, I feel like people do things because they feel obligated. I take acts of service for granted.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Words of Affirmation 3
Quality Time 8
Receiving Gifts 2
Acts of Service 7
Physical Touch 10

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Words of Affirmation 4
Quality Time 11
Receiving Gifts 2
Acts of Service 3
Physical Touch 10

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Quality Time - 10
Acts of Service - 3
Physical Touch - 10
Receiving Gifts - 2
Words of Affirmation - 5

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
33% Quality Time 10
30% Words of Affirmation 9
20% Physical Touch 6
10% Acts of Service 3
7% Receiving Gifts 2

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
30% Words of Affirmation 9
27% Quality Time 8
7% Receiving Gifts 2
17% Acts of Service 5
20% Physical Touch 6

JuneBugGemini

MBTI Type
ENFP
Test Results:

Percent Language Score
30%
Words of Affirmation 9
30%
Quality Time 9
3%
Receiving Gifts 1
7%
Acts of Service 2
30%
Physical Touch 9

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Physical Touch 10
Quality Time 9
Words of Affirmation 4
Acts of Service 4
Receiving Gifts 3

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Quality Time 11

Words of Affirmation 9

Physical Touch 7

Receiving Gifts 2

Acts of Service 1

Hmmmm....Another time I took this, Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch were most important.

I wonder if it fluxuates a little, depending on what needs are being met or not being met at the time you take the test?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know...I just feel like someone who doesn't really love you can use words of affirmation and physical touch to create the illusion they love you, but if they really love you, it comes in more through service and quality time. Love is action. Does anybody understand this?

I can see how quality time, words of affirmation, and physical touch can be empty.

But so can gift-giving and acts of service.

I agree that "Love is action", but all of these are actions aren't they?

Speaking words of affirmation, Spending quality time together, Touching----these are all clearly verbs, my man! ---Action words! ;)

Different people will value different actions more than others.

It just comes down to which ones mean more to you personally.

In fact, in a long-term, committed relationship, it's very important not to assume that your partner cherishes exactly the same things you do.

Sometimes couples do speak the same "Love Language", and so they have very little difficulty meeting each other's needs.

But if you know what your partner's "Love Language" is --- even if it's very different from yours -- you will know what is most meaningful to your partner, and will , therefore, be better able to meet their needs.

You will also be able to understand them, rather than feel bad about it, when they fail to meet your needs.

Let me give you a practical example:

Let's say you personally value Gifts and Acts of service more than the other options.

Can you imagine if you lavished Gifts and Acts of service on your partner for years, only to find out that those things meant less to her than Physical touch, Words of Affirmation and Quality time?

Now if she knew that you valued Gifts and Acts of service more than the other things, she could say to herself, "Well, I know that his intentions were good, because he thought I valued the same things he did."

But if you had known what she valued most, you would have been able to give her what she actually wanted.

So, you see---Love is action---but the idea is to know which action is going to please your partner the most. :)

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
my results might change once i have actually had a girlfriend but so far:

Words of Affirmation 5
Quality Time 9
Receiving Gifts 0
Acts of Service 4
Physical Touch 12

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My results:

Percent Language Score
17% Words of Affirmation 5
30% Quality Time 9
0% Receiving Gifts
20% Acts of Service 6
33% Physical Touch 10

Physical touch as a top result seems to be an NFP thing?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Quality time- 4
Words of affirmation- 6
Acts of service- 6
Physical touch- 11
Receiving gifts- 3

Wow, I didn't actually realise until taking this test and being forced to make a choice between 2, how much I rely on physical touch over everything to affirm love for me. It's true, it was non existant in my marriage, and yet very present at the start and was literally was cinched the deal in the beginning. :yes:

I just didn't actually realise until just now that I needed it. :blush:

Look at my results, girl. We can solve this. ;)

30% - Words of Affirmation - 9
13% - Quality Time - 4
13% - Receiving Gifts - 4
7% - Acts of Service - 2
37% - Physical Touch - 11

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
40% - Physical Touch - 12
27% - Words of Affirmation - 8
20% - Quality Time - 6
13% - Acts of Service - 4
0% - Receiving Gifts

Can others detect a language within your love language. Its not just being capable of someone meeting the idea of your love language but to actually speak through it.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Test Results:

Words of Affirmation 4
Quality Time 7
Receiving Gifts 0
Acts of Service 10
Physical Touch 9

How to Interpret Your Profile Score

Your highest score indicates your primary love language. Your second highest score indicates your secondary love language. If two scores are identical, you are bi-lingual(you have two Primary love languages). If the scores of your primary language and your secondary language are close(for example, 10 and 9 respectively), it indicates both are important to you. The highest possible score for any one love language is 12.

Having a clear picture of your primary and secondary love languages will explain much of your past behavior. Think back over the past and ask yourself, "What have I most often requested of my spouse?" Chances are your answer will lie within the scope of your primary and secondary love languages. You have been requesting that which would meet your deepest need for emotional love. Your requests, however, might have come across as nagging or criticizing and thus drove your spouse away.