• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love Languages Test

lane777

nevermore
MBTI & The 5 Love Languages

Just wondering how MBTI correlates with the 5 Love Languages.

the test

My results:

12 Quality Time
8 Acts of Service
6 Words of Affirmation
4 Physical Touch
0 Receiving Gifts

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My results:

12 Quality Time
10 Acts of Service
3 Receiving Gifts
3 Words of Affirmation
2 Physical Touch

One of the things that I hold strong to is "Love Is Action".
I think anyone can say you love another because it's easy, and anyone can have a sexual or physical relationship to stimulate sexual desire alone, but true love, something I am constantly searching for, can only be found through action, something that tests your love- do you really have love in you heart. That explains my scores.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hm. :) I think I made comments about this book last yearish. It's a really good book, and I totally bought into what the author was explaining and saying.

I predicted my results to be Acts of Service as my number one, but here's the actual test results anyways.

Words of Affirmation 6 20%
Quality Time 5 18%
Receiving Gifts 6 20%
Acts of Service 13 42%
Physical Touch 0%

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Quality Time - 9
Acts of Service - 9
Physical Touch - 4
Receiving Gifts - 4
Words of Affirmation - 4

I do not trust this test. It seems flimsy and leading.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've read this book. it was pretty good. i do think it's important that the person you're with speaks the same sort of language otherwise you just can't feel it.

Scarfism

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w9
Mine are:

Words of Affirmation - 4
Quality Time - 12
Receiving Gifts - 4
Acts of Service - 6
Physical Touch - 4

G

Glycerine

Quality time- 12
Words of affirmation-8
Acts of service- 6
Physical touch-4
Receiving gifts-0

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Words of Affirmation 3
Quality Time 10
Receiving Gifts 1
Acts of Service 9
Physical Touch 7

makes sense

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quality time- 10
Words of affirmation- 9
Physical touch- 7
Acts of service- 2
Receiving gifts- 2

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Words of Affirmation 3
Quality Time 8
Receiving Gifts 2
Acts of Service 6
Physical Touch 11

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
The problem with this test -- the principle behind it seems fine -- is that it presents choices that aren't really contrasts. Often it's not so much about preference as the lesser of evils. The only reason physical touch and acts of service are so high is that I had to pick something, and gifts actively annoy me.

33% Quality Time - 10
27% Words of Affirmation - 8
27% Physical Touch - 8
13% Acts of Service - 4
0% Receiving Gifts - 0

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
30% Words of Affirmation 9
27% Quality Time 8
3% Receiving Gifts 1
10% Acts of Service 3
30% Physical Touch 9

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Quality time- 4
Words of affirmation- 6
Acts of service- 6
Physical touch- 11
Receiving gifts- 3

Wow, I didn't actually realise until taking this test and being forced to make a choice between 2, how much I rely on physical touch over everything to affirm love for me. It's true, it was non existant in my marriage, and yet very present at the start and was literally was cinched the deal in the beginning. :yes:

I just didn't actually realise until just now that I needed it. :blush:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quality time- 4
Words of affirmation- 6
Acts of service- 6
Physical touch- 11
Receiving gifts- 3

Wow, I didn't actually realise until taking this test and being forced to make a choice between 2, how much I rely on physical touch over everything to affirm love for me. It's true, it was non existant in my marriage, and yet very present at the start and was literally was cinched the deal in the beginning. :yes:

I just didn't actually realise until just now that I needed it. :blush:

It's not that unusual. :hug: I need it too.

deleted
Took this test some time ago:

Quality time

2nd place can be any of the others. I really don't have a huge preference on any of these. Words of Affirmation will likely be the least resemblance of love to me, probably because I'm an INTJ.

Lightyear

11 Quality Time
7 Acts of Service
7 Physical Touch
4 Words of Affirmation
1 Receiving Gifts

That's very true. I don't really care about gifts at all while Words of Affirmation are only acceptable if I feel they are sincere.

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
Quality time: 10
Acts of service: 8
Physical touch: 7
Words of affirmation: 4
Receiving gifts: 1

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Words of Affirmation 8
Quality Time 10
Receiving Gifts 2
Acts of Service 4
Physical Touch 6

Gifts and Acts of Service are only non-zero because of this:

The problem with this test -- the principle behind it seems fine -- is that it presents choices that aren't really contrasts. Often it's not so much about preference as the lesser of evils. The only reason physical touch and acts of service are so high is that I had to pick something, and gifts actively annoy me.

It's also funny, nobody has a high gifts score so far. Gifts as an expression of love just feels wrong to me, very shallow and irrelevant. That said, growing up, the *only* way that 'love' was expressed was via birthday and Christmas gifts, so gifts on those days still matter to me (never managed to undo that pattern). Gifts at other times generally annoy or baffle me. I remember my ex would occasionally buy me gifts when we first started going out and I'd just look at him blankly.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If both options to one question is of value to me, should I pick the one I prefer the most?

Sillyness. :p

Anyhow

Words of Affirmation 3
Quality Time 10
Receiving Gifts 1
Acts of Service 7
Physical Touch 9

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Ideally I think each question would deal with a single variable, and offer some gray range of response. This is going to be lousy off the top of my head, but something along the lines of:

1) You spend all day baking a cake for your loved one. When he or she returns, he or she seems to enjoy your work but never bothers to thank you or comment on the cake itself. How do you feel about this?

A (unconcerned)
B (somewhat bothered)
C (distinctly bothered)

Extra bonus: this muddies the waters by describing an act of service and gift-giving on your end, yet it's actually about words of affirmation. Still transparent if you know what to look for, but as an approach I think it has its benefits.