• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love Languages Test

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
5 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service (should also be zero)
11 Physical Touch

Pretty accurate, except that I don't like acts of service at all. It's just that several questions were to pick an act of service or a gift, and I strongly, strongly dislike gifts. Like, I get a feeling of dread whenever I receive one, or am expected to give one (that it won't be liked). I don't mind doings things for people (as long as it's not a case of guilt being used to convince me to do it), but don't like it when people do things for me. Frankly, I'd be happier if nobody ever wanted to help me do something or give me anything. Except a hug. Hugs rock. Let's go do something fun together, or have a good long conversation.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
3 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
3 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch

Oops, double post...

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 Words of Affirmation
11 Quality Time
8 Receiving Gifts
2 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

Apparently I am the only one so far that likes giving/receiving gifts.
Exchanging gifts is in my top two, very close to quality time. :) It's accurate.

á´…eparted

passages
Apparently I am the only one so far that likes giving/receiving gifts.

By and large, I hate receiving gifts. I quite dislike christmas because of this. When I was home for the holidays this year I was stomping around my moms apartment all pissed off about the whole ordeal again, proclaiming that I am not participating in the holiday next year, and will be staying in Oregon by myself instead. Receiving gifts, while nice, usually just makes me uncomfortable. If it's unexpected I am usually really really discomforted by it. I sent an angry email to my mother complaining that my grandmother kept doing it and I just wanted her to stop. It makes me feel this unbearable feeling of unspoken obligation to reciprocate the action, and I can never figure out what is adequet and I can't match it right. It also forces me to have to deal with it then, I can't do it on my own terms when it feels right. Further, if the gift isn't something I actually asked for or wanted, 75% of the time it doesn't effect me. I'm just like "oh, it's a thing. cool?". The thing is though, I know this is rude and I never utter a word about it unless I am in a bad mindset (I was when I sent the email, that luckily more or less went over well). Even with people I am close with I don't like it.

So yeah I kinda hate christmas. Sorry for the minor derailment :whistling:.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla74's Love Language Scores

10 = Physical Touch
7 = Words of Affirmation
8 = Quality Time
1 = Receiving Gifts
4 = Acts of Service

Physical Touch

This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face – they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Physical touch fosters a sense of security and belonging in any relationship.

No surprises for me here; a neat test.

:solidarity:

-Halla74

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Scores
3 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
2 Receiving Gifts
7 Acts of Service
9 Physical Touch

So, essentially a three-way tie between physical touch, acts of service, and quality time.

This is why I have a hard time with this system. :doh:

Lightyear

4 Words of Affirmation
12 Quality Time
4 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

No surprise here.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your Scores

7Words of Affirmation
8Quality Time
2Receiving Gifts
2Acts of Service
11Physical Touch

:thinking: Interesting....I used to be a lot higher on words of affirmation. Guess I'm adjusting to my So's preferences of showing affection, as well as the fact that we actually can spend more time together now. I also am less insecure than I used to be so words of affirmation are less of a need and more of a nice bonus, maybe..

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
  • 7 Words of Affirmation
  • 7 Quality Time
  • 2 Receiving Gifts
  • 5 Acts of Service
  • 9 Physical Touch

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quality Time: 11
Acts of Service: 8
Physical Touch: 7
Receiving Gifts: 3
Words of Affirmation: 1

This is me to a T

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to wonder, if this is a test to see how you would like to be loved, is there perhaps another test that would reveal the type of love you would give? I'm not sure if it is the same as what I would want to receive.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have to wonder, if this is a test to see how you would like to be loved, is there perhaps another test that would reveal the type of love you would give? I'm not sure if it is the same as what I would want to receive.
Well the idea is that if/when you and a potential partner take this, you can adapt the type of love you give to suit each other's needs.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
6 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
6 Receiving Gifts
4 Acts of Service
4 Physical Touch

Yep.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well the idea is that if/when you and a potential partner take this, you can adapt the type of love you give to suit each other's needs.

But what if I can only give a certain type?

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5 - Words of Affirmation
12 - Quality Time
0 - Receiving Gifts
5 - Acts of Service
8 - Physical Touch

L

LadyLazarus

12-Quality Time
7-Words of Affirmation
5-Physical Touch
5-Acts of Service
1-Receiving Gifts

EricF

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5W6
9 - Quality Time
7 - Acts of Service
7 - Physical Touch
4 - Receiving Gifts
3 - Words of Affirmation

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing of surprise to me. Though I am weird with physical contact. I both love it (need it) and hate it at the same time. If someone does it to me and I am not expecting it I completely freeze.

Same here.