• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love Languages Test

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Test Results:
Percent Language Score
17% Words of Affirmation
30% Quality Time
7% Receiving Gifts
23% Acts of Service
23% Physical Touch

I scored pretty low for "receiving gifts" but I wouldn't turn down a box of chocolates, if offered!:blush:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if some personality types are more prone to certain love languages than others. I didn't take the above test (I own the book) but I know my order is:

Acts of service :heart:
Quality Time
Gifts
Words of affirmation
Physical Touch

Exact same order for me. I've taken the test and read the descriptions, and this order makes the most sense.

They're all good though.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Words of Affirmation, 10, 33%
Quality Time, 10, 33%
Acts of Service, 5, 17%
Receiving Gifts, 4, 13%
Physical Touch, 1, 3%

tastes_like_purple

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
20% Words of Affirmation
27% Quality Time
7% Receiving Gifts
23% Acts of Service
23% Physical Touch

MindBlow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Quality Time 37 % - 11
Words of Affirmation 27 % - 8
Physical Touch 20 % - 6
Acts of Service 10 % - 3
Receiving Gifts 7 % - 2

Kanamori

33% - Quality Time
30% - Physical Touch
17% - Words of Affirmation
17% - Acts of Service
3% - Gift Giving

Last edited:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
37% Quality Time
30% Physical Touch
20% Acts of Service
10% Words of Affirmation
3% Receiving Gifts

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
40 quality time
27 physical touch
17 words of affirmation
14 acts of service
04 receiving gifts

i just like to be around my partner :shrug: i guess for some people that would be annoying but to me it's pleasing. unquestionably we need a good amount of alone time too but i love having someone i'm comfortable doing anything with.

as for gifts... gifts are fun. i love surprises. and i loooove plane tickets. but gifts are less important to me than these other things when in a relationship, because really, i can buy myself whatever i want. the rest of the options can't come from a paycheck.

well, okay. maybe physical touch can. :devil:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From what I remember, the language of receiving gifts doesn't necessarily mean that you only feel loved when people buy you things. It has to do with feeling appreciated when someone gives you something physical because you can remember them by that item. It's like they were thinking of you when they retrieved that gift for you. It could be a little flower that someone picks from a garden, or someone could make that person a card and they will feel appreciated. It doesn't have anything to do with being greedy or wanting more and more STUFF. It's about knowing that someone was thinking about them.

I just wanted to clear the misconception I feel people may have. Don't be ashamed or feel guilty if that's your language. That's how you feel appreciated!! Own it. ;)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Thanks Stepho, I'll keep that concept in mind next time I need to buy a gift and go for something more sentimental than material.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
My results are based on my theoretical expectations and may not necessarily be accurate.

17% Words of Affirmation (5)
40% Quality Time (12)
3% Receiving Gifts (1)
17% Acts of Service (5)
23% Physical Touch (7)

Well, there you go. I really don't care about the gifts much at all. The only one I agreed to was for gifts they made themself, as opposed to doing something for me.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
20% Words of Affirmation 6
40% Quality Time 12
0% Receiving Gifts 0
20%Acts of Service 6
20% Physical Touch 6

I need quality time most of all, but all the other things, apart from gifts, come in tie. This is very true. I need the whole shebang to feel loved. But in little bites, not in big chunks.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
33% Physical Touch
30% Words of Affirmation
27% Quality Time
7% Acts of Service
3% Receiving Gifts

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
37% Physical Touch 11
33% Words of Affirmation 10
20% Quality Time 6
7% Acts of Service 2
3% Receiving gifts 1

It's pretty accurate. I need my cuddles and my hand to be held. It just sucks that I'm not even ALLOWED to touch anyone that way :steam:

I do find it funny how no one has the language of gift receiving.
Both my dad and my 18 year old sister have that gift. Both are really good at getting gifts for people because that's how they want to be loved , so thats how they show love to others (it just seems obvious to them that others would enjoy gifts like they do).

My OTHER sister has the language of quality time, my mother has quality time, and my brother has acts of service (or as my mother calls it, Acts of slavery)

I often find my self using words of affirmation much more than physical touch because I don't want to intrude on other people's personal space. When someone does hug or, dare I say, cuddle me I feel very warm inside. I love children in this aspect because they are able to cuddle with out any pressure.

While my older sister hasn't taken this test, to my knowlege, I believe she would score very high in gift receiving. She is very good at giving gifts to other people especially her kids.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting!

33% Quality time
23% Physical touch
20% Words of affirmation
17% Acts of service
7% Receiving gifts

Lol although this may be skewed because due to being in a long distance relationship I'm starved for quality time and physical touch! :D

edit: Actually by doing this test it dawned on me that my boyfriend has actually given me numerous small, very meaningful mostly handmade gifts during our time together. And one time on his birthday last year I made him personalized birthday cupcakes and bought him a rather meaningful gift (I also made him a traditional soup that Koreans normally have made for them by their family on their birthday), and he REALLY REALLY appreciated it. He told me he'd never had anyone handmake cake for him before, and it was the best birthday he'd ever had. :D So perhaps he's more of a gift-minded person? I'm getting him to do the test too, so we'll see...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:

Oh wow his results were quite close to mine actually. And I was wrong about his gift giving/receiving. XD

37% Quality time
30% Physical touch
20% Words of affirmation
13% Acts of service
0% Receiving gifts

^ LOL

[ for the record I'm pretty sure he's an INFP, possibly ISFP or INFJ, though he's quite balanced in all areas and rather E like me. it's hard to tell because he's ESL so language is kind of affected by this with our communication. ]

E

Epiphany

37% Physical Touch
30% Words of Affirmation
23% Quality Time
10% Acts of Service
0% Receiving Gifts

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Physical Touch 23%
Quality Time 27%
Acts of Service 23%
Words of Affirmation 23%
gift 3%

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Physical touch 37%
Quality time 27%
Affirmation 26%
Acts of service 7%
Gifts 3%

hearthem

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
4w5
23% Words of Affirmation 7
37% Quality Time 11
7% Receiving Gifts 2
23% Acts of Service 7
10% Physical Touch 3

Old link is broken, here is a new one.

Quality Time - 11
Physical Touch - 8
Acts of Service - 5
Words of Affirmation - 5
Receiving Gifts - 1

I like giving quality time (which is essentially the same thing as receiving; I like the reciprocity of it) and words of affirmation and physical touch.

Also, OMG, this is my 1234th post that counts.