• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a perfectionist?

P

Phantonym

Perfectionism Test

Well, the results are not that detailed (unless you cough up some moolah, as usual), but analyzing the questions should at least give some useful insight.

EDIT: Folks, to save you from "several hours" of seemingly torturous experience, here's the abridged version of the test:

Perfectionism Test - Abridged

Your score = 67

According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. While a desire to do well, to do your best work and to explore your full potential can give you sense of satisfaction and personal fulfillment, you have to learn when it is 'good enough'. It is important to learn how to distinguish between aspirations and unreasonable demands.

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, that took a long time! Good questions though.

Your score = 47

Perfectionism Score 47

What does your score mean?

According to this test, you have a touch of perfectionism. While this can be a healthy dose that keeps you trying your best, be careful that you don't neglect giving yourself a pat on the back for 'giving it your all'. There are certain limitations that need to be accepted, no matter the circumstances. Accomplishment and doing things well can feel good, as long as you don't make happiness and fulfillment contingent upon them.

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

According to this test, you have some perfectionist tendencies that may be making you unnecessarily unhappy. While a desire to do well, to do your best work and to explore your full potential can give you sense of satisfaction and personal fulfillment, you have to learn when it is 'good enough'. It is important to learn how to distinguish between aspirations and unreasonable demands.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

I'm somewhat perfectionist with myself about executing tasks in an excellent way, but I don't give a shit about what other people do and/or don't feel embarassed for social mistakes.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't need to be, I'm already perfect.

*takes test anyway*

PS: Questions suck on this test. :p

If I make a mistake, others will think that I am incapable.
How would I know? Besides, I don't really care. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a likely. And if it's likely, it's mostly true, because you can't find someone someone partially incapable!

I believe that if I do things badly, others will reject me.
Lol, ofcourse. You can't kill someones cat and expect that a simple hug will suffice. Weird question!

My partner is likely to reject me at some point unless I am better (smarter, better looking, etc.) than any other potential mate.
If only there were such males. Completely false!

With most tasks, I feel that there is a "right" way and a "wrong" way to doing them and I am not comfortable with alternative ways of getting them done.
Lol, seriously, if there's a right way, then all other ways are wrong. There can't be just one right way and just one wrong way and a lot of alternative ways that are neither. Question is completely false, therefor the answer is too.

I have been told by people around me that I focus on the problems in life and, even if everything is okay, I will always find something that bothers me.
I deal with my problems myself, I have not been told this by others, yet I know it to be true. What must I answer!

Page two is worse. :( And page three, yikes.. "You are starting to get pretty stressed out." Like that would ever happen. :D And lol, question 30. At least it's proper hypothetical, but isn't allowing all that to happen say something about you in the first place? Besides, I create my own work.

In your house, the tools are kept in one place. LOL. I'm in someone elses house if that was the case.

Oh well... *ploughs through* I'll get to the score eventually.

... several hours later....

42, even though it means absolutely nothing.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
no, not at all !

*rearranges coffee bottles on the desk*

not by a million times !

*rearranges some more*

Perfectionists are Loosers !

*rearranges, rearranges, rearranges, leaves diasappointed to get more coffee*

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Results of Your Perfectionism Test

Your score = 81

According to this test, you are bound by the cuffs of perfectionism. You set impossibly high standards that can never be met; either you impose those expectations on yourself, others, or a combination of the two. You may even believe that others expect you to be perfect. Whatever the case, this tendency is most likely making you suffer needlessly - whether you realize it or not. It's time that you became aware of your perfectionist side and work on toning it down. While a desire to succeed and strive to reach your full potential can bring you personal fulfillment, you also have to learn when good is 'good enough'. It's important that you develop the ability to distinguish between reasonable aspirations or goals and unreasonable demands. When you set unattainable objectives, you are being cruel to yourself and denying yourself the rewards and self-acceptance that you deserve.

I would ask you this:
Does perfectionism relate directly with J?
More J you are more perfectionist you are? Or not?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't need a test to tell me that I am an under-achieving perfectionist, this comes with being an idealist, methinks. the perfectionist part, not the under-achieving part, that has a whole lot to do with my P-ness. :D

(That, and I'm a lazy asshole :p)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

According to this test, you have a touch of perfectionism.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
62. But what do you expect, I work for lawyers. One of whom said to me in total seriousness, "There is no B. There is only A." So it's a wonder it's not higher.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not a perfectionist, don't need even a test to realize that. ;)