• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Temperament by Inclusion, Control and Affection

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To me, Si means taking in information from around you and filtering it through yourself to give it subjective meaning. I say I feel "attached" to it because I had felt like I had a fairly good grasp on it. I made a thread once about Si and how I relate to it/understand it.
I'll have to read that more, but for now, that might be a good definition of Si, but the “filtering within” can also be from the dominant introverted perspective. So you're still taking in the sensory data from the environment, but the actual awareness would still be coming from outside rather than an internal storehouse of factual data, and the internal filter would be a storehouse of what's assessed as good or bad. You mention “give it subjective meaning”, and that sounds like it can be Fi. SiFe would draw from the internal storehouse the factual data pertaining to what the environment deems good or bad (giving it objective meaning).

So...
Inclusion: Melancholy Phlegmatic
Control: Melancholy Phlegmatic
Affection: Melancholy

Not really sure what this means tbqh. Except that I'm likely Melancholy overall?
This is where this correlation has had the most trouble. As I've said, INTP's usually end up coming out as Melancholy and Phlegmatic, even though I believe the Keirsey temperament correspond to Choleric. The introversion restrains the characteristic aggressiveness of the Choleric, and the NP further softens it.
Interesting, I think I am:

Inclusion: Supine Compulsive
Affection: Supine Phlegmatic
Control: Supine Phlegmatic
INFP full Supine; perfect match!

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
Inclusion: Phlegmatic Choleric

Control: Between Sanguine and Phlegmatic-Sanguine

Affection: Between Phlegmatic-Sanguine and Phlegmatic-Supine.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ever think you might be ISTP?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP would be a Melancholy-Sanguine (IST-Melancholy; SP-Sanguine. PhlegmaticCholeric borders on Melancholy, so that could still be a fit). It fits common profiles of the MelSan as being very artistic.

In this view, SP is Sanguine in Control. Would figure, because the Sanguine in Control, marked by what those reports call a "dependent/independent" swing, would be connected to Se, which specializes in reacting to whatever is before you in the concrete environment. So the person will aggressively ("pragmatic"-ly) jump on physical opportunities, but then also quickly drop it, when the environment changes.
NT is also "pragmatic", but tends to stick to it longer, because it's all about the "idea" (N), along with the Thinking. This would fit Choleric, that doesn't want to give up on anything.

Again, for most INTP's, this gets toned down in their self-identification (when selecting directly from these profiles) to Melancholy (which shares the same "critical" nature with the Choleric).
Sanguine is unusual for NT's to identify with, though again, does share in the pragmatism.

"Not getting out enough" isn't a good type indicator. While you may think SP's would always get out, for what ever reason, they might not, but the SP part of it simply means that their primary means of taking in information is what's tangible in the environment. You don't have to be outdoors to do this, though it may often lead one outdoors, which of course is a bigger "environment" to explore. Again, anything can change that.
But the type is also part Melancholy, which is often (notoriously) drawn to withdraw and be homebodies. Being diametrically opposite temperaments, there's probably a tug of war as to withdrawing and getting out.

Last edited:

Serendippopotamus

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Me (haven't read every single description but I triangulated down to these):

Sanguine in Affection
Phlegmatic-Sanguine in Control
Somewhere between Choleric-Phlegmatic and Sanguine-Phlegmatic in Inclusion.

Does that make me mostly phlegmatic or mostly sanguine? I usually get sanguine in tests and am a high I in DISC.

Last edited:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=32369]Serendippopotamus[/MENTION] No, not "mostly Phlegmatic", as the "Phlegmatic" in those instances simply indicates a moderation of the Sanguine (or Choleric). Phlegmatic Sanguine in Control won't be quite as quick to action as a regular Sanguine. Sanguine-Phlegmatic in Inclusion is a bit less responsive to people than a regular Sanguine (i.e. you don't "need" them quite as much, but you're still just as expressive toward them), and Choleric-Phlegmatic will be a bit more responsive than a Choleric. In fact, both of those variations are right next to each other as being inbetween Sanguine and Choleric.
So if you identify being inbetween those two, then you obviously have what would be called a moderate "wanted Inclusion". While that system has a moderated scales, type of course is either/or. So if you're ESFP and not ESTP (and DISC "I" rather than DISC "D"), then you're most likely on the Sanguine (ESF) side.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi all!
A surprise bit of news, asthe APS has actually gained a bit of exposure, as Kelly Johnson, who is married to House Speaker Mike Johnson uses the system! (The media may be putting this out there to mock her).