• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type of Intellectual are You?

S

Sniffles

HelloQuizzy.com: The "What Type of Intellectual are You?" Test

My results:
Public Intellectual
You scored 40% empirical, 60% public, and 61% teaching-oriented

Noble, confident, successful! You are The Public Intellectual!

You have the enviable traits of the public intellectual. Unlike many great men and women, you are likely to be widely recognized for your contributions to popular discourse. People might admiringly drop your name in blogs on the internet or invite you to fancy cocktail parties.

However, you may find yourself fighting to maintain the integrity of your ideas. You're very likely to be mischaracterized, politicized, or satirized by scholars and laymen alike. And you may be tempted to stick to your guns, merely out of stubbornness. But when push comes to shove, you're exactly whom thousands of liberal arts major will strive to be some day.

Very much so. Especially considering that public intellectuals are supposed to be interested in addressing issues effecting society at large in greater depth and thus help inform public discourse. And of course I enjoy connecting with people in intellectual discussion, as my one blog helped show.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Lecturer

You scored 54% empirical, 7% public, and 52% teaching-oriented

The Lecturer
You are The Lecturer!

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!

P

Phantonym

The Bibliophile

You scored 40% empirical, 17% public, and 26% teaching-oriented

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

heart

heart on fire
Not exactly a big surprise...

Your result for The "What Type of Intellectual are You?" Test ...

The Bibliophile
You scored 40% empirical, 7% public, and 22% teaching-oriented

You are The Bibliophile!

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The Scientist

You scored 50% empirical, 18% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

Seems accurate.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
The Philosopher
You scored 11% empirical, 26% public, and 52% teaching-oriented

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

You scored 56% empirical, 43% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

Shaunward

Public Intellectual

You scored 44% empirical, 62% public, and 68% teaching-oriented

I don't much care for any of the results. I'm embarassed that they represent my result with that emotional fool, Paul Krugman.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

You scored 56% empirical, 43% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

Same

COLLABORATORS UNITE SO WE CAN COLLABORATE AND STUFF!

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
The Bibliophile

You scored 17% empirical, 12% public, and 45% teaching-oriented

The Bibliophile
You are The Bibliophile!

Sounded good until the part about politics and business.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are The Philosopher!

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

You scored 29% empirical, 35% public, and 58% teaching-oriented

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
The Bibliophile

You scored 26% empirical, 6% public, and 40% teaching-oriented

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The Philosopher

You scored 33% empirical, 32% public, and 71% teaching-oriented

15587836090198796654.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

boats and birds

The Philosopher

You scored 23% empirical, 17% public, and 58% teaching-oriented

You are The Philosopher!

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't much care for any of the results. I'm embarassed that they represent my result with that emotional fool, Paul Krugman.

Thread carefully. Your quota of stealth anti-F remarks is reaching its limit 'round these parts. The champion of just causes (that would be me) is keeping an eye on you. You're on probation. Carry on...

Shaunward

Thread carefully. Your quota of stealth anti-F remarks is reaching its limit 'round these parts. The champion of just causes (that would be me) is keeping an eye on you. You're on probation. Carry on...
It's not that I'm against people being emotional in and upon itself, it's that I don't like when his public statements are grounded in emotion and he uses his economic (which is grounded in reason) laurels to argue from authority. It's the same (but perhaps opposite) of say, celebrities, trying to dictate economic policy.

Okay, sheriff?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not that I'm against people being emotional in and upon itself, it's that I don't like when his public statements are grounded in emotion and he uses his economic (which is grounded in reason) laurels to argue from authority. It's the same (but perhaps opposite) of say, celebrities, trying to dictate economic policy.

Okay, sheriff?

Stypg is right, if you're not careful, they'll stop cutting themselves and start cutting you.

Public Intellectual
You scored 39% empirical, 56% public, and 49% teaching-oriented

The empirical way annoys me, but I'm drawn to it, because it basically is science.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
The Bibliophile
You scored 44% empirical, 24% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

The description(as seen earlier in the thread) seems fairly accurate.

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The Dialectician

You scored 42% empirical, 45% public, and 3% teaching-oriented

You are The Dialectician!

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of his time, eventually.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Dialectician

You scored 37% empirical, 43% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.

Yeah, whatever that is. Some intellectual I am. :laugh:

Time to go do some research, I guess.