• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type of Intellectual are You?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are The Philosopher!

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You are The Collaborator!

You scored 51% empirical, 44% public, and 22% teaching-oriented
The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

wolfy

awsm
The Collaborator

1196134370983787402.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

Made my day!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Philosopher
You scored 38% empirical, 35% public, and 56% teaching-oriented

You are The Philosopher!

The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.

You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

sleepy

The Lecturer

You scored 49% empirical, 29% public, and 52% teaching-oriented

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!
aha

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
This is actually accurate. :shock: Jeebus.

The Bibliophile

You are The Bibliophile!

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

Jaguar

Stypg is right, if you're not careful, they'll stop cutting themselves and start cutting you.

So you are suggesting F-types cut themselves.
The brilliance of such insight has the same effect on me as smelling fresh cat shit, when sipping my morning coffee.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
You scored 28% empirical, 30% public, and 45% teaching-oriented

You are The Bibliophile!

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

rogue1

MBTI Type
INFJ
The Scientist
You scored 50% empirical, 20% public, and 26% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?" Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 50% on empiricism, higher than 61% of your peers.

You scored 20% on publicity, higher than 18% of your peers.

You scored 26% on pedagogy, higher than 13% of your peers.
:coffee: very interesting.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The Scientist
You scored 56% empirical, 30% public, and 13% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

I also relate to the Bibliophile, aside from the inane proclamation that the Bibliophile , known for the systemic synthesis of ideas, be geared toward business or politics :wacko:

G

garbage

You scored 60% empirical, 54% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

Indeed.

*blows on bubble pipe*

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Public Intellectual

You scored 27% empirical, 41% public, and 62% teaching-oriented

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am The Professor
You scored 46% empirical, 61% public, and 71% teaching-oriented

The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

*sighs* I thought I didn't want to be a teacher anymore...

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Lecturer

You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
The Philosopher
You scored 8% empirical, 12% public, and 65% teaching-oriented

You are The Philosopher!

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Lecturer

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's not that I'm against people being emotional in and upon itself, it's that I don't like when his public statements are grounded in emotion and he uses his economic (which is grounded in reason) laurels to argue from authority. It's the same (but perhaps opposite) of say, celebrities, trying to dictate economic policy.

Okay, sheriff?

Yeah I know what you mean, I think. I was just kidding. But yeah, anyone who argues from authority is annoying.

Stypg is right, if you're not careful, they'll stop cutting themselves and start cutting you.

Would you kindly type out my username correctly? Would you kindly cut yourself?

Shaunward

Yeah I know what you mean, I think. I was just kidding. But yeah, anyone who argues from authority is annoying.

I know. I added the sheriff bit to show that I was playing the game by going along with the joke.

I can be playful.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HelloQuizzy.com: The Bibliophile

Vague, but I suppose fairly true in its vagueness. Kind of funny how low I was on pedagogy for someone that's aiming to teach, though. :unsure:

Of course, I could go about criticizing the questions. If nothing else, I liked 14 the least, because I notice patterns by reasoning with logic. I could not understand how the two were mutually exclusive.