• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type of Intellectual are You?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Public Intellectual

You scored 40% empirical, 54% public, and 78% teaching-oriented

Public Intellectual
Noble, confident, successful! You are The Public Intellectual!

You have the enviable traits of the public intellectual. Unlike many great men and women, you are likely to be widely recognized for your contributions to popular discourse. People might admiringly drop your name in blogs on the internet or invite you to fancy cocktail parties.

However, you may find yourself fighting to maintain the integrity of your ideas. You're very likely to be mischaracterized, politicized, or satirized by scholars and laymen alike. And you may be tempted to stick to your guns, merely out of stubbornness. But when push comes to shove, you're exactly whom thousands of liberal arts major will strive to be some day.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
9098079606054086772.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

You are The Dialectician!

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.

I identify more with this than the result i got. Hmmmph!

KDude

You The Scientist

You scored 72% empirical, 30% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

Hmm.... giving the options, I guess it's accurate.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Public Intellectual
You scored 40% empirical, 41% public, and 65% teaching-oriented

You have the enviable traits of the public intellectual. Unlike many great men and women, you are likely to be widely recognized for your contributions to popular discourse. People might admiringly drop your name in blogs on the internet or invite you to fancy cocktail parties.

However, you may find yourself fighting to maintain the integrity of your ideas. You're very likely to be mischaracterized, politicized, or satirized by scholars and laymen alike. And you may be tempted to stick to your guns, merely out of stubbornness. But when push comes to shove, you're exactly whom thousands of liberal arts major will strive to be some day.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
The Philosopher
You scored 17% empirical, 30% public, and 56% teaching-oriented
The realm of ideas is your domain, and you relish any chance to act as guide for others. You strive for order in your mental and physical life, and you get it.
You probably write a lot and can master topics by teaching them to other people. Even if you aren't recognized in this lifetime, your writings will someday be accepted as essential.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am all of them, really, but the test had to pick one ;)

The Bibliophile
You scored 28% empirical, 24% public, and 13% teaching-oriented

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Dialectician

You scored 31% empirical, 60% public, and 19% teaching-oriented

You've accepted long ago that gaining knowledge is a lifetime project. In fact, in your mind, you've just barely scratched the surface. But you feel an urge to learn everything you can from whomever you meet, and to encourage others on their own pursuits.

People may find you unconvincing, or are so confident in their knowledge they don't recognize the challenges you can produce. But the dialectician has usually been recognized as ahead of her time, eventually.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 9% on empiricism, higher than 2% of your peers.

You scored 66% on publicity, higher than 97% of your peers.

You scored 68% on pedagogy, higher than 93% of your peers.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You scored 56% empirical, 24% public, and 45% teaching-oriented

You are The Scientist!

Slavishly devoted to the principle of cause and effect, you never leave an assumption untested.

With the right resources, you can live in a paradise of experiments, happily isolated from the rest of the world.

Some "Scientist" types love the process, while others are driven by the results. The common feature is their vigorous independence. Your fellow scientists will be your only audience, and your harshest critics. But you'll get your accolades spiritually, every time someone says "I wonder how this works?"

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Hmm... I think I agree with this but I also relate to some of the others. I love exploring new ideas and logic. Putting pieces of the puzzle together, connections.

The Bibliophile

You scored 33% empirical, 24% public, and 32% teaching-oriented

The Bibliophile

There's nothing you love more than the raw digestion of ideas. You spend your time collating the many works you've encountered into a grand enlightened whole.

Most of the things you observe in the real world become consistent and easy to explain--a hundred different factors all add up. But because you know so many facets of the issues, you can have a hard time explaining them to other people. You may find success in a practical discipline like politics or business, where the results speak for themselves!

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
The Professor

1659315611675869926.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

You scored 57% empirical, 66% public, and 84% teaching-oriented

The quintessential genius of the public imagination, you are The Professor!

Dealing with the rigors of science in an accessible, exciting way, you stimulate the imagination of the world.

You are one of the busiest types of intellectuals. Never settled down, you stay up late reading, because you spend all day teaching! As you get older, people may say that your glory days are past, or that your output no longer shifts the tide. But your many students will always refer to you as an extraordinary (wo)man!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
stop, collaborate, and listen

The Collaborator

You scored 71% empirical, 41% public, and 13% teaching-oriented

You are The Collaborator!

The Collaborator is one of the most beloved types of intellectuals. With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, you spread your sights over a broad range of disciplines, eager to tap the knowledge of the brightest in their fields.

Acting as a sort of honey bee to these great minds, you synthesize an eclectic array of abilities. Your name may be second on a lot of books and papers, but you'll always be first in the hearts of your peers!

~ oh my, would I be such a dismal teacher?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your result for The "What Type of Intellectual are You?" Test ...
Public Intellectual

You scored 43% empirical, 79% public, and 62% teaching-oriented
17590292839253652030.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

Beorn

Permabanned
You are The Bibliophile!

hmmm... I have been thinking about going into politics... ideally working for a public policy group I can believe in.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Scientist
You scored 57% empirical, 35% public, and 39% teaching-oriented

13436047293517527617.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

You are The Scientist!

B

brainheart

Lecturer
You stand on the shoulders of giants, as your fellow Lecturer-type, Isaac Newton, once said. You are eager to make an advancement in the name of science!

You might be rather private -- more inclined to write books than present papers to an audience. But, unimpeded by celebrity, you can dedicate yourself to the cutting edge of research. You know your goal in life is to have a law with your name on it!

Funny... I've been called a Buzz Killington.. but I could give a crap about having a law named after me.

alexshippee

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
You are The Dialectician!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You are the Professor

You scored 61% empirical, 74% public, and 71% teaching-oriented