• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you Neurotic?

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
You scored 45 anxiety, 78 awkwardness, and 27 neuroticism!
-- The Dork

Not surprising...

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
You scored 30 anxiety, 60 awkwardness, and 21 neuroticism!

mt1166926814.jpg

You aren't particularly anxious, and you don't count things--but you do notice sometimes that you don't exactly fit in. Polite people would call you an eccentric, but you truly are The Dork! And proud. Just because you feel a little awkward at parties doesn't mean you're not happy with yourself and fairly relaxed.

Your low anxiety score implies that you are able to relax, can enjoy the here and now, and have a healthy amount of self-confidence.

Your high awkwardness score implies that you are socially inept, probably stick out from the crowd, and perhaps feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, such as at parties.

Your low neuroticism score implies that you don't exhibit subtle neurotic behaviors--your nails are probably an acceptable length, your pencils aren't covered with bite marks, and your bookcase isn't arranged alphabetically by genre. Congrats!

nothappy

Your Score: The Subtle Neurotic
You scored 59 anxiety, 62 awkwardness, and 29 neuroticism!

-Tells me that I'm balanced.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your Score: The Subtle Neurotic
You scored 68 anxiety, 83 awkwardness, and 45 neuroticism!

Your low neuroticism score implies that you don't exhibit subtle neurotic behaviors--your nails are probably an acceptable length, your pencils aren't covered with bite marks, and your bookcase isn't arranged alphabetically by genre. Congrats!

This is wrong, because although my nails are an acceptable length, i can't seem to use a pencil without covering it in bite marks(in fact i pretty much bite on anything, especially straws), and my books are arranged alphabetically. hmmmm

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
You scored 56 anxiety, 42 awkwardness, and 41 neuroticism!

You don't seem to be particularly neurotic, but you certainly are Phobic. You are a nervous person, with fears, worries, and doubts--but, unlike a true neurotic, these don't manifest themselves visibly. You manage fine in social situations, despite underlying nerves--the best advice I can give you? Chill!

Your high anxiety score implies that you are unable to relax, worry about the future often, and probably are plagued by irrational fears and self-doubt.

Your low awkwardness score implies that you are socially capable, are personable and charming, and probably go to parties and have fun.

Atomic Fiend

You scored 18 anxiety, 81 awkwardness, and 45 neuroticism!

You aren't particularly anxious, and you don't count things--but you do notice sometimes that you don't exactly fit in. Polite people would call you an eccentric, but you truly are The Dork! And proud. Just because you feel a little awkward at parties doesn't mean you're not happy with yourself and fairly relaxed.

Your low anxiety score implies that you are able to relax, can enjoy the here and now, and have a healthy amount of self-confidence.

Your high awkwardness score implies that you are socially inept, probably stick out from the crowd, and perhaps feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, such as at parties.

Zelath

MBTI Type
INfP
The Dork
You scored 36 anxiety, 53 awkwardness, and 22 neuroticism!

Hmm. I am surprised I only got low for both anxiety and neuroticism as most quizzed would say completely otherwise. Ah well.

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP
The True Neurotic
You scored 59 anxiety, 53 awkwardness, and 54 neuroticism!

Congratulations, you are The True Neurotic, you nail-biting, conflict-avoiding worrier, you. You're plagued by self-doubt and anxiety, which makes social activity hard--even though you may be well-liked, you feel under a storm of silent criticism. It doesn't help that people give you funny looks for organizing all your pens by color or sharpening your gnawed pencils to a delicate point.

Your high anxiety score implies that you are unable to relax, worry about the future often, and probably are plagued by irrational fears and self-doubt.

Your high awkwardness score implies that you are socially inept, probably stick out from the crowd, and feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, such as at parties.

Your high neuroticism score implies that you exhibit neurotic behaviors--probably organization, fanatic obsessions (can you recite the entire first LOTR movie?), repetitive mantras, constant checking, or orderly rituals.

yay me! :shock:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You scored: The True Neurotic
73 anxiety,
67 awkwardness,
64 neuroticism!

----

That 1 was easy, next ! xDD

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Are you Neurotic?

No, definitely not, well... maybe, shit, no, you know what... I am neurotic, wait, no, I'm not, but wait, maybe I only think I'm not neurotic and really am, but I think I know myself pretty well so... yeah, no, I am definitely not neurotic, no way, no how. Fuck, but then there are times when I tend to over-think things and isn't over-thinking a sign of neurosis? So wait, perhaps I am neurotic, okay, so wait, fuck, am I? I can't decide...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know, am I? hmmm possibly. but is it true neuroticism if it doesn't bother me?

Mole

Permabanned
Listening and understanding

I've often wondered what neurosis is. I know it is not psychosis. And I know it is not healthy and happy. But what is it?

They say neurotics build castles in the air and psychotics live in them. And I think this distinguishes between neurosis and psychosis - where psychosis is being out of touch with reality while neurosis is mixing up reality and imagination.

The thoughts of psychotics can be out of touch with reality as in schizophrenia; or the emotions of psychotics can be out of touch with reality as in clinical depression. But what is most interesting is that most people are highly resistant to calling those with clinical depression - psychotic.

But it seems to me that many neurotics are responding to two realities at once. The reality immediately around them and something that happened in the past - and neurotics confuse the two. So to treat neurotics all you need to do is sort out the present from the past or reality from the imagination. However to treat psychotics is an entirely different kettle of fish.

It seems to me that neurotics are defending themselves against feelings that happened in the past but are now being projected onto the present.

However neurotics are unaware of what they are doing - they are unconscious of what they are doing. So all we need to do in make the unconscious, conscious simply by listening to the past feelings and bringing the past feelings into our present consciousness. So there is no need to keep unconsciously acting out the past feelings in a desperate attempt to get them heard. Finally they are heard and listened to and understood.

So the cure for neurosis is listening and understanding.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
It seems to me that neurotics are defending themselves against feelings that happened in the past but are now being projected onto the present.

However neurotics are unaware of what they are doing - they are unconscious of what they are doing. So all we need to do in make the unconscious, conscious simply by listening to the past feelings and bringing the past feelings into our present consciousness. So there is no need to keep unconsciously acting out the past feelings in a desperate attempt to get them heard. Finally they are heard and listened to and understood.

So the cure for neurosis is listening and understanding.

This makes a lot of sense. Does it really work? Can one cure oneself without a therapist?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lol,

I'm half-Jewish and... am hence, half-neurotic. :p

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
:huh:

You scored 59 anxiety, 79 awkwardness, and 42 neuroticism!

You have all the makings of neuroticism without any of the amusing trappings--you are The Subtle Neurotic! Plagued by doubt, fears, and worries, you are much more likely to have a quiet existential crisis off on your own than to bite your fingernails. You worry a lot over social situations, but take heart--chances are, you're not nearly as awkward as you feel you are. The best advice I can give you? Confide your worries in someone--no matter how irrational they seem. You're far too likely to keep everything bottled up.

Your high awkwardness score implies that you are socially nervous, probably have difficulty with conversation, and perhaps feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, such as at parties.

Mole

Permabanned
This makes a lot of sense. Does it really work? Can one cure oneself without a therapist?

The problem is, Helen, that the unheard feelings are just that - they are unconscious.

So it is far easier for a disinterested professional to start listening. Because we betray these feelings in our behaviour - that is, we act out. And this can be much more easily seen by a disinterested third party.

Of course it is possible to start listening to one's unconscious feelings alone. But these are often unpleasant feelings that we have repressed. So it is not pleasant to bring them up and we usually need the emotional support of a healthy person.

However once you start listening to all your feelings, conscious and unconscious, with the help of a therapist, you will quite naturally continue on listening and understanding for the rest of your life.

And the big plus is that you will not be burdening your children with you own unconscious repressed feelings. You will be fully emotionally available to those you love.