• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Prototype Thread (Test My Awful Super-Short Test, and Give Feedback!)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
super short wow...and i got enfp too

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
This test confuses me. On the questions that had a two part option (A / B) I want to pick half of each answer.

For example, on these questions I liked the italicized part, and disliked the rest:
"I usually find myself...
"...becoming anchored in what is unchanging or stable." / "...exploring or adapting to possibilities."
"...identifying and avoiding "expected" interpretations." / "...experiencing life in vivid detail."

"I prefer to focus on...
"...the values I hold dear in my heart." / "...the responsibilities I am expected to uphold and take accountability for."
"...the need to fit in and connect with the lives of others." / "...knowing and understanding how things work for myself."

Am I just misunderstanding how to test is supposed to work?

NTufnel

While this test may be effective if you already understand where the question is leading, I'm not sure if someone who isn't already knowledgeable about typology could find their appropriate answers. Unfortunately the idea of "tricking" the user into revealing his type through many questions is necessary, to cut through the potential misinterpretation and (largely depending on the users actual type), interpretive bias of the test taker.

That being said, it was accurate for me and probably is so for many others on this forum. My only question is whether a knowledge of typology is a prerequisite for its accuracy.

EDIT: Also, being an INTP, I found the choices to be very precise and knew exactly where it was leading. While this precision may be perceived as necessary for such a short test, rewording the choices in order to make them more intuitive and appealing to the types you "want" to choose that option is the best way to improve accuracy while retaining its small structure. Forget about whether the definitions feel accurate (from the perspective of Ti), and focus on creating choices that ring true with the functions you're trying to induce the choice from.

I suggest that the people who correctly chose their own types submit examples of how the questions could more accurately reflect the ideas they were looking for in the choices, regardless of whether it retains the "correct" definition of that function.

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP

..becoming anchored in what is unchanging or stable." / "...exploring or adapting to possibilities.

...the values I hold dear in my heart." / "...the responsibilities I am expected to uphold and take accountability for.

..allow and encourage free inquiry, where people are involved in an emergent process of free discussion.

...I typically feel impatient with a pace that's too slow or reflective.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I got ENFP. Maybe I've got to reconsider again?
I liked the test, though - not so boringly obvious :wubbie:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Peculiar i got esfp...hmmmm

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Peculiar i got esfp...hmmmm
Oh, ha, made a mistake, was doing it too quickly and not reading whole questions, reread the question...yep, enfp!
(note to self...read the whole question)

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Really, I think people have been much too hard on this test. It's provided pretty accurate feedback considering it's only four freaking questions. I got INTJ.

My only question is whether a knowledge of typology is a prerequisite for its accuracy.
That's a good question. I don't think it swayed my selections, but I can't discount the possibility.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HAHA-yeh/ I got INTP. I'd like to be an INTP.........

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
INFJ
o_O
The answers I chose were
"...experiencing life in vivid detail."
"...knowing and understanding how things work for myself."
"...I typically feel pressured by a pace that's too fast or hectic."
"...I'm aware of the expected interpretations of things, and remaining independant of them."

G

garbage

I like the test, but I'm with others in that the first couple of questions are difficult to answer. I get what you're going for, though.

My recommendation would be to break some of the options ("...becoming anchored in what is unchanging or stable." / "...exploring or adapting to possibilities.") into two separate options that still produce the same result.

The problem is that, if one of these clauses describes one's dominant function and the other describes their inferior function, it might lead to confusion about the option overall.

I've never liked the word "values" for Fi, either, but that is a debate that I refuse to enter

MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
INTP

"I usually find myself...

"...becoming anchored in what is unchanging or stable." / "...exploring or adapting to possibilities."

"I prefer to focus on...

"...the need to fit in and connect with the lives of others." / "...knowing and understanding how things work for myself."

"When interacting with others...

"...I typically feel pressured by a pace that's too fast or hectic."

"I find it more rewarding when...

"...entertaining future possibilities and potential, finding new opportunities for action, meaning or knowledge."

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I got ESFP! That's the first time in quite a while that I got F instead of T.

d4mselfly

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Toss up between ENTJ and INTJ because of the last question... I need time for reflection but quickly become irritated with dalliance. I tend to moderate the pace as I see fit. Otherwise, great test.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
All my friends score ENFJ on this test.

Who is flawed? The participant? Or is it the test?