• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Skeptic

The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

---

Sums it up well, I think

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rationalist
65 optimism, 44 faith, and 75 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Your result for The What's Your Philosophy? Test ...

Optimist
82 optimism, 73 faith, and 67 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

Compared to other takers
99/100 You scored 82% on optimism, higher than 99% of your peers..
93/100 You scored 73% on faith, higher than 93% of your peers..
70/100 You scored 67% on logic, higher than 70% of your peers..

Wow 99% higher.. Happy days are here again!!!

G

garbage

Spiritualist

56 optimism, 60 faith, and 50 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

Compared to other takers

* 31/100 You scored 56% on optimism, higher than 31% of your peers.
* 69/100 You scored 60% on faith, higher than 69% of your peers.
* 16/100 You scored 50% on logic, higher than 16% of your peers.

oh god i'm kicked out of the thinker's club

Although I've got a healthy mix of all three traits, I think ;)

ring the bell

I'm the only Realist so far?

Realist
67 optimism, 48 faith, and 52 logic!

Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.

Famous realists include: Plato.

The opposite of Realism is Foundationalism.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spiritualist
68 optimism, 58 faith, and 54 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

hmmm. i find it mostly not true for me. i do not believe in a supernatural power, per se. and besides the occasional self-help book or buddhist or toltec book, i don't find answers in religious works, but prefer philosophical reflection.

another damn stoopid thing that got my email address! thanx guys!

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Realist

Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.
-----------------

I don't identify with Realism completely. I think I identify with Existentialism more. I do however tend to see things in "universals as they say". That would be the correct part.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Resgressionist, although I fall pretty well as a skeptic.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Skeptic

51 optimism, 44 faith, 44 logic

i am skeptical of this test.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Compared to other takers

* 37/100 You scored 58% on optimism, higher than 37% of your peers.
* 29/100 You scored 46% on faith, higher than 29% of your peers.
* 93/100 You scored 77% on logic, higher than 93% of your peers.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Optimist
75 optimism, 65 faith, and 63 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

P

Phantonym

Optimist

67 optimism, 63 faith, and 60 logic!

:cheese: Where's my halo?

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Skeptic

39 optimism, 38 faith, and 48 logic!
The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.

Lark

Optimist

77 optimism, 60 faith, 65 logic

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Spiritualist

68 optimism, 77 faith, and 54 logic!

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Skeptic
46 optimism, 38 faith, and 38 logic!

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Regressionist

53 optimism, 52 faith, and 63 logic!
Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

53% optimism, 52% faith, 63% logic

Well that explains a lot.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Rationalist

60 optimism, 52 faith, and 67 logic!

The description there did not fit to me at all. I definitely don't sort out anything supernatural, although I neither believe totally in it either. I just see the possibility for both, but I wish though that there is something like that. It is like with the UFO poster in the X-Files: "I want to believe" :)

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Spiritualist

77 optimism, 81 faith, and 40 logic!