• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

LucrativeSid

Realist

Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.

Famous realists include: Plato.

The opposite of Realism is Foundationalism.

bai_lin83

Your Score: Optimist ;)
2 optimism, 5 faith, and 1 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Spiritualist
Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddha, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

An NF had to answer sooner or later ;)!

Spiritualist

Serial-poly-humorist

Spiritualist

Spiritualist

Spiritualist

Spiritualist

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 47% on optimism

You scored higher than 87% on faith

You scored higher than 8% on logic

The title fits me but the 8% logic (spare me the sarcastic comments please :)) and 87% faith is kinda shocking. Optimism is kinda low too.

Spiritualist :p

2 optimism, 5 faith, and -4 logic!

Apparently im not very logical lol

You scored higher than 55% on optimism
You scored higher than 95% on faith
You scored higher than 0% on logic

Wanna talk about a lack of logic!

Spiritualist

5 optimism, 3 faith, and 0 logic!

In case you haven't guessed already - Spiritualist.
I scored as a spiritualist also, and had 0 logic points.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm a skeptic

0 optimism, 0 faith, and 0 logic!

The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

Though I may have picked the wrong pill I can never remember which one Neo takes, but that's the one I meant to choose.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

I got regressionist. I took it again, because a lot of the questions had more than one answer (thanks to differing possible interpretations of the semantics).

The second time I got realist.

Makes enough sense. First I get one who looks backward, :doh: then I get one who looks forward. Of course!

Edit: I think though, I use regressive thinking to figure out more precisely what is going on, to get a better foundation for what can be done (realist).

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
This test is fallacious. But for the sake of fun I got skeptic first, then optimist.

Othon

MBTI Type
INTP
Regressionist

-1 optimism, 0 faith, and 3 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with.

"It's hot today."
"Why?"
"Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze."
"Why?"
"Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region."
"Why?"

And so on.

Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend.

The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Skeptic!

The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.

Pangolin

MBTI Type
INTP
Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Odd, since I also consider myself to be somewhat existentialist. oh well.

brazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I took this twice and came up with completely different answers! Spiritualist and Rationalist. Both are just TOO extreme for me. A lot of the answers I ended up putting "I'm not sure", which I think made the ones I had definite answers for have a lot more weight.

I took it a third time and basically forced myself to make a decision with the ones I had put as "I'm not sure" and ended up with Optimist. I agree with it a lot more than Spiritualist and Rationalist, that's for sure.

Deva

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I am a Foundationalist. Still searching for that single universal truth that is going to bring it all together for me!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I didn't need a test to tell me this.

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it. Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza. The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) Realist! (there's only one other realist here :shock:)