• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

Mr.Miagi

MBTI Type
INTP
Hey, I'm a Rationalist. No surprises, although some of the questions were pretty tough.

"Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 54% on optimism

You scored higher than 22% on faith

You scored higher than 36% on logic"

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Optimist
Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Regressionist, although I don't think I actually am one.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think that's the actual nihlism speaking. :D

Come on... not so long ago you were trying to say that there is no inherent meaning in the universe!

FranG

MBTI Type
INTJ
Spiritualist

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 47% on optimism

You scored higher than 87% on faith

You scored higher than 8% on logic

The title fits me but the 8% logic (spare me the sarcastic comments please :)) and 87% faith is kinda shocking. Optimism is kinda low too.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What the hell is up with all of these spiritualits... and worst of all Optimists in this thread?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What the hell is up with all of these spiritualits... and worst of all Optimists in this thread?

Heavens, we wouldn't want any differences of opinion, now, would we?

I need to make a macro of that so I can say it to you regularly. ;)

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
Claims I'm a rationalist - which may or may not be correct, but I have similar gripes about the questions as those expressed above. A good number of them seemed to willingly miss the point from my philosophical POV.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Skeptic

The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I thought this forum was created to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of types. I am expected to learn more of MBTI, understand perspectives of other types, and have some productive discussions on type theory. However if the forum was made purely as a factionist ploy to one up INTPC, then I will be as indifferent to the infantile banter and type-centric behavior as I was there.

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
Part of the type diversity is that some of them will not always see the point of what others believe. There's going to be some conflict along with the acceptance.

Don't want it to turn into a hate fest, but there's no value to acceptance if it's unconditional.

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
To be honest I got Rationalist first, but the test is so simplistic and being a philosophy major I knew what every response I had meant, so since the result made so sense with how I answered, I retook it for the answer that was closest to me : )

Skeptic
The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Yeah David Hume is pretty badass.

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
Your Score:Skeptic

I'm surprised that I even took the test. I can't abide philosophy. I barely got past Philosophy 101 (Plato and Aristotle) in school. All I did was argue with my professors.

How does that relate to mybeing a neo-pagan? Hmmm.

Score: 0 optimism, 0 faith, and -3 logic!

I thought this forum was created to acknowledge and celebrate the diversity of types. I am expected to learn more of MBTI, understand perspectives of other types, and have some productive discussions on type theory. However if the forum was made purely as a factionist ploy to one up INTPC, then I will be as indifferent to the infantile banter and type-centric behavior as I was there.

I was never on INTPC, but I got your back on that one.:nice:

:tongue10: :nono: to the divisiveness.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SKEPTIC