• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Me a Skeptic since when, the test lies.
Redoing gets me Rationalist. I'm laughing already.
With a bit more tweaking Optimist is more plausible.

Synthetic Darkness

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

I'd say I was a disappointed Optimist who is now bordering on Realism... <_<

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Rationalist - 58 optimism, 42 faith, and 69 logic.

Imo, that was a crap quiz, though.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Skeptic..

Ah, yes..

I hover somewhere between relativism and nihilism.

test said:
You scored 30% on optimism, higher than 0% of your peers.

I'll take that as a compliment.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Rationalist

61 optimism, 48 faith, and 67 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Existentialist

In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spiritualist

63 optimism, 75 faith, and 52 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

This test has many flaws in my opinion... I think there are many ways it could be improved. The choices for all the questions rather one sided or the other, no true middle ground in my mind. I get told all the time that I'm a negative person. It is true. The best options that reflected my views were the optimistic ones yet my true view point is different enough to be pessimistic.

R

Riva

Rationalist

60 optimism, 31 faith, and 75 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

L

Lasting_Pain

Existentialist

51 optimism, 58 faith, and 50 logic!

Wow I am pretty balanced.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cool test, thanks Solitary! :)

Here's my result:

Your result for The What's Your Philosophy? Test ...

Rationalist
67 optimism, 48 faith, and 56 logic!

67/100You scored 67% on optimism, higher than 67% of your peers.
34/100You scored 48% on faith, higher than 34% of your peers.
32/100You scored 56% on logic, higher than 32% of your peers.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Optimist - Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

You scored 61% on optimism, higher than 49% of your peers.
63/100You scored 58% on faith, higher than 63% of your peers.
38/100You scored 58% on logic, higher than 38% of your peers.

This test is so bogus. It couldn't be more far off than how I feel most of the time. =P Maybe it's because I still believe in Religion.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well, I belong to a Catholic Christian church, but I reject some of the teachings and substitute my own. Plus I don't attend church any more, which I suppose is a very big sin in my religion.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Existentialist.

?

I don't think everything is pointless. I think I said "I'm not sure" too much.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Realist.

63 optimism, 54 faith, and 44 logic!

Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.

Famous realists include: Plato.

The opposite of Realism is Foundationalism.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Regressionist

39 optimism, 38 faith, and 73 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Compared to other takers

* 2/100 You scored 39% on optimism, higher than 2% of your peers.
* 12/100 You scored 38% on faith, higher than 12% of your peers.
* 86/100 You scored 73% on logic, higher than 86% of your peers.

Shocking. :coffee: