• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

Numbers

MBTI Type
INFJ
Existentialist
53 optimism, 75 faith, and 46 logic!

In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Rationalist

60 optimism, 52 faith, and 73 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Bad test. Most of the questions didn't have an answer that suited me.

Can humans achieve perfection? My answer whould have been "No, perfection is subjective" if the option was available, and most questions didn't have a satisfactory option.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
an ENTJ spiritualist. don't most NT's look down on faith and trust their logic instead?

Don't know where I saw a faith survey, but from memory Js were more likely to be religious than Ps, except INFPs (who would've guessed they'd choose to be the anomaly).

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Optimist
74 optimism, 67 faith, and 56 logic!

yeah, a lot of the answers, i didn't like...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Optimist

58 optimism, 63 faith, and 58 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

I'm actually more of a pessimistic idealist. I wonder how it measured my result, I tied in logic and optimism.

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Regressionist

40 optimism
27 faith
71 logic

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Rationalist

56 optimism, 54 faith, and 67 logic!

10072261131134750471.jpeg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Optimist

74 optimism, 67 faith, and 56 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
Regressionist
51 optimism, 50 faith, and 71 logic

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
Rationalist

68 optimism, 52 faith, and 65 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Meh, I don't totally agree with this. There may be a supernatural of sorts. But apparently I'm super optimistic, very faith-oriented, and super logical, so I guess they had to settle on something to label me.

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7

Can humans achieve perfection? My answer whould have been "No, perfection is subjective" if the option was available, and most questions didn't have a satisfactory option.

Yes, this is what I wanted to answer as well. Perfection? There's no such thing as perfect.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Rationalist
61 optimism, 48 faith, and 65 logic!

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Really? But I said luck and fate exist but we have the possibility to alter them...

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Rationalist

68 optimism, 52 faith, and 65 logic!

Meh, I don't totally agree with this. There may be a supernatural of sorts. But apparently I'm super optimistic, very faith-oriented, and super logical, so I guess they had to settle on something to label me.

Yeah, that's like me!