• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
Spiritualist
72 optimism, 83 faith, and 52 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Spiritualist
72 optimism, 83 faith, and 52 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

that's quite a combination you have there.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
60 optimism, 65 faith, and 56 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.
I don't believe we live in the best possible word but I'm hopeful. :) and I don't think it's possible to attain that "perfect place" but we should strive to or else why not just all give up and do nothing to improve our lives?
"Meh, we're all going to die anyways", fatalism and passivity kill me.
They make optimists sound like seriously delusional people o_O, we have hope that's all.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Optimist
65 optimism, 75 faith, and 56 logic

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end.

Not everything. Just most things.

They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully.

Understanding and respect.

These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

B

beyondaurora

Rationalist
56 optimism, 35 faith, and 71 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't believe I never stumbled across this thread before. I :wubbie: goofy tests like this!

Optimist
65 optimism, 56 faith, and 60 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

---------

Eh....given that descriptive blurb, I don't think it fits me all that well. Given history and human nature, especially on a group scale, I don't really believe violence/power struggles/inequities will go away, and I don't actually think it's possible, but I do think there's a lot of potential and good in the world too. I choose to look glass-half-full, even though I know it could easily go the other route. It's a balance of sorts, and probably always will be.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Optimist

58 optimism, 56 faith, and 69 logic!

lol.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Regressionist​
Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spiritualist

65 optimism, 65 faith, and 42 logic!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Optimist
74 optimism, 63 faith, and 73 logic!

Thats a little extreme but matches the closest, I guess.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Regressionist
53 optimism, 48 faith, and 73 logic

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". Blah blah.