• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

MBTI Type
ENTP
another Optimist: 2 optimism, 3 faith, 16 logic... so how am I an optimist? And I don't understand my faith score either.

MBTI Type
ENTP
horrible test......If possible, I would've voted "other" on half or more of the questions.

Optimist

3 optimism, 4 faith, and 13 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

^and I don't agree with any of that, including the ludicrous claim that optimists are a dying breed.

# You scored 3 on optimism, higher than 15% of your peers.
# You scored 4 on faith, higher than 39% of your peers.
# You scored 13 on logic, higher than 76% of your peers.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Optimist
14 optimism, 11 faith, and 12 logic!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
horrible test......If possible, I would've voted "other" on half or more of the questions.

Optimist

3 optimism, 4 faith, and 13 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

^and I don't agree with any of that, including the ludicrous claim that optimists are a dying breed.

# You scored 3 on optimism, higher than 15% of your peers.
# You scored 4 on faith, higher than 39% of your peers.
# You scored 13 on logic, higher than 76% of your peers.

defeatist ! xD

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Rationalist

10 optimism, -3 faith, and 14 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Now, that is the correct Faith score for me.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Rationalist

1 optimism, -2 faith, and 9 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

I disagree with this. As did my answers.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Spiritualist

10 optimism, 13 faith, and -2 logic!

Seems a little one sided to me...

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Rationalist

60 optimism, 54 faith, and 58 logic!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Upon reviewing this now, I see that those who had high logic scores were differentiated into either optimist or rationalist by the faith score. So someone deemed to be a rationalist could have a higher optimism score and lower logic score than an optimist but still be rationalist by virtue of a 0 or negative faith score. If the faith score was 1 or greater, then optimist instead of rationalist even if the optimism score was low and the logic was high. Stupid test.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rationalist

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

# You scored 61% on optimism, higher than 47% of your peers.
# 40/100 You scored 50% on faith, higher than 40% of your peers.
# 95/100 You scored 79% on logic, higher than 95% of your peers.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that as an ENFP Ive scored as a rationalist? i thought those T people had that market cornered :)

I guess it could explain my 7w8

Ildachenth

MBTI Type
INFJ
It said Spiritualist, but I'm not sure... I like to think I'm too open minded to say "I'm right, regardless of factual information."

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I took it twice, and I came up with Existentialist first and Optimist second; while both fit to a degree, I think the latter is a more accurate dipiction (I crossed out what doesn't fit).

Optimist
61 optimism, 68 faith, and 73 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will could one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully.These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Existentialist

No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Optimist

68 optimism, 63 faith, and 71 logic!

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

eh, it's pretty accurate for me, though i'm not sure if optimism is a philosophical stance.