• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Regressionist

0 optimism, -4 faith, and 3 logic

---

Well, "regressionists" seem to be the most common outcome...
They say Feyerabend was a "regressionist", but as far as I know, his epistemological theories weren't exactly like this...

I guess there is a confusion within the test between him and his friend Imre Lakatos.

Retz

MBTI Type
INTJ
Rationalist. Who could have guessed. Me because it's the most rational answer that's who.

S

Sniffles

Spiritualist of course. Pascal is actually one of my favorite thinkers.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Your Score: Skeptic

The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Spiritualist. Figured if I was a theist I'd get this.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Rationalist

5 optimism, -3 faith, and 15 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

:yes:

EDIT: Oh, how MBTI Central affects my life? I decided to do some research on Spinoza- I saw his picture and the first thought that popped into my mind was.. Blue Wing.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Optimist 17 optimism, 10 faith, and 10 logic!

17 eh. that makes me like really optimistic right :cheese:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Optimist, huh. I may be optimistic sometimes, but this test sucks if it thinks I'm more Optimist than anything else.

# You scored 6 on optimism, higher than 28% of your peers.
# 39/100 You scored 4 on faith, higher than 39% of your peers.
# 56/100 You scored 10 on logic, higher than 56% of your peers.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Optimist

5 optimism, 1 faith, and 15 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

# You scored 5 on optimism, higher than 23% of your peers.

# 23/100 You scored 1 on faith, higher than 23% of your peers.

# 86/100 You scored 15 on logic, higher than 86% of your peers.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Consider me surprised as dismal as I am by nature. I have Trinity's score.

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Anyone else think it's odd that most of us Optimists had a lower Optimism score than Logic score? "After careful consideration, I've determined that your new [Philosophical Personality Test] sucks."

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Anyone else think it's odd that most of us Optimists had a lower Optimism score than Logic score? "After careful consideration, I've determined that your new [Philosophical Personality Test] sucks."

LOL yeah I know, my logic score was three times as high as my optimism score.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not optimistic about my optimism score.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Banned from the optimists club ^ ^

:banned:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

I also got Optimist, and my Optimism score was lower (although only by one) than Logic.

# You scored 11 on optimism, higher than 57% of your peers.
# 51/100 You scored 6 on faith, higher than 51% of your peers.
# 70/100 You scored 12 on logic, higher than 70% of your peers.

Godwin sounds interesting. I have an affinity for the individualist anarchists of the 19th Century.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That really isn't as scary as I thought it would be, although they do appear to force innocent children to play golf :shock:

They also say "To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile" and those people make me sad :(

I used to win their local chess tournament regularly.
Bet they were happy about that.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
That really isn't as scary as I thought it would be, although they do appear to force innocent children to play golf :shock:

I wish I could have played free golf as a child. :(

They also say "To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile" and those people make me sad :(

Yeah, the tournament organizer was weird like that. He was dressed like 1977, too.

Bet they were happy about that.

Well, it was a free tournament put on for school-age kids from like 8-17. I won four years in a row.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Regressionist

-7 optimism, -5 faith, 7 logic

That is what happens when you answer "I dont know" for the whole time xD