• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

AliciaS2R

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Your Score: Rationalist 1 optimism, 0 faith, and 2 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

unsung truth

nice to see the diversity, i think things would be pretty bad if everyone was a realist or an optimist or what have you.

the differences in opinions and views creates a challenge to organize one's thoughts in order to argue them, it gives more viewpoints for assessing problems and coming up with solutions, and it adds to the richness of life :D

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Rationalist. :)

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Optimism!

How true to type of me. :)

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

Opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Your Score: Foundationalist

0 optimism, 2 faith, and 1 logic!

Foundationalists believe in logical, ordered opinions, built on other opinions. Building ideas is like building a house - you have to start at the most basic truths, and work your way up from there, otherwise it simply doesn't work. Thus, a foundationalist's entire goal is to find a single universal truth, that cannot be refuted by any argument. Once that truth has been found, everything else can fall into place. "I think, therefore I am" is often argued to be one of these basic truths.

Famous foundationalists include: Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Foundationalism is Realism.

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
Your Score: Existentialist
-2 optimism, 1 faith, and -3 logic!

In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.

Famous realists include: Plato.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
1 optimism, 1 faith, and -1 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
Spiritualist. :D

3 optimism, 4 faith, and -3 logic!

You scored higher than 73% on optimism

You scored higher than 91% on faith

You scored higher than 1% on logic

ooh yay, now I feel cheesy.

:whistling:...:ninja:

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Your Score: Optimist1 optimism, 1 faith, and 2 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Your Score: Rationalist
1 optimism, -1 faith, and 2 logic!

Suprise.

Negative_

2 optimism, -5 faith, and 6 logic!

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 56% on optimism
You scored higher than 1% on faith
You scored higher than 95% on logic

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Optimist

5 optimism, 2 faith, and 1 logic

(I knew this.)

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Optimist

2 optimism, 4 faith, and 2 logic

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

I guess this was their closest philosophy to the Christian life philosophy. We are not a dying breed. All things will work out in the end. All evil will one day be overcome by good. We live in a fallen world--to live is Christ, to die is gain.

You know who were the famous Christians: Paul, Peter, John...

The opposite of a Christian life philosophy is any life philosophy that doesn't exalt Jesus as Lord and Savior of their life.

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a regressionist.

I was going for a realist, too...

You scored higher than 8% on optimism
You scored higher than 4% on faith
You scored higher than 85% on logic

Pssh.

The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Lol.

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with.

"It's hot today."
"Why?"
"Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze."
"Why?"
"Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region."
"Why?"

I only ask 'why?' when I really want to know. We regressionists are not stupid.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Existentialist
-1 optimism, 3 faith, and -4 logic!

In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regressionist.

You should've done a poll. Then we could've seen the spread across the forum.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Existentialist, but I disagree, the description didn't suit me at all.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

I wouldn't say I worship any deities and I find religion to be quite one sided..

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Nice test...