• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

Within

Permabanned
-----------Rationalist------------

58 optimism, 50 faith, and 81 logic.

chooi

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/9
Spiritualist
61 optimism, 63 faith, and 52 logic!
Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Bit of a poor test. I would've liked more answer choices.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
A year later and I'm a regressionist instead of an optimist.

ygolo

My termites win
Was an optimist, now a rationalist.

Rationalist
65 optimism, 54 faith, and 69 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 65% on optimism, higher than 61% of your peers.

You scored 54% on faith, higher than 53% of your peers.

You scored 69% on logic, higher than 75% of your peers.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Rationalist
60 optimism, 42 faith, and 73 logic!

Almost everybody here seems to be a rationalist. Also, a few of the questions were very poorly written.

algeerot

MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
5w6
Regressionist

54 optimism, 54 faith, and 67 logic!
Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true.

I don't actually agree with this completely. I think there are some questions which can't be answered to be acceptable.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Answered the first few questions, then had to stop because the test is imperfect. I'm sorry test writer, but your test presupposes some "truths" that are just not the case.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I scored Regressionist.

Pretty shitty biased test if you ask me.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do they mean by "a force outside of our existence"? I think this question measures spirituality or a belief in some kind of a creator, but scientific reasoning also invokes a "force outside of our existence". I'm not sure how to answer this one.

If the combination of certain propabilities takes us closer to our goals, we call it 'luck', right? Picking the first two answer distorts the results.

KDude

coulda sworn i took this but i guess not

Optimist
63 optimism, 75 faith, and 58 logic!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, I guess this is the closest to idealist :tongue:

Optimist

65 optimism, 60 faith, and 65 logic!
Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

cfs1992

Spiritualist

67 optimism, 75 faith, and 44 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Realist

Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.

Famous realists include: Plato.

The opposite of Realism is Foundationalism.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Rationalist

56 optimism, 50 faith, and 58 logic!
Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Optimist
63 optimism, 60 faith, and 65 logic!
Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

An INTP Optimist!? Nonsense!!

Actually, I consider myself these:

Everything not quoted, I disagree with.

1. Repressionist
"Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on"

2. Foundationalist
"Building ideas is like building a house - you have to start at the most basic truths, and work your way up from there, otherwise it simply doesn't work. Thus, a foundationalist's entire goal is to find a single universal truth, that cannot be refuted by any argument. Once that truth has been found, everything else can fall into place. "I think, therefore I am" is often argued to be one of these basic truths."

3. Realist
"there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people."

4. Optimist
"They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason."

I believe almost everything is possible; Logic must disprove these possibilities.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Optimist
67 optimism, 65 faith, and 65 logic!

Your Analysis
You scored 67% on optimism, higher than 69% of your peers.
You scored 65% on faith, higher than 78% of your peers.
You scored 65% on logic, higher than 62% of your peers.

This is not accurate for me.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Skeptic.

I don't believe the results, either.