• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Me a Skeptic since when, the test lies.
Redoing gets me Rationalist. I'm laughing already.
With a bit more tweaking Optimist is more plausible.

...and this is proof of how un-Skeptic you are? :newwink:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rationalist
61 optimism, 46 faith, and 73 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism

I don't know.... I kind of prefer Regressionism, Skepticism and Foundationalism more.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Existentialist
42 optimism, 67 faith, and 21 logic!
In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.

yesss i got the same as Nietzsche :]
win.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Optimist

67 optimism, 63 logic, and 58 faith!
Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
funny how logic is the highest

Optimist

63 optimism, 58 faith, and 69 logic!
Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Skeptic.

blah blah commonly considered 'truths' can be hard to believe sometimes.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Rationalist
58 optimism, 48 faith, and 69 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 58% on optimism, higher than 37% of your peers.

You scored 48% on faith, higher than 35% of your peers.

You scored 69% on logic, higher than 76% of your peers.

I have more faith than 35% of my peers? hmm

Rationalism is the camp I find myself in, though I was surprised this test was able to spit that out because the answers that I wanted to give were never present.

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
Rationalist

61 optimism, 54 faith, and 63 logic!

I disagree. I don't know how the "test" arrived at this conclusion because I am fairly sure I gave no answer leading to this result, which is completely unfitting for me.
It is a very simplistic test.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Totally disagree with this >.>;;

Optimist

70 optimism, 69 faith, and 63 logic!

Optimists also happen to look at the glass as half full, and generally refuse to consider the complications that may occur if something goes wrong. An "optimist" can't prepare for the future as they just assume it'll all turn out okei.

I'm a realist; the glass isn't half full nor half empty. It is at exactly the halfway mark, and then it is going to be empty because I am thirsty. And then it will be full because I will refill it. It's a nice little cycle.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
Optimist
75 optimism, 69 faith, and 63 logic!

Agreed. good Test. :devil::devil::smile:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
lol, it thinks i'm a rationalist. true but partial.

most of all, i am not a multiple choice philosopher.

this test has a serious inability to understand nonduality. apparently it thinks, that i disregard anything beyond materialism, since i disapprove of the notion of a force outside of our "existence (??)"

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the
world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
53 optimism, 56 faith, and 58 logic!

Foundationalists believe in logical, ordered opinions, built on other opinions. Building ideas is like building a house - you have to start at the most basic truths, and work your way up from there, otherwise it simply doesn't work. Thus, a foundationalist's entire goal is to find a single universal truth, that cannot be refuted by any argument. Once that truth has been found, everything else can fall into place. "I think, therefore I am" is often argued to be one of these basic truths. Famous foundationalists include: Rene Descartes. The opposite of Foundationalism is Realism.

optimism
chart

faith
chart

logic
chart

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rationalist (60 optimism, 46 faith, and 77 logic)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rationalist

You scored 58% on optimism, higher than 37% of your peers.
You scored 42% on faith, higher than 20% of your peers.
You scored 79% on logic, higher than 95% of your peers.

Not bad for an INFP :D

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Spiritualist

You scored 68% on optimism, higher than 75% of your peers.
You scored 69% on faith, higher than 87% of your peers.
You scored 40% on logic, higher than 3% of your peers.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rationalist

58 optimism, 46 faith, and 56 logic!

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Rationalist

56 optimism, 29 faith, and 77 logic!