User Tag List

First 2230313233 Last

WALMART

Non-Reductionist.

I'll actually take the test when I get home.

garbage

Well. Three years later, and I'm this:

Rationalist
    65 optimism, 42 faith, and 65 logic!
    Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

"Spiritualist

65 optimism, 60 faith, and 50 logic!
    Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism."

I don't know how it gets so many answers for faith; most of my answers are "I'm not sure", because I'm a philosophy major and I've realized that we can't really be sure of anything. So it's not true that spiritualism is the opposite of philosophy. As far as a higher power is concerned, I don't believe it is a deity. So the test is wrong. Even though I'm very spiritual, it's based on an emotional appreciation of philosophy and science and ultimate truth.

WALMART

Rationalist

You scored 70% on optimism, higher than 81% of your peers.

You scored 54% on faith, higher than 55% of your peers.

You scored 77% on logic, higher than 92% of your peers.

Optimist
    68 optimism, 56 faith, and 63 logic!
    Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

You scored 68% on optimism, higher than 77% of your peers.

You scored 56% on faith, higher than 61% of your peers.

You scored 63% on logic, higher than 55% of your peers.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Regressionist
    44 optimism, 31 faith, and 65 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Regressionist
    53 optimism, 46 faith, and 63 logic!
    Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Huh, I don't know if I totally agree with this result.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Rationalist

67 optimism, 35 faith, and 75 logic!
    Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Spiritualist
    84 optimism, 75 faith, and 52 logic!
    Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 84% on optimism, higher than 99% of your peers.

You scored 75% on faith, higher than 95% of your peers.

You scored 52% on logic, higher than 20% of your peers.

Hmm, looking at the results for optimist I see myself as a mix between these two. They both seem like me. I'm so torn. D:
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Your result for The What's Your Philosophy? Test ...
    Regressionist
    51 optimism, 50 faith, and 65 logic!

You scored 51% on optimism, higher than 19% of your peers.
    You scored 50% on faith, higher than 44% of your peers.
    You scored 65% on logic, higher than 62% of your peers.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism