User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lmao .. This is quite funny as my mood is very sombre at the moment (i rise from the ashes, and i feel good, something/someone has to knock me back down so i start all over again). So i wonder if i took this test in a few days time, would the result be different. Anyway.

Existentialist

35 optimism, 58 faith, and 44 logic!

In Greek mythology, a man named Sisyphus had angered the gods during his life. When he died, he was sent to Hades, and punished by constantly having to push a boulder up a hill. Every time he reached the top, the boulder rolled back down to the bottom and he had to start over. This process repeats itself for eternity.

That's more or less how existentialists view life. We're much like Sisyphus - struggling to push a rock up a hill, knowing that even if we succeed, it won't matter. No matter how great our achievements may be, in the end, they're completely meaningless. But like Sisyphus, we should continue living our meaningless lives, in order to defy whatever force is punishing us.

Famous existentialists include: Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche.

The opposite of Existentialism is Rationalism.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Rationalist

60 optimism, 50 faith, and 56 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The provided definition seems to discredit the percentage balance, particularly concerning my 'faith' score...

MBTI
    ISFP

Spiritualist
    56 optimism, 63 faith, and 54 logic!

Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism.

Compared to other takers:

31/100 You scored 56% on optimism, higher than 31% of your peers.

74/100 You scored 63% on faith, higher than 74% of your peers.

26/100 You scored 54% on logic, higher than 26% of your peers.
    Not bad.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

It tells me I'm a rationalist, which is false.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram

rationalist.
    thats different.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Wow, I don't feel optimistic in my day-to-day life, quite negative actually! But, overall & theoretically I believe there is something better and we just need to find a way to achieve it...

Optimist

56 optimism, 73 faith, and 60 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

your resident asshole

Spiritualist
    56 optimism, 58 faith, and 52 logic!
    I scored pretty close between these three.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Wow, I don't feel optimistic in my day-to-day life, quite negative actually! But, overall & theoretically I believe there is something better and we just need to find a way to achieve it...
    Optimist

65 optimism, 60 faith, and 56 logic!

Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

Same here my friend. It's my best defense mechanism, what would I do without it?

bad situations+optimism= hope/faith=> willingness to make an effort=> higher probability for a positive outcome.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Regressionist

49 optimism, 33 faith, and 79 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.
    The underlined idea is the only thing I don't agree on. Depending on how realistic the question sounds, I'd probably give it a 'maybe'. I'm not sure if I agree with this philosophy yet until I do more research.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Phantonym

Rationalist

63 optimism, 50 faith, and 73 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

That seems so...dry. Optimistically rational, that's better.