First 132122232425 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Rationalist
    72 optimism, 50 faith, and 65 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Although it must be said, many of the questions did not have the answers I would choose. So I just chose the closest ones. :P

MBTI
    INTJ

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

That is not the definition of rationalism, and the first sentence isn't even true.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Although it must be said, many of the questions did not have the answers I would choose. So I just chose the closest ones. :P
    Me too.

... Rationalist, 79 optimism, 40 faith, and 92 logic!

Plus l like existentialism a lot, so it sux they're opposites...

Heh, the rationalist maybe would say there is nothing which opposes reason. Plus he didn't just say it, it's true. hehe
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INTP

Default What's Your Philosophy

OkCupid.com: Take The What's Your Philosophy? Test

Regressionist
    47 optimism, 50 faith, and 63 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Regressionist
    42 optimism, 46 faith, and 73 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.
    Interesting... seems like it might fit. I've asked "why" ever since I can remember.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Regressionist
    53 optimism, 46 faith, and 77 logic!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Spiritualist. Don't fully agree with the description though.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    I

Rationalist

61 optimism, 48 faith, and 60 logic!

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Rationalist

61 optimism, 48 faith, and 67 logic!

Cool, almost the exact same score for me before.