• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Philosophical personality test

IntrovertedThinker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I got Regressionist, but I'm not so sure what it really entails.
Anyone care to explain.

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Skeptic

42 optimism, 42 faith, and 50 logic!
The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

Famous skeptics include: David Hume, Rene Descartes.

The opposite of Skepticism is Optimism.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
result for The What's Your Philosophy? Test ...

Rationalist
56 optimism, 48 faith, and 63 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.
Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 56% on optimism, higher than 31% of your peers.

You scored 48% on faith, higher than 35% of your peers.

You scored 63% on logic, higher than 54% of your peers.

thistledown

MBTI Type
INFP
Regressionist
54 optimism, 40 faith, and 65 logic!
Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

thistledown

MBTI Type
INFP
I got Regressionist, but I'm not so sure what it really entails.
Anyone care to explain.

I got the same result, and I'm also wondering what it means. As far as I can make out, in my case it probably means not being able to make sense of anything. I sit in a meeting and wonder "Why am I here anyway?" "Why does one have to sit at meetings? What purpose does it serve?" I write a paper and wonder, "Why am I doing this anyway?" "Why was it decided that people have to write in a certain way for a piece of writing to be called a paper?". I do ask a lot of "why's".

But I love the description. It sounds just like me.

They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on.

I like my confused state, but I'm sure others feel like pulling their hair out when they're with me, and I love watching that too :laugh:!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rationalist
56 optimism, 35 faith, and 56 logic!

Rationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Rationalist

58 optimism, 50 faith, and 65 logic!

You scored 58% on optimism, higher than 40% of your peers.

You scored 50% on faith, higher than 44% of your peers.

You scored 65% on logic, higher than 62% of your peers.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Rationalist

60 optimism, 54 faith, and 71 logic!

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Rationalist
60 optimism, 48 faith, and 75 logic!

Edit: I wonder if "I'm not sure" answers were counted for something, or discarded, since that was my response for most of them.

G

garbage

Well. Three years later, and I'm this:

Rationalist
65 optimism, 42 faith, and 65 logic!

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.​

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Spiritualist

65 optimism, 60 faith, and 50 logic!
Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Famous spiritualists include: Blaise Pascal.

The opposite of Spiritualism is Regressionism."

I don't know how it gets so many answers for faith; most of my answers are "I'm not sure", because I'm a philosophy major and I've realized that we can't really be sure of anything. So it's not true that spiritualism is the opposite of philosophy. As far as a higher power is concerned, I don't believe it is a deity. So the test is wrong. Even though I'm very spiritual, it's based on an emotional appreciation of philosophy and science and ultimate truth.

W

WALMART

Rationalist

You scored 70% on optimism, higher than 81% of your peers.

You scored 54% on faith, higher than 55% of your peers.

You scored 77% on logic, higher than 92% of your peers.

ygolo

My termites win
Optimist
68 optimism, 56 faith, and 63 logic!
Optimists are a dying breed in this day and age. To the optimists, the world is a positive place. Everything is inherently good, and all things will work out in the end. They believe violence will one day be replaced with logic and reason, and that all religions can coexisist peacefully. These are the people who always see the glass half full, and believe that we live in the best possible world.

Famous optimists include: Gottfried Leibniz, William Godwin.

The opposite of Optimism is Skepticism.

You scored 68% on optimism, higher than 77% of your peers.

You scored 56% on faith, higher than 61% of your peers.

You scored 63% on logic, higher than 55% of your peers.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regressionist
44 optimism, 31 faith, and 65 logic!

Regressionists believe that every question must have an answer, and anything that cannot be answered must not be true. Thus, their search for truth is based around asking the question "Why?" rather than "How?". They're also the most annoying type to have a conversation with. "It's hot today." "Why?" "Because there's no clouds blocking the sun, and no wind to create a breeze." "Why?" "Because the vapors in the air haven't condensed enough to form clouds, and the wind patterns haven't shifted to our region." "Why?" And so on. Famous regressionists include: Paul Feyerabend. The opposite of Regressionism is Spiritualism.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regressionist
53 optimism, 46 faith, and 63 logic!

Huh, I don't know if I totally agree with this result.

Ryadai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Rationalist

67 optimism, 35 faith, and 75 logic!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Spiritualist
84 optimism, 75 faith, and 52 logic!
Spiritualists rely on faith more than anything else. They will always believe in a supernatural power over scientific reasoning. Although they may worship different deities (God, Allah, Buddah, Zeus, and so on), the underlying philosophy is the same. Most spiritualists will seek higher answers in religious works, rather than philosophical reflection, and they tend to be fiercely devoted to their beliefs, even when all evidence points against it.

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

You scored 84% on optimism, higher than 99% of your peers.

You scored 75% on faith, higher than 95% of your peers.

You scored 52% on logic, higher than 20% of your peers.

Hmm, looking at the results for optimist I see myself as a mix between these two. They both seem like me. I'm so torn. D:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your result for The What's Your Philosophy? Test ...
Regressionist
51 optimism, 50 faith, and 65 logic!

You scored 51% on optimism, higher than 19% of your peers.
You scored 50% on faith, higher than 44% of your peers.
You scored 65% on logic, higher than 62% of your peers.