• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test my prototype (and give feedback!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VagrantFarce

Also, in the second question, Te is so much more than just... "...having things organized, and when they are not, getting them organized." It involves efficiency, logic, productivity, monitoring of a situation, etc.

"Getting things organised" is pretty much an encapsulation of all those things anyway. :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First answer:
"...finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point." /
"...being responsible and taking care of other people's feelings, and for them to return the same."

Second answer:
"...getting in synch physically with whatever is happening, making me aware of the world in rich detail."

Result: ESTP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
"Getting things organised" is pretty much an encapsulation of all those things anyway. :)

I see what you mean, but still I relate to the larger definition of Te, not just the 'getting things organized' part, that's my opinion.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think that typing by dominant function first (the way you had it before) was a better approach than using the auxillary and teritary. However, I'd be interested to see a test that finds the inferior function first ('... makes me uncomfortable' or 'I dislike when people do ...' sort of thing).

VagrantFarce

I think that typing by dominant function first (the way you had it before) was a better approach than using the auxillary and teritary. However, I'd be interested to see a test that finds the inferior function first ('... makes me uncomfortable' or 'I dislike when people do ...' sort of thing).

I've tried doing dominant first, but I sensed that people were confusing the introverted and extraverted variants of each function. I might try the inferior thing. :)

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've tried doing dominant first, but I sensed that people were confusing the introverted and extraverted variants of each function. I might try the inferior thing. :)

My problem with the aux/teritary descriptions was that I couldn't identify with both parts of any of the descriptions. The question makes it seem like I'm supposed to use both equally. However, I never see any part of myself in any Ni descriptions, which may have something to do with it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'd be interested to see a test that finds the inferior function first ('... makes me uncomfortable' or 'I dislike when people do ...' sort of thing).

Yeah, I too think this would be a good idea.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I got INTJ.
Here's how I got it.

1.) Se is my weakest function.
2.) Te>Fe.

Interesting...

I'm an ENTP.
So I would have to say
a.) Si is my weakest function (not sure if it's weaker than Se..)
b.) Ti>Fi (true)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ. So, yeah, the test is fine. I often get INTJ rather than INFJ, simply because I don't relate to my secondary motivator being taking care of other peoples' feelings (and yes, I realize that's one element of Fe, but it's not the element I focus on as much..)

VagrantFarce

INTJ. So, yeah, the test is fine. I often get INTJ rather than INFJ, simply because I don't relate to my secondary motivator being taking care of other peoples' feelings (and yes, I realize that's Fe, but I don't view it quite that way..)

how do you view it?

seems other people are confusing ni with ne again :doh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how do you view it?

For me I think it's ultimately placing more focus/value/thought/effort on my relationships than on systems/efficiency, even though the latter can be important...just less so. But I really don't know that it would be helpful to change the Fe description, as many will be able to relate to it, and if you changed it, you'd then have a different group of people not relating to the new version. :) Ultimately you'll never have a set of questions that *everyone* identifies with.

VagrantFarce

But I really don't know that it would be helpful to change the Fe description, as many will be able to relate to it, and if you changed it, you'd then have a different group of people not relating to the new version. :) Ultimately you'll never have a set of questions that *everyone* identifies with.

Oh sure, I was just curious. :)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
The site doesn't work with me. Norton's getting angry with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.