• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test my prototype (and give feedback!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I scored INFJ on this one, which has so far been a pretty consistent score.*feels tempted to change his type*

It's all a conspiracy against you. :ninja:

I'm not even going to do this one, because you ripped the tertiary temptation for IS_P from lenoire thompson's site, and that description of tertiary temptation via Ni is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how anyone could ever relate to it.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
I think you might have mixed up INTJ/ISTJ with INFJ/ISFJ as one of the options was marring the soul which lead to the T and the other was about internal contradictions leading to F.

Nonetheless I scored INFJ according to your test. You may want to change the nature of your second question as most times a person loses confidence it is not due to the possible "mar[ring] of the soul" or "set-up by the Man" but more often due to confusion which the first and third multiple choice part of that question answered. Unless of course you want people to choose the answers of what the initial, often misplaced, blame for the withdrawal. Good luck and I hoped this helps.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I scored INFJ. I think that this is the second time.
I've scored ESFP twice and INFJ twice. Once I scored ISTP.
I'm not sure that I completely understood the second question so I went with "it makes no sense" as my answer.
:D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got INFJ on this one. Trying to test for type using inferior functions seems pretty strange....

wolfy

awsm
ISFP. I could have gone either way on the last. And the second one I've read before.

But I got ISFP.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
The second question really didn't make sense to me this time. I can't think of a time when I've any of those four options exactly... much less a regular train of thought. However I tried to answer the most logical.

1st time. ENFP
2nd time. ENTP

Meh. Back to the mistyped. I got all happy after the last round was correct!

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
INFP I don't think so

I am far too cynical ,and detached..

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
I got INFJ the first time around, but I was kind of conflicted on what to answer for #2. When I switched to my second-choice answer for #2, then I got INFP.

Critiques:

I don't think the first question should be worded "When I was young ..." I took that to mean "When I was a child" which got me all confused about how to answer because when I was a child I was ambiverted ... which is besides the point, but I think the wording for question #1 is imprecise and needs to be clearer. "Young" is kind of vague (either that, or I'm slow :))

I also agree with BlackCat that that description of tertiary Ni is really silly and needs to be rewritten.

Otherwise, this is a very interesting concept for a quick MBTI test. :)

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I got ISTP at first on this one, but then I realized that I just didn't like picking the first one, while it looked similar to what I would actually do. Then I got INTP.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I don't even understand this version. I selected the "sought to spend time by myself" (I over E, ok so far...), then I chose the "reliable concepts... barricade myself" (clearly SJ, right?), then I chose "tendency toward analysis and categorization" (T over F, right?) So, that should equal ISTJ.

But it's still coming up INTP. It's like there's no way I can take your test and NOT get INTP.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm not even going to do this one, because you ripped the tertiary temptation for IS_P from lenoire thompson's site, and that description of tertiary temptation via Ni is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how anyone could ever relate to it.

Out of curiosity, how do ISxPs experience tertiary temptation via Ni? I really relate to the description of Si tertiary temptation for INxPs, so I'm curious about how other types experience it. (A search turned up this thread ,which wasn't all that enlightening :D )

As for the new version of the test, I didn't try it because I recognized the content from the wiki (and I've been revisiting that page quite a bit in trying to understand what's been going on with me lately), but I don't much care for having to select a paragraph. I always get impatient with personality tests like that; it can be hard enough to select from one of four sentences that describe you (or even one of two words), and the longer the text becomes the more likely I am to see myself in several choices.

What I liked about the test before was that it was very quick, simple and easy. This one isn't. So, I preferred the previous format.

wolfy

awsm
It's all a conspiracy against you. :ninja:

I can relate to it, more in the past than now. Don't know how much that has to do with intuition though. I'm just a bit of a hippy in the way I think.

ISP deny the very existence of Ni in them. Which kind of proves they have Ni in them if you follow my convoluted circular logic.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I don't even understand this version. I selected the "sought to spend time by myself" (I over E, ok so far...), then I chose the "reliable concepts... barricade myself" (clearly SJ, right?), then I chose "tendency toward analysis and categorization" (T over F, right?) So, that should equal ISTJ.

But it's still coming up INTP. It's like there's no way I can take your test and NOT get INTP.

Ruthie, did you miss the setup for question 2? It's vital to how you answer the question: "When I'm lacking confidence, I tend to withdraw from the world by thinking..."

If you choose to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling confident, then you are SJ. This means using 'reliable concepts' is your utterly normal and healthy way of functioning.

Choosing to use 'reliable concepts' when you're feeling somewhat unconfident means that you're using it to protect and justify yourself. It's a shield, not a high-functioning tool.

According to Lenore Thomson (a type theorist), we often use our tertiary function as a justification for an ineffective course of action (or inaction). Si is the tertiary of an INxP... hence use of Si under stress/challenge is a sign that a person is an INxP.

Does the test make more sense now?

(BTW, Lenore argues that the healthy thing to do in these situations is for the INxP to try a bit of secondary Ne at this stage, to get out of the bunker they've built out of Ti/Fi-Si.)

Please note that the IxTJ's tertiary barrier is Fi. So an unconfident IxTJ falls into the trap where instead of getting out there and organising a path to deal with the world (secondary Te), they stay in the same place, saying that it's not true to their nature or it's against their values to do anything about whatever's bothering them (tertiary Fi).

You can read more about it here:
Tertiary Temptation

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Er...on this one I got ISFP and INFJ because of a leaning toward two choices on number 2.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
And this one finally types me as INTP on the first try, albeit with INFP as a close second.

Ah yes, and feedback:
I'm curious why you choose to type I/E firstly. While it may make function analysis from a perspective of a dominant/tertiary easier, I/E results in the smallest change of function order compared to a change in any of the other 3 dichotomies. As has been observed here, I/E can be one of the hardest preferences to determine and is often not the most stable starting point.

PS: Test yielded ENFP when I altered the first question to reflect extraversion.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I got INTP. If I choose the E option for the first question, none of the options in Question 2 resonate at all, not even slightly. (I'm not entirely sure I'm an introvert btw. I'm also not sure if I'm INTP although it's plausible.)

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESFJ...

I choose:
1. Internal contemplation made me restless and uneasy
2. ""Ok, then, I'll bluff..."
3. I want to be responsible and take care of other people's feelings.

For the third option, neither option applied to me.

EDIT: I was bored and tried this one: MBTI Prototype and it ended up giving me ENTP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My result: ESFP

My choices:
1. "When I was young..
...internal contemplation made me restless and uneasy, and made me yearn for activity."

2. "When I'm lacking confidence, I avoid having to not act on something by thinking...
"Unfair!! I have to stick to my guns, I will not be bullied or cheated. Any number of authorities agree with me. All my friends agree with me. Everyone can see that my response is directly mandated by the situation: anything else would be irresponsible. These facts absolutely settle the matter, and there is no point in looking at it any further."

3. Above all else...
...I easily get in synch physically with whatever is happening moment to moment, in order to make an impact."

I basically chose the best responses available. They didn't necessarily match, but they were the most appropriate ones compared to the rest.

Also, out of curiosity, why do you say "When I was young..." in the first question? Because had it been NOW, I would have reversed my decision for the first choice. To be honest, this test needs some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.