• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Signal Patterns: Musical Preferences

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your preferences are Intelligent, Inspiring, and Relaxing

Intelligent
You love music that's articulate, literate, worldly and wise

Inspiring
You love music that's uplifting, stimulating and makes you feel good to be alive.

Relaxing
You like music that calms you down and puts you at ease.

Romantic
You like music that's brimming with passion and sensuality.

Interestingly, on my "badge" my music was decribed as Forceful, Urban, Sophisticated, Earthy, and Smooth.

Signal Patterns | Psychology-based Personality and Music Preference Surveys, Tests and Quizzes

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Your musical preferences are: Relaxing, Romantic, and Inspiring.

Relaxing

You love music that calms you down and puts you at ease.

Romantic

You love music that's brimming with passion and sensuality.

Inspiring

You love music that's uplifting, stimulating and makes you feel good to be alive.

Intelligent

You love music that's articulate, literate, worldly and wise.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Agressive, Loud and Distorted :rock:

For some bizarre reason, of the five preferences on the badge, Forceful is displayed as the lowest preference and Sophisticated as the highest. I think they're all the wrong way around.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I took this one mostly based on my visceral reaction to the music. Let's see...

Good music:

Instrumental - You like music without vocals and lyrics.

Inspiring - You like music that's uplifting, stimulating, and makes you feel good to be alive.

Romantic - You like music that's brimming with passion and sensuality.

Relaxing - You like music that calms you down and puts you at ease.

Intelligent - You like music that's articulate, literate, worldly, and wise.

Neutral music:

Dense - You're indifferent to music that's heavy, not light and airy.

Sad - You're indifferent to music that makes you feel wistful, sorrowful, or melancholy.

Complex - You're indifferent to music that's intricate and must be heard more than once to take it all in.

Bad music:

Tempo - You don't like music that has a fast paced rhythm and speed.

Loud - You don't like music that's best when played at an ear-shattering volume.

Electrical - You don't like music with amplified instruments.

Percussive - You don't like music with a prominent drumbeat and strong vibrations.

Distorted - You don't like music with over-amped guitars, feedback, and other grimy sounds.

Aggressive - You don't like music that's hostile, belligerent and borderline violent.

Oh, and by the way... the badge doesn't measure the same preferences. There are dials up at the top that measure the ones the badge gives you. My strongest were Urban, Sophisticated. I was indifferent to Earthy. My weakest ones were Smooth and Forceful.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, and by the way... the badge doesn't measure the same preferences. There are dials up at the top that measure the ones the badge gives you. My strongest were Urban, Sophisticated. I was indifferent to Earthy. My weakest ones were Smooth and Forceful.

Assuming you were referring to my post... I know that. But I would hardly describe agressive, loud and distorted music as sophisticated and I would definitely describe it as forceful.

If you weren't, then oh well. Whoops :)

Last edited:
P

Phantonym

Inspiring - You like music that's uplifting, stimulating and makes you feel good to be alive.

Intelligent - You like music that's articulate, literate, worldly and wise.

On the badge, from the strongest to the weakest - Sophisticated, Earthy, Urban, Forceful, Smooth.

Shekhinah

Complex, "You like music that's intricate and must be heard more than once to take it all in".

Aggressive, "You like music that's hostile, belligerent and borderline violent".

Loud, "You like music that's best when played at an ear-shattering volume".

Tempo, "You like music that has a fast paced rhythm and speed".

The ones I didn't like are Sad, Relaxing, Electrical and Romantic. Obviously the others are in the "indifferent" part.

For the badge, from the strongest to the weakest: Smooth, Urban, Earthy + Sophisticated and then forceful.

I think 15 sec is pretty short though.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol i did the test and didnt want to register, so it didnt show the resaults. i hate it when people post this kind of tests here and not warn about that shit

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Your musical preferences are: Relaxing, Sad, and Romantic.

Next few were: Inspiring, Intelligent, Instrumental.

Ones I disliked most were: Aggressive, Distorted, Tempo, Loud, Electrical.

On the Badge I went (favourite to least): Sophisticated, Earthly, Smooth, Urban, Forceful

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
bildschirmfoto20091109u.png

Seems I have a pretty balanced sense for music, or none at all, lol.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lets see... Wow. Pretty much the opposite of Athenian. Following Athenian's format-

Good Music:

Tempo- You like music that has a fast paced rhythm and speed.

Electrical- You like music with amplified instruments.

Aggressive - You like music that's hostile, belligerent and borderline violent.

Distorted - You like music with over-amped guitars, feedback, and other grimy sounds.

Loud - You like music that's best when played at an ear-shattering volume.

Percussive - You like music with a prominent drumbeat and strong vibrations.

Dense - You like music that's heavy, not light and airy.

Neutral Music:

Instrumental - You're indifferent to music without vocals and lyrics.

Complex - You're indifferent to music that's intricate and must be heard more than once to take it all in.

Bad Music:

Inspiring - You don't like music that's uplifting, stimulating, and makes you feel good to be alive.

Romantic - You don't like music that's brimming with passion and sensuality.

Relaxing - You can't stand music that calms you down and puts you at ease.

Intelligent - You can't stand music that's articulate, literate, worldly, and wise.

Sad - You can't stand music that makes you feel wistful, sorrowful, or melancholy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol i did the test and didnt want to register, so it didnt show the resaults. i hate it when people post this kind of tests here and not warn about that shit

Whatever. You can take the test if you want to, or if you don't, don't. I have no responsibility to warn you. It's not like something bad would happen to you if you did. :shock:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever. You can take the test if you want to, or if you don't, don't. I have no responsibility to warn you. It's not like something bad would happen to you if you did. :shock:

He could just put in a fake email address, it gives you the results without really doing anything with the email.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good - Instrumental, Relaxing, Intelligent

Fair - Sad, Complex, Inspiring, Romantic

Bad - Tempo, Loud, Electrical, Percussive, Dense, Distorted, Aggressive

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

i did the test and didnt get resaults because i didnt want to give them my email address for spamming. enyway the test was bit bad for my musical taste since i like nearly eny genre if its a good band, and if its a bad band i dislike it very much no matter what the genre is.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good Music:

Sad - You like music that makes you feel wistful, sorrowful, or melancholy.

Intelligent - You like music that's articulate, literate, worldly and wise.

Complex - You like music that's intricate and must be heard more than once to take it all in.

Neutral Music:

Aggressive - You're indifferent to music that's hostile, belligerent and borderline violent.

Dense - You're indifferent to music that's heavy, not light and airy.

Percussive - You're indifferent to music with a prominent drumbeat and strong vibrations

Loud - You're indifferent to music that's best when played at an ear-shattering volume.

Distorted - You're indifferent to music with over-amped guitars, feedback, and other grimy sounds.

Bad Music:
Electrical- You don't like music with amplified instruments.

Inspiring - You don't like music that's uplifting, stimulating, and makes you feel good to be alive.

Romantic - You don't like music that's brimming with passion and sensuality.

Tempo - You don't like music that has a fast paced rhythm and speed.

Not a very good test. Their idea of sad and aggressive music is pathetic.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting!

Your musical preferences are: Romantic, Intelligent, and Relaxing.
292738_mbadge_full.jpg

Surprised "forceful" is maxed out, as I didn't like any of the hard rock stuff.
(The larger Flash field is not coming up, so I'm nt getting the rest of that information).

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've taken this before....pretty much none of the music I listen to is represented by it, and I couldn't stand hardly any of the samples provided, so the results were totally off.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The test was fun, but the samples were too generic to gage my tastes accurately....Most of it sounded like Muzak.

Your musical preferences are: Instrumental, Tempo, and Complex.

Instrumental
You like music without vocals and lyrics.

(Not true....most of their samples just didn't have vocals)

Tempo
You like music that has a fast paced rhythm and speed.

(Not true....I just didn't like their samples of slow songs...sounded like elevator music)

Complex
You like music that's intricate and must be heard more than once to take it all in.

(That's often true)

Loud
You like music that's best when played at an ear-shattering volume.

(All music sounds better loud!)