• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sloan / Global 5 test

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Extroversion |||||| 30%
Orderliness |||||||||||| 44%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||| 48%
Accommodation |||||||||||||| 56%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 62%​

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly flexible, random, scattered, and fun seeking at the expense of structure, reliability, work ethic, and long term accomplishment.

Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being calm and resilient and being anxious and reactive.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So exactly what is the definition of "complex"? I am, of course, referring to the question "I enjoy complex ideas." (Or something like that.)

I'm sure to some people, Bruckheimer movies, soap opera, and Go Dog Go are highly complex from an idea standpoint.

sassafrassquatch

Extroversion || 10%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Emotional Stability |||||||||| 38%
Accommodation |||| 18%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||| 54%

Global 5: sloan RLOEI; sloan+ |R|lOEi; primary Reserved; R(90%)L(62%)O(78%)E(82%)I(54%)

Extroversion results were very low which suggests you are extremely reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were low which suggests you are overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense too often of the well being of others.

Inquisitiveness results were medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Extroversion |||||||||||||| 58%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 54%
Accommodation |||||||||||| 50%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||| 60%
Accuracy:

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being calm and resilient and being anxious and reactive.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Very accurate except for the last line. Overall I am more practical than theoretical.

ygolo

My termites win
I thought I had posted my results earlier.

Extroversion |||||||||| 34%
Orderliness |||||||||||| 46%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||| 44%
Accommodation |||||||||||||| 54%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 82%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, structured, and self controlled while still remaining flexible, varied, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

You scored as introverted and intellectually curious. I recently started a discussion forum for introverted intellectuals, if interested visit introspectives.org

Global 5: sloan RLUAI; sloan+ rlua|I|; primary Inquisitive; R(66%)L(56%)U(54%)A(54%)I(82%)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what I'm seeing is that those with an NT combination are generally scoring Very High on Inquisitiveness. While those with an ST and NF combination generally score Medium to Medium High.

It is true that I restructured the questions in my head to make them more global. Such as the question about finding theoretical physics interesting, because I think that all of these questions should be more vaguely worded so the general principle is more clear. I felt the question should have been more like "I like to ponder the mysteries of the world" or something like that, to make it correlate better to N, regardless of an F preference. By wording it as theoretical physics, it's just too NT.

I am personally not heavily interested in science (at least not from a data collection standpoint), but I do enjoy pondering the elusive side of anything unknown.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
So what I'm seeing is that those with an NT combination are generally scoring Very High on Inquisitiveness. While those with an ST and NF combination generally score Medium to Medium High.

It is true that I restructured the questions in my head to make them more global. Such as the question about finding theoretical physics interesting, because I think that all of these questions should be more vaguely worded to appeal to everyone. I felt the question should have been more like "I like to ponder the mysteries of the world" or something like that, to make it correlate better to N, regardless of an F preference. By wording it as theoretical physics, it's just too NT.

Why do they associate inquisitiveness with intellectualism? That's seems a bit narrow minded as I know many curious people, myself included, that are fascinated by practical things but have little interest in say quantum physics ...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do they associate inquisitiveness with intellectualism? That's seems a bit narrow minded as I know many curious people, myself included, that are fascinated by practical things but have little interest in say quantum physics ...

I agree. In terms of MBTI, I think curiosity and inquisitiveness is common in every type, but what distinguishes S from N curiosity is the level of practicality and the concreteness of the subject.

Also, curiosity decreases with age, but theoretically, a person's true type remains the same.

EDIT: The FFM sometimes labels Inquisitiveness as Openness to Experience or Open-Mindedness, correlating it to N, but SPs are said to be very open-minded to new experiences, while NJs are often closed-minded and stubborn. So it becomes clear that the Open-Mindedness vs. Narrow-Mindedness in the FFM correlates to P vs. J, as well.

I would say that when correlating the FFM Openness dichotomy with the MBTI, NPs would score High Openness, SPs and NJs would be closer to Medium or Medium-High Openness, and the SJs would score on Low Openness. In the case of SP and NJ, SP would likely score higher in the Adventurousness and Aesthetic Interests subfactors, while NJ would score higher on Imaginative and Intellectual (which covers playfulness of ideas) subfactor. Ts will also probably score higher in the Intellectual subfactor. I would also suspect that an F preference could also score lower on Openness because they can often be closed-minded, since they tend to live by values and are less willing to change them.

EDIT: And I almost forgot, the FFM Openness factor also slightly correlates to F because it covers the Emotionality subfactor.

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroversion |||||| 26%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 68%
Emotional Stability |||||||||| 40%
Accommodation |||||||||||| 46%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 62%

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

You scored as introverted and intellectually curious.

Global 5: sloan RLOEI; sloan+ |R|lOei; primary Reserved; R(74%)L(60%)O(68%)E(54%)I(62%)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:cry: I personally think that there's a bias to the test- I'm not incurious- I ask a lot of questions and am fascinated by different languages and cultures and such, I just don't really like philosophy or anything involving math! :boohoo:

It seems rather unfair to say that a person isn't inquisitive just because they aren't interested in those specific pursuits :steam:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
:cry: I personally think that there's a bias to the test- I'm not incurious- I ask a lot of questions and am fascinated by different languages and cultures and such, I just don't really like philosophy or anything involving math! :boohoo:

It seems rather unfair to say that a person isn't inquisitive just because they aren't interested in those specific pursuits :steam:

Precisely.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

To be fair, I don't think N's are necessarily interested in philosophy, either. I have my own personal philosophical beliefs, but I don't see why I should care about the beliefs of people who have long since been dead, or even whether I share the beliefs of those persons. Really, what's the point of reading the beliefs of another if you share similar beliefs?

With that said, I think the Big 5 is horribly biased, also, far more biased than the MBTI. In fact, I think it's the Big 5's correlation with the MBTI (even though the Inquisitiveness/Openness is not that correlated to S/N) that creates a bias in the MBTI community.

And I truthfully don't think any type is truly open-minded or willing to change, because it's natural to fear the unknown. In fact, I would suspect that people who think are the ones more likely to fear the unknown.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
To be fair, I don't think N's are necessarily interested in philosophy, either. I have my own personal philosophical beliefs, but I don't see why I should care about the beliefs of people who have long since been dead, or even whether I share the beliefs of those persons. Really, what's the point of reading the beliefs of another if you share similar beliefs?

With that said, I think the Big 5 is horribly biased, also, far more biased than the MBTI. In fact, I think it's the Big 5's correlation with the MBTI (even though the Inquisitiveness/Openness is not that correlated to S/N) that creates a bias in the MBTI community.

And I truthfully don't think any type is truly open-minded or willing to change, because it's natural to fear the unknown. In fact, I would suspect that people who think are the ones more likely to fear the unknown.

You raised a good point which brings me to the following: Is it me, or do those that are strongly intellectual seem to have more phobias than the average person?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You raised a good point which brings me to the following: Is it me, or do those that are strongly intellectual seem to have more phobias than the average person?

Yes! And I also think that an N is more likely to be diagnosed with psychiatric disorders and/or have a break from reality, Ns are also more likely to engage in magical thinking. Ns, by nature, aren't realists.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Yes! And I also think that an N is more likely to be diagnosed with psychiatric disorders and/or have a break from reality, Ns are also more likely to engage in magical thinking. Ns, by nature, aren't realists.

Now that you mention it, I cannot recall any prolific scientists, inventors, authors, and other creative/intellectual types whose personalities could be considered "normal".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sooo... the psych hospital is full of Ns and the jails are full of Ss? :huh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Correct.

Except I would add that the psych hospitals are full of NPs and the prisons are full of SPs. My reason for this conclusion is, allegedly two characteristics of the perceiving preference are: Care-free & Spontaneous. (Judging or Perceiving Preference)

For some odd reason society frowns on the carefree and spontaneous ... :devil:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

There's a good way of putting it.

NPs are at the psychiatric hospitals, NJs are reclusive hermits that everyone is intimidated by. SPs are in either jail or in the emergency room for getting themselves injured in some sort of reckless stunt. NJs also go to jail because they're megalomaniacs...and, I might add, they're probably the ones who get executed for their crimes! ;)

And the SJs, of course, are the do-gooders who get the moré or law breakers committed or sentenced!

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Extroversion |||||||||||||| 56%
Orderliness |||||||||||||| 54%
Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 60%
Accommodation |||||||||||||| 56%
Inquisitiveness |||||||||||| 50%

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, structured, and self controlled while still remaining flexible, varied, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were medium which suggests you are moderately intellectual, curious, and imaginative.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Extroversion 34%
Orderliness 46%
Emotional Stability 78%
Accommodation 56%
Inquisitiveness 70%

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Emotional Stability results were high which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Global 5: sloan RCUAI; sloan+ r|C|uaI; primary Calm; R(66%)C(78%)U(54%)A(56%)I(70%)

I bolded the items I identified with

avoidant, often late, patient, rarely prepared, non-aggressive, slow to judge others, withdrawn, unconcerned with image, relaxed, avoids crowds, easy going, not demanding, low maintenance, unambitious, not domineering, private, thinks before acting, concerned with the feelings of others, not wild and crazy, not controlling, does not like to show anger, hard to offend, dislikes the spotlight, uninterested in leading, not competitive, overly nice, not physically affectionate with most people, not bothered by disorder, level emotions, does not second guess self, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, not picky about food, not relationship obsessed, unproductive, unimposing, plain in appearance, disorganized, loner, lower energy level, very curious, uninterested in prestige/fame, not superficial, likes difficult reading material, does not get worked up about most things, fearless, flexible, trusting, does not stick to plans, easily distracted, interested in science, unconcerned that people have trouble reading them, a good loser, modest, not swayed by emotions

cheers,
Ian