• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Johari/Nohari [ -> Harikari? ] Charts

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There was an interesting grid developed in the 50's, to compare one's self-assessment with how one is truly perceived by others.

(Read more about the Johari window.)

There's an online test w/ database for both the Johari (positive) and Nohari (negative) windows that you can take and store your results, then have others go to your link and describe you as well.

- Johari test
- Nohari test

If you do this test, feel free to post the links to your particular pages in this thread so that others can offer their own feedback/descriptions and help you see yourself from another angle.

If you'd like to discuss the Johari/Nohari windows, feel free to post here as well.

Note: Obviously the Nohari is a negative assessment of oneself (i.e., weaknesses). If the idea of getting some [constructive] criticism bothers you, feel free to just do the positive Johari window.

Last edited:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh wow... I'm finding it really harsh to do the Nohari ones for the rest of you. I just want to say it's a process of elimination, not "you're soooo this". :cry:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I would encourage everyone to fill these out*. It doens't take long and it sure is interesting :D

(On the other hand, I am probably not going to fill out my own ;) )

* - Edit: I mean, fill out the ones posted...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know what amazes me (just looking at the Nohari for a moment) are:

(1) the things I see as weak inside myself that no one else seems to notice (!)
(2) the things that others agree on from the outside, that just did not cross my mind, really.

(For example, "panicky." I would have never thought it, but once y'all said it, I could take a look from the outside and realize why that could really come across to people... and maybe in some ways I do get panicky/unstable outwardly, even if inwardly I'm not nearly as panicky as I'm acting.)

Anyway... neat. :)

I would encourage everyone to fill these out*. It doens't take long and it sure is interesting :D
(On the other hand, I am probably not going to fill out my own ;) )

Anyone out there want to take a shot at being gatsby? :D It doesn't take long and sure to be interesting!

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
There was an interesting grid developed in the 50's, to compare one's self-assessment with how one is truly perceived by others.

(Read more about the Johari window.)

I'd never heard of this until a few months ago, and then it was mentioned at my uncles wake of all things. Back in the early 70s he wrote and directed a movie at Carleton University called "The Johari Window" which was promptly blacklisted and pulled because it was too controversial.

OK I've done it.

Interactive Johari Window - Describe Natrushka
The Nohari Window - Describe Natrushka

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
The Nohari ones that surprise me the most are the cold, withdrawn, needy, and insecure. I wonder how I've given people these impressions!

Not really surprised with the rest.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
The Nohari ones that surprise me the most are the cold, withdrawn, needy, and insecure. I wonder how I've given people these impressions!

On behalf of all 'voters': You asked that people be anonymous, so do you want the people who picked those things to tell you why or...?

Incidentally, I would like to reiterate that for me it's been a painful process of elimination so far rather than an eager zoning in on weaknesses I always wanted to tell people that they had.

(Of course, I'm hostile enough to have told them already. :whistling: :doh: ;))

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Incidentally, I would like to reiterate that for me it's been a painful process of elimination so far rather than an eager zoning in on weaknesses I always wanted to tell people that they had.

Uh huh. I tried very hard to be fair and step outside my own "type identity" -- i.e., not just having knee-jerk reactions against people who are different than me and have traits that might personally grate on me. But I still did feel somewhat bad about pointing things out.

Then again, that's why I went first. :devil:

(Of course, I'm hostile enough to have told them already. :whistling: :doh: ;))

And violent too. (don't forget that.)

Here's an odd one. In my Johari window, I don't have anything under "facade." I guess that is good...? (i.e., there is nothing so far that I know/think about myself that others do not see?)