• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your IQ score?

What is your IQ score?

• Total voters

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i'm scrolling through my notebook, and man, i'am SO stupid. but being deluded is one hell of an amazing complexity. you just can't really appreciate the overwhelming depth of samsara, until you look at it from the ceiling.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Most reasonable indicator to one having a high IQ is, if one had he wouldnt be here !

Or would he especially then ? No wait, lemme rethink that

deleted
To Evan: you really think it's impossible to get more than 160 on an IQ test? No, it is considered unlikely.

I did not say I had a higher IQ than 29999/30000 of people. What do you define as IQ? Do you know how it works? Then don't try to assume those statistics mean anything.

Maybe you will point me in the direction of the best possible IQ test and that will be our ultimatum for who is smarter.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My youngest took several online tests. I was rather surprised he was getting in the 140-150 range.

Now he just has to smarten himself up to maximise his full potential or not.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Maybe you will point me in the direction of the best possible IQ test and that will be our ultimatum for who is smarter.

main recognized IQ test is the Stanfurd - Binet IQ test.

Its most accurate when administered professionally when you are around 8 years old.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
main recognized IQ test is the Stanfurd - Binet IQ test.

Its most accurate when administered professionally when you are around 8 years old.

Well that settles it. First one to build a time machine, travel to when they are 8, order themself to take a professionally administered Stanfurd - Binet IQ test and score above 160 on it will be declared smartest.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
1. No, I don't think so. There are many knowledgeable and stupid people out there. There is no correlation between knowledge you've gathered and the cognitive processes (quick thinking), and there's very small correlation between knowledge and...

Eh, that's not true. On average, crystallized and fluid intelligence have a good correlation. If you need, I can find you the source.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To Evan: you really think it's impossible to get more than 160 on an IQ test? No, it is considered unlikely.

It's impossible in most test, since very few can measure those heights above 160 because of the small sample. Check out the Titan or Giga Society's tests if you're interested :)

Eh, that's not true. On average, crystallized and fluid intelligence have a good correlation. If you need, I can find you the source.

Yes, I was too quick to judge this part as others have already pointed out.

(that's Stanford-Binet btw)

sculpting

so I am okay smart-like 130 when I was 29. (125 verbal/135 abstract)
My ex-husband ISTP has a very high IQ-above 140 and exceptional at the abstract.

I have a MS in biophysics, am in Marketing, and am getting close to six figures.
He was unemployed for many years, took five years to get out of high school and has been let go from several jobs after he told off his bosses. Now he is getting close to six figures as an independent tattoo artist.

Our 13 year old tested at 99.9% for abstract IQ but at the negative 3rd standard deviation for attentional focus when he was nine.

Point 1-high IQ does not equal lots of money.
Point 2-abstract IQ appears to be inherited as my son did not get the abstract IQ from me.

Point 3-I feel as often have no real point, but instead just post endless rambles
Point4-Sort of like peotry or porse, except often I am trying to make a point
Point5-But then I lose people as I stagger drunkenly from point to point
Point6-My entp friend often wonders how I pay my bills or remain employed
Point6-After I just engineered an entire new social structure at work, which I will tell her about over lunch
Point7-there were two point sixes.
Point8-Hypothyroidism can lower your IQ score by upwards of 20 points due to lack of energy supplied to the brain.

deleted
It's impossible in most test, since very few can measure those heights above 160 because of the small sample.

I am unsure of what you mean by most tests. I have taken a number of tests offered on campuses and publicized websites and gotten within 140-165 depending on my mood.

Check out the Titan or Giga Society's tests if you're interested :)

I am not interested, but thank you.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Point 2-abstract IQ appears to be inherited as my son did not get the abstract IQ from me.

That's weird, because most research has pointed in the direction that brainpower is inherited mostly from the mother. There's nothing conclusive yet, though.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
That's weird, because most research has pointed in the direction that brainpower is inherited mostly from the mother. There's nothing conclusive yet, though.

Lol .. Are you having a laugh. :D

I would love to say i was incredibly smart but just above average does me fine. Whereas my 12 year old, who is an egotistical little bugger* is in the 140-150 range.

Now if brainpower can skip a generation and i can say my sons abilities are down to my father then spot on as my dad is an incredibly smart/knowledgable man.

Well .. He got it from my side of the family so that will do. Lol

* Still love him though

redacted

I did not say I had a higher IQ than 29999/30000 of people. What do you define as IQ? Do you know how it works? Then don't try to assume those statistics mean anything.

I was saying that it's essentially impossible for everyone on this thread to have a 160 IQ. I was responding to a hypothetical.

LEGERdeMAIN

Since no one here has taken the same IQ test, I googled IQ test and took the first four tests. I'm thinking that if everyone else takes those same four tests, we can at least determine who is at the top of this food chain. I only took each test once and I drank coffee for the first test, smoked a funny cigarette for the second and for the third and fourth I listened to bill hicks and david cross, respectively. I suggest doing the same, for the sake of something.

Dear Maybelogic,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 140

You may login at IQTest.com at any time to view your score, purchase your Complete Personal Intelligence Profile or The Consciousness Exercises, or edit your account settings:

Login email: XXXX
Password: XXXX

Regards,
The Team at IQTest.com

Personalized IQ report for maybe logic !
Your age adjusted IQ score is 126 and the average score of all test takers is 100.
Your IQ score is the result of a formula based on the number of questions answered correctly on the test. This score has been further adjusted to account for the differences in capabilities among various age groups.

maybe logic, your IQ is 132
What does this mean?

Based on the answers you gave, we calculated your IQ to be 132,

Conclusions?:

-Listening to david cross while testing can raise one's IQ slightly, but only immediately after listening to bill hicks.

-Smoking and listening to bill hicks negatively impacts one's IQ.

ygolo

My termites win
What if I estimate my IQ to be 3? There was no option for that. I was smart enough to figure that much out. Yay me!

OK. So I will make my standard comments when it comes to IQ.

Why are people so worried about peoples IQs? Because they believe it to be a determinant of how far you will go in life? Hardly. IQ is a good predictor to be sure, but that is because very few actually do what it takes to achieve excellence. Most people are just average at the things they do with slight variations due to IQ.

Examples of people practicing and improving IQ abound. Even those Raven's Progressive Matrices (the most g loaded) can be practiced. Though, I don't really see the benefit of increasing your IQ scores directly. IQ can increase for various other reasons that represent real progress...overcoming a learning disability, changing a predominantly negative mindset when it comes to cognitively difficult tasks, improved nutrition, better sleep hygiene, etc.

I still maintain that continued deliberate practice is what leads to human excellence. IQ may be a good measure on average. But those that aspire to be excellent at something should look into the research of Anders Ericsson, on what makes good practice vs. bad.

For instance in chess, past a certain point, the hours of study of positions is the best predictor of chess rating...while hours playing social and blitz chess is virtually meaningless as a predictor (and can even be detrimental).

For those specifically interested in excellence in science (and to some extent technology), art, and leadership, the research of Dean Keith Simonton is good.

One of his key findings:
Although at least a moderately high IQ is important for the achievement of eminence, statistical analyses demonstrate that intelligence accounts for only about 4-5 percent of the variance in measures of cultural eminence. Developmental, motivational and personality factors seem to matter a great deal more. Thus, very intelligent people do not necessarily accomplish great things (Simonton, 1999a; Simonton, personal communication, July 5, 2003)

http://projects.ict.usc.edu/itw/gel/EricssonDeliberatePracticePR93.pdf
Human Intelligence: Dean Keith Simonton

Also, I wasn't able to find the list of professions and IQ ranges again. But an average IQ is no barrier to entry in most fields (notable exceptions being Doctors and Lawyers)...and with an IQ of about 120 or above, you don't need to worry about any profession.

Get over your IQ obsession people. There are other things more important (and more changeable) that determine success.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Get over your IQ obsession people. There are other things more important (and more changeable) that determine success.

Plus, there's also emotional IQ which is just as, or more, important possibly...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Actually, I've heard the best balance for success is high enough to be able do what you need, but low enough that you've learnt to work hard. I think the optimal range was 110-120 maybe.

deleted
I was saying that it's essentially impossible for everyone on this thread to have a 160 IQ. I was responding to a hypothetical.

Well that's fine. I honestly don't think my real IQ (whatever that means) is really that high, but who can be certain? It could very well be within that range.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) Accurately measuring intelligence is impossible as one cannot fully understand one's mind. Here's a nice quote by Lao Tzu I've always referred to for many situations:

"knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom"