• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

InQ Thinking Styles Test-- Harrison and Bramson

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Synth 46
Ideal 56
Pragma 61
Anal 53
Real 54

:eek:

I have no idea really. This question format was awful. Holding that much crap in my head long enough to organize it was a huge pain. Take this result with a grain of salt.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Synth 46
Ideal 56
Pragma 61
Anal 53
Real 54

:eek:

I have no idea really. This question format was awful. Holding that much crap in my head long enough to organize it was a huge pain. Take this result with a grain of salt.

If NTFS translates to ENTP, then I would say Pragmatist correlates well with that. The only thing remaining is to consult the book. Pragmatist strategies work well with business ownership, as I recall. (An old ENTP friend of mine eventually founded his own business.) They use contingency as a strategy and avoid all-or-nothing thinking. They are also highly anecdotal.

Edit - Pragmatists are Piecemeal, they move One Step at a Time (incrementalism), they are diplomatic, they prefer Experiment and Innovation, and they Look for a Quick Payoff.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
If NTFS translates to ENTP, then I would say Pragmatist correlates well with that. The only thing remaining is to consult the book. Pragmatist strategies work well with business ownership, as I recall. (An old ENTP friend of mine eventually founded his own business.) They use contingency as a strategy and avoid all-or-nothing thinking. They are also highly anecdotal.

Edit - Pragmatists are Piecemeal, they move One Step at a Time (incrementalism), they are diplomatic, they prefer Experiment and Innovation, and they Look for a Quick Payoff.
Meh, it's just a silly computer joke. I don't think that describes me any better than any of the other ones, really.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meh, it's just a silly computer joke. I don't think that describes me any better than any of the other ones, really.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention it also describes the Pragmatist as an Energizer Bunny.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SYNTHESIST 59
IDEALIST 62
PRAGMATIST 58
ANALYST 51
REALIST 40

I see a lot of synthesist-idealist in me. I respect my synthesist thinking more, but I do see a lot of idealist in me. My pragmatic scores ought to be lower. Not surprised my realist scores are so low lol

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
58 Pragmatist
56 Idealist
54 Realist
53 Analyst
49 Synthesist

I can't really see that if there wasn't a graph; I'm thinking it's rather flat?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
64 Synthesist
60 Pragmatist
52 Realist
51 Idealist
43 Analyst <- not heh

Synthesist/Pragmatist it seems.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know whether or not I'm good at these kind of tests. I kind of feel like I don't put enough thought into them, but I probably put too much thought into them, and I question often whether my answers are accurate or not. That being said, my results are as follows.

1) Pragmatist – 59
2) Realist – 58
3) Analyst – 55
4) Idealist – 51
5) Synthesist – 47

Best definitions for the top three (which are about equal and could thus be assumed to be the ones that matter most)...

1) A practical, matter-of-fact way of approaching or assessing situations or of solving problems.
2) One who is inclined to literal truth and pragmatism.
3) A person who analyses or is skilled in analysis.

I suppose these are all valid and fitting. I tend to rely on a high level of pragmatism/realism in practice, but tend to be more idealistic/imaginative in theory. Theory is also more important to me than practice – but it seems this test focused more on practice then theory.

Or, at least, that's my take on it.

Synthesis Realist Combo

Jaguar - do u know of information specific to syn/real combo, as well as why it might b such a rare combo?... thx

anyone know why synthesis/realist combo is rarest, as well as know of info specific to this combo?...

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm.. interesting!

57 Synthesist
38 Idealist
66 Pragmatist
57 Analyst
52 Realist

Pragmatist peak.
Given the wording of the test questions, I treated them as hypothetical "work" situations (i.e. possibly unenjoyable, possibly required to work in a team.) Overall not a situation I want to be in for any longer than I must. :p
Synth/Analyst would probably be how I approach situations when the topic is more interesting to me.

á´…eparted

passages
what I do know is that I am a conceptualizer.

dJu0LrM.png

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
47 Synthesis
50 Idealist
55 Pragmatist