• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ballerina Right Brain / Left Brain Test + MBTI

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the initial direction succeeds in diagnosing your current state of mind. that's what it claims to do.
No. It claims to state whether you are left brained or right brained.
If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.
How the hell does it know that you use more of the right side or the left. What if by chance you were using the side you don't usually use when looking at the ballerina. Then we have a problem don't we. It would say you use more of this side when in actual fact, you use more of the other side. It doesn't say anything about the 'current' state of mind.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
No. It claims to state whether you are left brained or right brained.
not what i read in various german sources. you have the original source of this thing?

it's just this thread, that makes this claim, god knows where mystic pulled that table from...
and for sure there are a lot of journalistic resellings of this topic. we know, they never get science right.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
3 copies of the same text.... count this thread and its four sources ;)
lets google for the exact same text and find 30 other copies.

well, whatever the original claim, it can be trusted for what it actually does.
I just finished a piece of art. I look at the girl and she's moving clockwise.
I just solved a math problem. I look at the girl and she's moving anti-clockwise.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
How do you know if it actually depends on which 'side' of your brain you use more, or on your state of mind, or simply on what you expect it to be?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
because i cant expect it otherwise?
i mean i know this thing since months and anytime i stumble on it, without warning (text indication of what this or that link will go to), it's clockwise

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3 copies of the same text.... count this thread and its four sources ;)

well, whatever the claim, it can be trusted for what it actually does.
Well at least we know it's the original copy of whoever made it.

It can be trusted for what it does but not what the claims say it does.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How do you know if it actually depends on which 'side' of your brain you use more, or on your state of mind, or simply on what you expect it to be?

on what you expect it to be? That's why you should go with your initial response - you haven't had enough time to really think about what you expect it to be. At least I didn't.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
on what you expect it to be? That's why you should go with your initial response - you haven't had enough time to really think about what you expect it to be. At least I didn't.

My initial response isn't consistent. I can't remember which way I saw it going when I first saw it (it was a rather long time ago), but I do remember that I could change it at will, or it would seem to change without warning. The reason I brought up expectation was Ragingkatsuki's post about state of mind. Perhaps there's something similar to the placebo effect at work here?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pfft. I really, really, think this has absolutely no merit. How is some trick of perception related in any way to how I think? Is it clockwise looking from the bottom or from the top? Tsk, tsk, ambiguity.

In any case, I can see the dancer turning both ways, so there. You just have to decide when the outer foot is close to you or far away from you.

first time I looked at it was going counter clockwise. I blinked and it was then going clockwise. Freaky tho.

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Haha that is so strange. First it was anti-clockwise and then changed to clockwise.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
At first it was clockwise.

However If you want to make her go the other way around you have to focus on watching her legs. If you "cut" the upper half out of the window/sight this effect will become more noticeable. (at least that is how it is in my case)

However I am surely left-brained.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Clockwise.

I can't make her go anti-clockwise! How do you do it?

Is it like those magic eye puzzles (which I'm crap at BTW)?

Honestly, after thinking about it for five minutes--I came to the conclusion that whatever you're thinking about pretty much determines which direction you see her going. When I left my second comment I was in deep thought, but when I looked at her again she was going counter-clockwise. When I opened up this thread 300 hours later, I was debating with someone and I saw her spinning counter-clockwise. I then read the new comments, laughed and looked again and saw her going clockwise. I noticed that when I'm being emotional (even slightly) I see her going clockwise... otherwise... Well, for me at least.

But then again, I am also tired. Nevermind, forget what I said.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I see her going clockwise. I suppose my intuition is stronger than my logic?

That would make me more of an ENTP, which I don't think I am.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Clockwise. But I've looked into it and don't see any good evidence for the right hemisphere/left hemisphere personality theory. Specific areas of the brain are more effective in some people than others, and some people, e.g. dyslexics, use parts of the brain that aren't as helpful when performing certain tasks (they try to read with a part of the brain that perceives things as whole pictures and not as sequences), but that doesn't mean most people favour one entire hemisphere over the other.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
lol, i can only see it turning clockwise, that's weird :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haven't really read all the posts, but if you focus on the heel, you can make the dancer shift every half-turn. Just saying. Once you've done that, extend your focus to the whole dancer but with the heel in your peripheral line of vision, and you can do it without focusing on the heel.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
At first it was counterclockwise then I switched it to clockwise. Interesting.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
First in was counter-clockwise, I scrolled down, read a few posts, then it was clockwise.

Then I tried to initiate Te, while looking away. It went counter-clockwise, similar results with Fi, when it got back to clockwise. It hasn't changed since.

It has always been clockwise when I've seen it before. Interesting how it was different this time around. Now it is again going solidly clockwise though.