• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ballerina Right Brain / Left Brain Test + MBTI

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
I saw clockwise at first, then counterclockwise a few minutes later.

Neither is official, being a silhouette, it loses some depth information.
Being a recognisable shape, the brain feels compelled to guess the missing information. In this case there are two possible interpretations, the axis of rotation is either leaning toward or away from the viewer. Clockwise for toward and anticlockwise for away.

I don't think it a coincidence that they chose a female form.

Edit: I'm not sure how helpful this is, but sometimes I can get her to turn the other way by placing my hand palm forward in front of the image leaning either toward or away from me, then moving it away.

nothappy

I saw it both ways, but it's inconsistent...
It rotated twice left, turned right, and I couldn't rotate it left again, and then i looked at the picture again, and it repeats...
Okay now it keeps going left.

I kinda mastered how to change it for a while, but then it went back to,

oh noes! I can't control this...

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
it isn't a "trick", if you're seeing the supporting foot change directions then you're simply changing the direction you're perceiving it... it's a silhouette and the foot always goes from lower left to upper right.

we see the black shape and our spatial mind gives it depth even though it has none. an easy way to change the direction to determine whether the leg sticking out is in "front" or "behind" as it crosses the vertical leg... alternate that and it will change directions.

If you can see her turning both ways, you are likely to have a high IQ.

i can see it going either directions but my spacial iq is significantly higher than my regular one

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
At first, I saw clockwise direction. Then shortly after, she turned anti-clockwise (left-to-right)

My sister could also change her direction at will. She could see her change direction on every other turn. That is so freaky. But she's INFP.

And after staring at if for another minute, I can now manipulate and control her direction.

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ
I saw it counter-clockwise at first and then I was able to change back and forth. Definetly not a trick as my GF would look at the same time and see it turning a different direction than me.

Trobon

MBTI Type
INTJ
whoa... I just tried it again and I can get her to go back and forth she'll go one way half way and then turn back and swing the other way. I can make it so her back is never facing me properly. Wierd.

redacted

does the direction change? i saw counterclockwise then alt+tabbed to an IM window, and then it was clockwise...

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
An easy way to see it both ways is to instead of thinking about her revolving, think that she's just swinging her foot left to right in front of her.

Of course that means her leg switches from being the left to the right one, but we're all friends here.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I have seen this a bunch of times (was sent to me at work this week, even). I always see her clockwise at first, but I can see it both ways if I'm patient and kind of look past the image for a little while. Most of my co-workers saw her going counter-clockwise. It probably doesn't really indicat brain hemisphere dominance, though (because that's not really how the brain is organized, says my neuroscientist ex boyfriend).

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
it feels to me like the image is scripted to actually rotate in a different direction at random intervals.

That doesn't really make sense when anybody can change the direction in their own mind at any point. I was going back and forth at my own pace, seeing what I wanted to see when I wanted to see it. It's a completely logical anomaly that it should work, the only thing that suffers is the perspective, ie. the leg should look smaller when behind her and larger when in front of her.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test

1192119673816ji2.gif

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

1.uses logic

2.detail oriented

3.facts rule

4.words and language

5.present and past

6.math and science

7.can comprehend

8.knowing

9.acknowledges

10.order/pattern perception

11.knows object name

12.reality based

13.forms strategies

14.practical

15.safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

1.uses feeling

2."big picture" oriented

3.imagination rules

4.symbols and images

5.present and future

6.philosophy & religion

7.can "get it" (i.e. meaning)

8.believes

9.appreciates

10.spatial perception

11.knows object function

12.fantasy based

13.presents possibilities

14.impetuous

15.risk taking

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I was under the impression that this wasn't a test for left or right brain dominance.

In any case I've seen this before. The woman spins clockwise for me initially, switching to counter-clockwise and changing backwards and forwards randomly, spending most of its time spinning counter clockwise.

And I can change it easily. Took a while to do that though. What can I say? I get fascinated by odd things.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Clockwise for me, though after trying to see it anti-clockwise, failing, and scrolling down the page and looking back it changed to anti-clockwise and then clockwise and then I could suddenly see both at every half-turn.

And after breaking the puzzle, I found that if I looked at the figure's top half, I could make her go clockwise all the time, and anti-clockwise as soon as I watched the feet.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Clockwise for me, though after trying to see it anti-clockwise, failing, and scrolling down the page and looking back it changed to anti-clockwise and then clockwise and then I could suddenly see both at every half-turn.

And after breaking the puzzle, I found that if I looked at the figure's top half, I could make her go clockwise all the time, and anti-clockwise as soon as I watched the feet.
Aw, that's just not fair. :D It takes me forever to force her counterclockwise.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Seen this test before and no matter what I do, it turns clockwise.

That test is a joke isn't it ? I mean if you focus on certain qualities of the female population she has also, you always see them turn clockwise.

I dont get it :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh I saw her turn anti-clockwise. Haha, whats going on, gif manipulation ?! :D

G

Ginkgo

Spinning-lady-5693171.gif

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hemisphere_functions.gif

Do your dominant functions coincide with your Ballerina test result?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I are in my right mind!!!! :2ar15: I swear. :wacko:You don't believe me? :vader1:

Makes so much sense with the Ne and Fi. Also might explain why I like SPs - they have Se with either Fi or Ti.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get both. It keeps changing direction every time I see it. I can also easily change it at will.