• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ballerina Right Brain / Left Brain Test + MBTI

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried both those things and still never see her doing anything but clockwise. I see how it's possible to see either in theory, but when it's actually moving in front of me all I can see is clockwise.

You can try turning your monitor upside down! :D

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I originally saw it going both ways, then I tried to figure out which way it was really going, and became stuck on counter-clockwise. Then I figured out the trick and can now choose which way I want to see it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is so awesomely trippy! Cool beyond words. My initial response was to see her turning clockwise, then i looked at the shadow of her feet and she switched direction when i looked back at her. Then if i focus on the foot shadow on the floor i play a mind game in which she alternates. What an awesomely beautiful dance. w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! :party2:

/goes back to do it again and practice getting her to alternate on command ;)

cool cool cool - i came up with a technique! Tilt your head to the right and she goes clockwise, shut your eyes and tilt left, then she goes counter, rinse and repeat. One more help. Focus on the tip of her leading foot to control the direction of her rotation. Squinting helps to if your brain gets stuck in one mode or the other. It's based on your assumption as to when her leg crosses in front and behind. Alternating that assumption is what alternates her rotation. Some reason squinting helps throw off the given assumption on that.

I originally saw it going both ways, then I tried to figure out which way it was really going, and became stuck on counter-clockwise. Then I figured out the trick and can now choose which way I want to see it.
That's an interesting statement. I would never have asked that question. She is really going both directions at once. Maybe that is letting go of logic and embracing the truth of the absurd?

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I saw it going clock wise but I look hard enough at the shadow of her foot until I saw it going counter-clock wise and than I was able to see the body move on that direction too.:D

OK I also tried closing my eyes and just looking with one at a time and it worked too.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I saw both. But for statistics, the correlation doesn't convince.

Incidentally, I hear that if one's hand is bigger than his face...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looked at it again -- looking at the shadow for a couple of seconds made her go counter-clockwise.

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
I can see it both ways.

I can't yet control which way I see it.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
It was going clockwise at first, but then I closed the window for a second to read something, and I went back and it was going counter-clockwise for about five seconds before suddenly switching. Thats weird :shock:

Now its stuck counter clockwise... and now its changing every time I look again.

And for the record, there is no doubt in my mind I am "right brained" anyway...

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I made some of the guys at our office look at this picture (that quickly turned into a congregation) and most of the guys were disputing that the picture would change itself to different directions while the others debated wether it was going clock wise or counter clock wise.:laugh:

Andy K Octopus

MBTI Type
INFJ
initially I could only see clockwise, but after I looked at her feet for a second, I looked up and she was moving counterclockwise. When i first look, i see clockwise, but if I concentrate really hard on her feet, I see counterclockwise

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I found this on another forum.

Look at the following woman before you proceed to the questions:

http://www.guitarmania.org/z40/data/gowoon31/123241.gif

Do you see her turning clockwise or counterclockwise?
Can you see both directions?

If you see her turning clockwise, your right brain dominates.
If you see her turning counterclockwise, your left brain dominates.
If you can see her turning both ways, you are likely to have a high IQ.

Let's see how different types of people respond to this test.

I saw her turning clockwise and I could see the other direction when I really tried to see it, but not immediately.
I disagree.

If you see her turning counter clockwise, you right brain dominates.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I initially perceived her turning clockwise.

After a minute, I perceived the reversed direction, much to a pleasureable sensation and feeling, but also sharp and unexpected. Trippy indeed. :wink:

I could reverse my perception by focusing on her hipbone.

cheers,
Ian

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Tiny right or left brained test

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test | PerthNow

Peculiar test. It seems I am right brained, I have been kind of uncertain. Once upon a time I even saw myself as quite clearly left-brained. I have just seen it move counter-clockwise in a few glimpses, otherwise it moves clockwise.

Anyhow, does it work? Are the results accurate for you guys?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Correct for me. Saw it going clockwise first, right brain. I have the understanding that I have balanced brain domination (HBDI & other tests) with a slight dominance on the right side.

Btw, I expected a test to reveal a tiny right or left brain side:p

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
That gave me a headache. I thought the rotating woman was an ad, but I remember it turning clockwise. Then I read the instructions and looked to see... and it was going counter clockwise. I focused on the moving foot for a second, and then all of a sudden, it was going clockwise again.

I can switch back and forth... and walking away and coming back seems to trigger either view, depending on where the outer foot is at that moment.

Strange feeling that.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The Right Brain vs Left Brain test | PerthNow

Peculiar test. It seems I am right brained, I have been kind of uncertain. Once upon a time I even saw myself as quite clearly left-brained. I have just seen it move counter-clockwise in a few glimpses, otherwise it moves clockwise.

Anyhow, does it work? Are the results accurate for you guys?
Cool!
I saw her turning counter-clockwise, so they say I am left-brained.

I tried for a minute, but I could not get my mind to see her turning clockwise.

I'm not sure I agree with their results though:

These items sound S & T:
LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

These items seem F & N

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

I am definitely N.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That is so awesomely trippy! Cool beyond words. My initial response was to see her turning clockwise, then i looked at the shadow of her feet and she switched direction when i looked back at her. Then if i focus on the foot shadow on the floor i play a mind game in which she alternates. What an awesomely beautiful dance. w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! :party2:

/goes back to do it again and practice getting her to alternate on command ;)

cool cool cool - i came up with a technique! Tilt your head to the right and she goes clockwise, shut your eyes and tilt left, then she goes counter, rinse and repeat. One more help. Focus on the tip of her leading foot to control the direction of her rotation. Squinting helps to if your brain gets stuck in one mode or the other. It's based on your assumption as to when her leg crosses in front and behind. Alternating that assumption is what alternates her rotation. Some reason squinting helps throw off the given assumption on that.

That's an interesting statement. I would never have asked that question. She is really going both directions at once. Maybe that is letting go of logic and embracing the truth of the absurd?
Thank you!
Yay! I finally got it!
I finally concentrated on the middle of her back for 30 seconds then I looked down at her foot -
tilting my head sideways to the left -
and she started going clockwise.
Apparently, I can change her direction by focusing on her flat foot, and leaning way over to one side. :blush:

Razorcut

MBTI Type
INTJ
I did it 3 times to be sure. She starts CCW and then goes CW for me.
I viewed this the other week and at that time it took much longer to change. I was trying to hard!