• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BBC personality: What Am I Like?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha ha, I came out as an INTJ/Mastermind!

The shopping list questions are bogus, unfortunately. Because there are many reasons why someone might have developed a structure to that particular circumstance (i.e., shopping for groceries), but they didn't seem to realize this. Boo!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got idealist.

The shopping list-->I don't know. Yeah, it's sometimes circumstantial but I answered it like if I had to go to the store for myself. I would have a rough list not detailed like my list looks like this: Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Salad, Fruit, Vegetables, Bread, breakfast pastries, yogurt. stuff for coffee. candy, juice

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Ha ha, I came out as an INTJ/Mastermind!

The shopping list questions are bogus, unfortunately. Because there are many reasons why someone might have developed a structure to that particular circumstance (i.e., shopping for groceries), but they didn't seem to realize this. Boo!
You mean having kids and not being Donald Trump?

When I'm on my game, which I haven't been in awhile because I've been grocery shopping online, I will get the coupons and store circular, make a weekly meal plan to take advantage of the best prices, set up my list so that the items are in the order that I like to go through the store in with notations for items I have coupons for and an estimated price for each item. Then I keep track of how much I'm spending as I go through the isles so there are no surprises at the check-out.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I'm on my game, which I haven't been in awhile because I've been grocery shopping online, I will get the coupons and store circular, make a weekly meal plan to take advantage of the best prices, set up my list so that the items are in the order that I like to go through the store in with notations for items I have coupons for and an estimated price for each item. Then I keep track of how much I'm spending as I go through the isles so there are no surprises at the check-out.

omg... And they classed ME as a J in this test??

You are a J goddess, cafe. I am *nowhere* close to the same universe. :)

My shopping strategy is "broadly directed chaos" -- or maybe "flexible order?" I have a list in my head (and sometimes on paper) of "must have" items. If we chose meals for a week, I would have added items necessary to the menu to this list (and these would be on paper, because they are must-haves based on the menu).

In the store, I'd have a general methodology of moving from one side to the other, with the option to break pattern if something looks interesting. But I would always go back to the point where I left off, so I didn't inadvertently miss something. So there is a general "methodology" so I don't have to remember the details of what I've seen and not seen.

I also would do my pricing in the aisle, and maybe make some purchases on non-list items based on sale pricing. And "mentally juggle" the overall total in my head of what I have spent, or at least "how much I've added to the predetermined list," and return earlier things to the shelf if I found later things I wanted more and could not justify all of it.

So it's logical, but broad and flexible, and focused on the Big Picture, with an effort to capture any "priority" items.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
omg... And they classed ME as a J in this test??

You are a J goddess, cafe. I am *nowhere* close to the same universe. :)

My shopping strategy is "broadly directed chaos" -- or maybe "flexible order?" I have a list in my head (and sometimes on paper) of "must have" items. If we chose meals for a week, I would have added items necessary to the menu to this list (and these would be on paper, because they are must-haves based on the menu).

In the store, I'd have a general methodology of moving from one side to the other, with the option to break pattern if something looks interesting. But I would always go back to the point where I left off, so I didn't inadvertently miss something. So there is a general "methodology" so I don't have to remember the details of what I've seen and not seen.

I also would do my pricing in the aisle, and maybe make some purchases on non-list items based on sale pricing. And "mentally juggle" the overall total in my head of what I have spent, or at least "how much I've added to the predetermined list," and return earlier things to the shelf if I found later things I wanted more and could not justify all of it.

So it's logical, but broad and flexible, and focused on the Big Picture, with an effort to capture any "priority" items.
I wish I could do that. Sometimes I can get by with it, but when money was uber-tight and I often had to take all four kids to the grocery store by myself . . . not a lot of room there for thinking on your feet and I'm no good at that anyway. Even with all the planning done ahead of time it could take me two hours to get through the ordeal and I'd be near tears with exhaustion and frustration by the time I had the kids back in their car seats and the groceries in the van.

Now I just log onto the website, make my order, pick Don up from work, go to the service desk, pay the cashier, wait for the guys to get my stuff from the coolers, help Don put the groceries in the van, then let he and the kids bring it all in and put it away.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I could do that. Sometimes I can get by with it, but when money was uber-tight and I often had to take all four kids to the grocery store by myself . . . not a lot of room there for thinking on your feet and I'm no good at that anyway. Even with all the planning done ahead of time it could take me two hours to get through the ordeal and I'd be near tears with exhaustion and frustration by the time I had the kids back in their car seats and the groceries in the van.

Ah gee... that stinks. I know Rose had to deal with the same things (she got stuck with the bulk), taking more than one child to the store was just... well, you already know it all. :( And you are so right, that the budgetary concerns demand much more planning to make things work; you could not afford to be as flexible.

(But I suppose this goes along with the test not necessarily defining J/P well, based merely on a few basic shopping habits. Even a P would have to act "J" in your situation.)

Now I just log onto the website, make my order, pick Don up from work, go to the service desk, pay the cashier, wait for the guys to get my stuff from the coolers, help Don put the groceries in the van, then let he and the kids bring it all in and put it away.

That sounds SO much better for you, and less apt to drive you crazy. I'm glad you found something that works for your family and does not uber-stress you out in the process.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Strategist. :shock: Of all the dimensions, I least expected to deviate on the one corresponding to J/P.

It must be the 'shopping for one' and I-could-care-less-about-sightseeing factors.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Strategist. :shock: Of all the dimensions, I least expected to deviate on the one corresponding to J/P.

It must be the 'shopping for one' and I-could-care-less-about-sightseeing factors.
Hmm, this J/P division has attracted most criticism so far.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Idealist

cheers,
Ian