• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BBC personality: What Am I Like?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
:huh: Why do you consider yourself a xxxP?
I fail to see how if I picked 'Plan a rough itinerary in advance, leaving some time free' , 'You don't make a list, as you think it's a waste of time', 'Before you start, you check that all the components are there and that you have the tools you will need', 'You put things off till the last minute and are often late', and 'You would notice and it would really bother you' in that test it makes me a 'J'.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It said "Strategist." Is this correlated to MBTI? It didn't say anything about that...

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There's one page in front of the test, here..
BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Mind - What Am I Like?

"It is not a replacement for the full Myers-Briggs Type Indicator questionnaire and the results are not intended to be the psychometric or practical equivalent to MBTI questionnaire results "

Right... but what would Strategist map to in MBTI, approximately? Everyone else seems to have figured it out...

Spontaneous/Planner --- P/J

I tested spontaneous... P? I guess, but that's not what I am.

Ideas/Facts --- N/S

I tested Ideas, N. This one is right.

Head/Heart --- T/F

I tested as Head... T?! What?! That's impossible.

Introvert/Extravert --- I/E

Obvious here... I. That's right too.

Put that together and I get... INTP??

Yikes! No way am I an INTP. Well, I'll just disregard this test. It obviously wasn't testing for any particular functions, and wasn't written according to MBTI, they even admitted that. I certainly don't have inferior Fe. Well, at least they got the INxx part right.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I tested as Head... T?! What?! That's impossible.
--
Put that together and I get... INTP??
--
Yikes! No way am I an INTP. Well, I'll just disregard this test. It obviously wasn't testing for any particular functions, and wasn't written according to MBTI, they even admitted that. I certainly don't have inferior Fe. Well, at least they got the INxx part right.
Seems like the factors in this test are somewhat different from what we've used to in MBTI. It's a short test too.

Maybe it should be viewed somewhat independent from MBTI and focus placed on the description of results? Even if so, the strategist description does leave the humanist element out, tho it doesn't say the person couldn't be one. How do you think of the description?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe it should be viewed somewhat independent from MBTI and focus placed on the description of results? Even if so, the strategist description does leave the humanist element out, tho it doesn't say the person couldn't be one. How do you think of the description?

Hmm...
BBC -- Strategist said:
Strategists are quiet people who like to get to the heart of tough problems on their own and come up with innovative solutions. They analyze situations with a skeptical eye and develop ways of measuring everything, including themselves.

Strategists are generally easy-going. They are intellectually curious and enjoy abstract ideas. Sometimes they like thinking of a solution to a problem more than taking practical steps to solve it.

In situations where they can't use their talents, are unappreciated, or not taken seriously, Strategists may become negatively critical or sarcastic. Under extreme stress, Strategists could be prone to inappropriate, tearful or angry outbursts.

Strategists may be insensitive to the emotional needs of others or how their behavior impacts the people around them.

Actually... that's close to right. Except for the bold statement. I am sometimes unaware of how my behavior will impact the people around me, especially if I'm under stress/angry. I wouldn't say that I'm insensitive to their needs, however. I care what other people need/want, and accommodate that as far I as I consider it reasonable to do so. Also, I'm definitely not an easy-going person.

There were quite a few misspelled words in the original description, but I corrected them for readability. Didn't they have a proofreader? Or maybe it was British spelling. Oh, well.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm a Nurturer. It saids I'm a Facts person and the description is not what I am at all. I had a hard time deciding between some of the options. They're not necessarily mutually exclusive. I do both things (two of the four) and couldn't hardly decide.

So maybe what I really am is indecisive. :wink:

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Ack! Counselor. It says I prefer planning. But that's after only 5 questions, mostly about work. I wouldn't have a job if I followed my natural preference to go with the flow.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Strategist (INTP)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Mastermind...somehow... There were too many questions where two answers meant the same thing to me. /shrug

And what was with the obsession with shopping?

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
I got idealist.

The shopping list-->I don't know. Yeah, it's sometimes circumstantial but I answered it like if I had to go to the store for myself. I would have a rough list not detailed like my list looks like this: Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Salad, Fruit, Vegetables, Bread, breakfast pastries, yogurt. stuff for coffee. candy, juice

LOL, that's funny. I got the same results. :)

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got Counsellor (INFJ) the first time, then took it a second time only changing the answer to the travel question and got Idealist (INFP) that time.

The J/P questions seemed to offer poor choices where there was no good fit. The rest of the questions on it seemed as good as any other test. I would speculate that for each question, of the 4 answers 2 were for one type and 2 for another but each of those would have different weight toward the score, and by choosing the "very J" answer of saying I would be disturbed if the grocery store I went to rearranged things, that skewed things for me. INFP with a touch of OCD, maybe that would be a good way to describe me. :)

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Supervisor. Equivalent to ESTJ.