• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mothering Style and MBTI Type

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Your type is ENTP mother:

“When I held my babies, I always faced them outward so they could take in the world.”

* Full of energy and confident in her own self-sufficiency and competence, the ENTP mother encourages her children—as a role model and as a teacher—to be independent and confident on their own in the world.
* A “big picture” person, she points out options and possibilities along the way. Objective and logical as well, the ENTP wants her children to evaluate their choices and learn from the consequences of their own decisions.
* The ENTP mother is resourceful and action-oriented. She likes going places and doing things with her children, exploring all that life has to offer. She is less concerned with rules, routines, and schedules. Introducing her children to new concepts and activities, challenging them, and stimulating their intellectual development are top priorities.

--------------------------------

"darling !!!!!!!!! Glad you're back, how was it at the kids park with our little Bruce ?"
"ouh it was so damn cool, I tried out every play tool there was and blablabla..."
"Nice for you, so where's Bruce ?"
"Bruce ?"
"Ya our son"
"Doooh !"

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Your type is: ISFJ —The “Tender Loving Care” Mother

“I want my children to feel they have an ally, someone who knows them completely. I want to be a haven for them.”

Gentle and kind, the ISFJ mother provides her children with generous amounts of tenderness, affection, and the comfort of daily routine. Her aim is to “be there” for her children, physically and emotionally. She is sensitive to their feelings, offering closeness, understanding, and quiet support.
Loyal and devoted, the ISFJ mother has a strong sense of duty and consistently puts her children’s needs first. She delights in taking care of the little things that matter to a child, making each one feel loved and special.
To provide her family with security and warmth, the ISFJ mother tends to the practical and domestic, aiming for a smooth-running household and an attractive home. She also observes and conveys the value and importance of family traditions.

I WANT ISFJ MOM!

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yup, this is how I'm probably going to be as a Mom...

ENTJ - The “Executive” Mother
(Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)

“My mind is always going. How can I fine-tune the system to everyone’s advantage?”

* Competent and confident in a management role, the ENTJ mother organizes the needs and schedules of family members into a workable family system. Within the system, she provides her children with care-taking, direction, and limits, but she also gives them space to develop their own self-sufficiency and judgment.
* Analytical and adept at problem-solving, the ENTJ mother listens to her children’s concerns empathetically and then strategizes with them how to improve the situation—either by intervening on their behalf or backing off to let them solve problems on their own. She particularly enjoys watching them take responsibility and accomplish something they find important on their own.
* Intense and insightful, the ENTJ mother is cued in to her children’s intellectual and emotional development. She uses her quickness and communication skills to talk things through and help her children connect with people and better understand life.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ – The "Know Thyself" Mother
(Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)

"I believe the joy of motherhood is self-discovery-for them and for me."

Sensitive and family-focused, the INFJ mother looks for and encourages the unique potential of each child. Self-knowledge may be her byword. Her aim is to help each child develop a sense of identity and cultivate personal growth. In fact, she may value the mothering experience as a catalyst to her own personal growth and self-knowledge.

The INFJ mother spends time observing and understanding each child. She is drawn to intimate conversations and seeks a free exchange of feelings and thoughts.

Sympathetic and accommodating, the INFJ mother strives to meet the important yet sometimes conflicting needs of each family member in harmonious and creative ways.

She is conscientious and intense as well. Probably no one takes life and child-raising more seriously than the INFJ. She approaches mothering as a profession requiring her best self.
Tips

* Although she is drawn to people, the INFJ mother must remember that she needs time alone on a regular basis. Since her children are greatly affected by her mood swings, she is also giving to her children when she accommodates her Introversion. Time alone to meditate, journal, listen to music, and enjoy nature as well as intimate discussions with close friends can do wonders to bring peace to herself. For the INFJ especially, "If Mom ain't okay, ain't nobody okay."
* The INFJ mother needs to try to take life less seriously… to lighten up and take time to look at what life "is" rather than try to make it what it "should be." By living in the moment rather than the future, she can also help curb her tendency to take an isolated fact and extrapolate a catastrophic outcome.

Strengths

* Connecting one-on-one with each child. The INFJ mother listens, observes, and reflects to develop an understanding of who each child really is. She "knows" her child and desires a close relationship. She connects and keeps in touch with each child as a unique individual.
* Providing her children with emotional support. The INFJ mother is sensitive to her children's feelings, not shying away from helping them deal with even their heaviest emotions. She seeks to smooth out the rough edges of their experiences with a comforting presence and her broader perspectives.
* Profundity. Focused on understanding values, spirituality, culture, and society, the INFJ mother provides awareness and insights into the subtleties and lessons of life beyond a child's immediate experience and questions.
* Creativity. The INFJ mother can dream up unusual, fun projects her children can do to occupy their time and enrich their day-to-day experience, such as fantasy games to play, theme parties, or special snacks to make from healthy foods.

Struggles

* Details. The INFJ mother may gravitate toward the idea of getting the family and household organized and in order, only to exhaust herself with nitty-gritty follow through. Regular baths for small children, weekly laundry, daily meals, picking up clutter, and ongoing repairs can be overwhelming.
* Real life vs. the ideal. Because she lives with an ideal in her mind, the INFJ mother often has unrealistic expectations of herself and others. She may feel inadequate and critical of herself when reality falls short of her ideal.
* Giving too much. The INFJ mother may be prone to over-accommodation and self-sacrifice as a way to maintain family harmony. She struggles with the ramifications: a child who is too dependent and a mother who is deplete

I took the long version. Pretty spot on.

Last edited:

KDude

I'd morph into an INTJ mother, and hope they grow up fast

Your type is: intj —The “Individual Integrity” Mother

“My kids are better off arguing their own point of view than telling me, ‘But everyone else is doing it.’”

Individualistic and independent, the INTJ mother is both a role model and teacher of how to be an individual and live life with integrity. She is introspective, defining her own success from within, and generally confident in her decisions. She is unlikely to be persuaded by her children saying, “But all the other mothers are doing it.”
The INTJ is competent in providing for her children’s basic needs, but she is likely more focused on developing their self-esteem and confidence. Observant and insightful, she puts great importance on independent thinking and self-sufficiency, yet she is comfortable providing protection and boundaries.
Self-motivated and intense, the INTJ works hard and takes life seriously. As a mother, she lives for those moments when she can impart knowledge and offer her children perspectives on life and important issues.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFP- The "giving" mother

* Quiet and unassuming in her devotion, the ISFP mother is responsive to her children’s needs, offering behind-the-scenes love and support. She is gentle and non-intrusive, flexible and adaptable.
* A “be there” mother, the ISFP takes pleasure in physically caring for her children and doing for them. Her best times might be “doing little things” with each child one-on-one.
* More than anything, the ISFP mother wants her children to know they are loved. And she enjoys being needed in return.
* Dedicated to raising children who are responsible and care for others, she favors a non-directive approach: instilling values by setting a good example. She may be a strong role model for community service.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have no kids (and I don´t think I´ll have any) but I´m curious.

Your type is: ISTJ —The “Responsibility” Mother

“I have a serious love affair with to-do lists. I could sit for hours reading, organizing, and rearranging my weekly calendar.”

The ISTJ mother has a highly developed sense of responsibility: for work, home, family ... particularly her children. Whether she’s overseeing daily baths or insisting on a 10 p.m. curfew, her efforts are largely focused on providing her children with order and routine. She wants them, regardless of age, to be able to count on her and the structure she provides.

In carrying out her commitment to her responsibilities, the ISTJ mother is organized, industrious, and detail-oriented. Because her focus is the day-to-day realities of life, her children are likely to feel secure and well provided for.

The ISTJ mother also sets a good example and provides her children with practical guidance on being a productive, responsible individual. Still, with all her seriousness, she may delight family members with her quick wit and observations about the details of life.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
estp —The “Action Adventure” Mother

“I can’t do anything the same way more than one or two times. Today can’t be like yesterday. Let’s do something different!”

Active and spontaneous, the ESTP mother can turn ordinary life into a fun-filled adventure. She makes dull routines exciting and chores a “let’s do it again” kind of game. Her best times are those spent with her children actively doing, particularly if it’s spur of the moment, innovative, and unconventional.
Full of energy and enthusiasm for living in the moment, the ESTP mother gives her children every opportunity to experience all that life has to offer — touching, seeing, moving, doing ... and meeting people. She’s interested in stimulating their senses so they can take life in and live it.
The ESTP mother is matter-of-fact—“what you see is what you get.” She mothers without hidden agendas and takes life and people as they are. Her children know where they stand. She is able to develop a close relationship with them based on honesty and a strong family orientation as well as sharing a wide variety of experiences.

:shock:
I wish an ESTP mother adopt me!:happy2:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interestingly, I was invited to a friend's baby-shower this weekend and it made me wonder how I would be as a parent.

INFJ - The “Know Thyself” Mother
(Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
“I believe the joy of motherhood is self-discovery—for them and for me.”
Sensitive and family-focused, the INFJ mother looks for and encourages the unique potential of each child. Self-knowledge may be her byword. Her aim is to help each child develop a sense of identity and cultivate personal growth. In fact, she may value the mothering experience as a catalyst to her own personal growth and self-knowledge. The INFJ mother spends time observing and understanding each child. She is drawn to intimate conversations and seeks a free exchange of feelings and thoughts. Sympathetic and accommodating, the INFJ mother strives to meet the important yet sometimes conflicting needs of each family member in harmonious and creative ways. She is conscientious and intense as well. Probably no one takes life and child-raising more seriously than the INFJ. She approaches mothering as a profession requiring her best self.

This describes my mother well:
ESFJ - The “Happy Together” Mother
(Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging)

“I like it when my children are happy on their own, but i love it when the whole family is happy together.”

* The ESFJ mother has a highly developed sense of family and what it takes to be happy in life. Capable and personally invested, she strives to create a happy family where togetherness and harmony flourish. Whether it’s taking her children to the park or putting on a holiday feast, her efforts are directed toward having everyone be “happy together.”
* To many, the ESFJ personifies motherhood. She promotes traditional values, tends to the practical and domestic, provides the family with order and structure, and is directly involved with her children’s day-to-day living. The ESFJ mother is a “doer,” and she’s never happier than when she’s “doing” for her family.
* Believing the home is central to family life, the ESFJ mother excels at creating an atmosphere that is attractive and offers security.
Energetic and people-oriented, she is drawn to community and the social scene. She helps her children discover the joys of people and groups.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your type is: infp —The “Tuned In” Mother

“Inside our children, I believe, is a truth that tells them what’s best for them. I am always listening for that truth.”

* Aware, astute, and understanding, the INFP mother is sensitive to her child’s needs, feelings, and perceptions. By observing and listening to the cues of the whole child, she is “tuned in” and naturally develops an intuitive feel for what he or she needs. Responsive and helpful as well, she tends patiently to those needs as they arise.

* The INFP mother is comfortable letting her children follow their own course of development and make their own choices. She offers encouragement and uses her insights to head off trouble and difficult issues.

* The INFP mother takes vicarious pleasure giving her children good experiences and watching them enjoy childhood. She’s happiest creating pleasant, memorable times for the whole family.

F

figsfiggyfigs

So I took the test again... This time the longer version with the answering of questions

I applied how I helped raise my little sister to answering the questions. And I answered them to the most accuracy as I can( since I don't have a kid of my own). and I SWEAR I thought I'd get ENFJ or something like that... but SOME HOW... I managed to get INTJ AGAIN!!!

how the frak is that possible? seriously? I'm pretty sure I'm an ENTJ( but I would be more of a feely type person with my kids thus the ENFJ)... and I swear I didn't expect to get INTJ, I even laughed when I got it, I was so taken back. x)

damn it....

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm. Took the longer test and got

INTP – The "Love of Learning" Mother
(Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)

Intellectually curious and patient, the INTP mother relishes those times with a child when they are learning something interesting together. Whether they're at the zoo or computer terminal, she sparks to answering his or her "whys" with in-depth responses or new knowledge.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Almost sounds like a baby-explosion programme to me. Where's the part about ENTP mommies losing their precious spawn at the beach, or teaching the older spawn how to play hooky properly?

Some people would be terrible mothers. Particularly men, and me. Good thing I know that now.