• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Learning Styles Test

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here’s what I got :)

Reflective: 3
Intuitive: 7
Visual: 11
Global: 1

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Reflective 11
Intuitive 7
Visual 5
Global 11

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
1 Reflective/Active

9 Sensing/Intuitive

7 Visual/Verbal

7 Sequential/Global

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reflective: 1
Intuitive: 5
Verbal: 11
Sequential: 5

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Reflective/Active: 7
Sensing/Intuitive: 7
Visual/Verbal: 5
Sequential/Global: 3

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reflective: 9
Sensing: 1
Verbal: 3
Sequential: 3

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This was a stupid test, and I don't think many of these things are mutually exclusive at all. I like introspecting better than tests anyway though.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reflective: 5
Intuitive: 1
Visual: 7
Global: 1

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intuitive: 5
Visual: 3
Global: 3

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Questionnaire Results for :
Intuitive: 3
Visual: 3
Global: 3

If your score for a dimension is 1 or 3, you are fairly well balanced on the two categories of that dimension, with only a mild preference for one or the other .:)

A Lost Boy

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Reflective: 1
Sensing: 5
Verbal: 5
Sequential: 3

Paperchasa710

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Questionnaire Results for :
Active: 5 > Intuitive: 5 > Visual: 1> Sequential: 1

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
yJuv0Ry.png

á´…eparted

passages
I was skeptical of this, but as it was conducted by a university I felt it was worth taking. A key aspect of the skepticism is that it is making these learning styles dichotomous when they aught not to be. Sure, it is not uncommon for one person to lean one way or style over another, but not everyone is like that. For most this test might be moderately informative, but it doesn't offer anything particularly nuanced for the individual.

This was particularly noted when I was answering questions that pinned visual vs. verbal information. Both of these are highly connected with me, and I usually need one to relate to the other. This is because my learning style is first and foremost highly associative. I have never been particularly good at memorizing facts and trivia by itself. I need to be able to link new information to concepts, sensory data, sensory patterns, feelings, visuals. It doesn't have to be terribly obvious or even linear, but there needs to be layers of meaning behind a given piece of information or memory. For the most part, the visual aspect of this comes first and is the primary tool for recall and learning for me. This does not mean that visual learning occurs in a vacuum for me. It absolutely doesn't, but it is rather essential. The best thing that can supplement visual information for me is audio information. Hence, many of the visual vs verbal questions rather made me go "err...".

For example, in college I had to go to lecture. Listening to the professors talk, and explain everything is a cornerstone to me learning. It keeps me engaged, focused, and it importantly links audio information to visual information. If someone is asking trivia questions, the answer will visually flash to me. Sometimes it will be direct, othertimes it will be associactive and not directly obviously connected to the answer. I will also remember the context of where the learning occurred usually, as well as the audio environment and patterns associated with it. These "nested layers" of information helps recall, further association, and allows learning.

I am also a very solitary learner. Other people around me is often highly distracting, gets in my way, and doesn't help me at all. I never did study groups or went to office hours in college (unless I was profoundly stuck). Group work is hellacious for me, as is team work. I don't enjoy it and I gain so much less out of it than had I done it alone by myself.

Really, my thinking is most marked by convergent web-like association, non-linear pattern recognition, and visual and sensory/emotional recall.

AcTaZg1.png

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reflective: 9
Intuitive: 9
Verbal: 7
Global: 9