• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The absolute most accurate MBTI test

Which is the most accurate MBTI type test?

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm trying to find out what people think is the most accurate test. I want to narrow it down to one. You've got these:

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

Free Jung Personality Test

Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

MyPersonality.info - Personality Types and Multiple Intelligences Tests & Information

Discordia Inc. - Just who the HELL do you THINK you are?

Free personality tests: find out your type

Please vote in the coming-soon poll, and also give some feedback here in the thread. Also if there are any other options, please suggest, thanks.

G

garbage

For me, the tests that measure cognitive functions, such as the third one in your list, seem to be more consistent than those that measure pure dichotomies.

I think this one is my favorite. It incorporates everyday situations rather than asking people to make generalizations about themselves that obviously correspond to one type or another.

Dichotomy tests tend to view weakness in one area as necessarily preferring the opposite, or valuing a certain area as having strength in that area. That's not entirely accurate. Being a T isn't about being a prick to people, and being a J doesn't mean that you can never have fun.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I've just mentioed in another thread, the Singer-Loomis Type Deployment Inventory.
Sounds very good (measures both processes and dichotomies), but I cannot find where you can take it. Probably not offered online, nor free. (Or, is it disqualified for not being found online?)

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
I think this one is my favorite. It incorporates everyday situations rather than asking people to make generalizations about themselves that obviously correspond to one type or another.

I must say, this is the most inaccurate MBTI result I have ever received. Coincidentally, I have never scored as anything other than INTP, up to this point.
lolwut.jpg

EDIT: Thinking about it now, if each question deals with the joint activity of two, opposite functions, then I can see why I would receive this result.

While I often use Ne and Si simultaneously, I generally use Ti on its own, rather than coupled with Fe.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
this one is my favorite. It incorporates everyday situations rather than asking people to make generalizations about themselves that obviously correspond to one type or another.

Weird... these function based tests always give me the SFJ result. I don't know why.
Se with Ni ***************** (17.5)
poor use
Si with Ne ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use
Ne with Si ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use
Ni with Se ***************** (17.5)
poor use
Te with Fi ********************** (22.5)
poor use
Ti with Fe ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use
Fe with Ti ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use
Fi with Te ********************** (22.5)
poor use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFJ
The corresponding best-fit cognitive pattern:

If these results don't fit well then consider these types: ISFJ, or ENTP

G

garbage

I took it and got ESTJ.

Maybe it's not my favorite. :doh:

I think Engler is right; function combination questions should be supplemented with standalone function questions. If one uses Ne-Si in tandem, but uses Ne more than Si, this would be shown.

This leads me to wonder if there are any good MBTI tests..

wolfy

awsm
For me, the tests that measure cognitive functions, such as the third one in your list, seem to be more consistent than those that measure pure dichotomies.

Dichotomy tests tend to view weakness in one area as necessarily preferring the opposite, or valuing a certain area as having strength in that area. That's not entirely accurate. Being a T isn't about being a prick to people, and being a J doesn't mean that you can never have fun.

I got ENTJ on that test. :huh:
That function combinations make sense though.

Cognitive Dynamic Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
Se with Ni ******************************** (32)
good use
Si with Ne ************************** (26)
average use
Ne with Si ************************** (26)
average use
Ni with Se ******************************** (32)
good use
Te with Fi ********************************** (34)
good use
Ti with Fe **************************** (28)
average use
Fe with Ti **************************** (28)
average use
Fi with Te ********************************** (34)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTJ

If these results don't fit well then consider these types: INTJ, or ESFP

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I rather like the cognitive functions one. It indicated something I previously have suspected: that I have very strong ENFP tendencies. This suggests I am rather borderline. I'm still sure I'm an INFP but its nice to have the more complex results.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.3)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********** (11.7)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************************** (54.9)
excellent use

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hmm it wasn't too inaccurate for me...

2pqjfys.jpg

Anyway, I'm gonna put in a poll for this topic right now. Please vote.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Is this test just programmed to pretty much give everyone ESTJ? :doh:

Hahaha, good observation. And for the two who didn't get ESTJ, they were only one letter off: ESFJ and ENTJ.

Anyway, the poll is up. Please vote, everyone.

hommefatal

lol

Se with Ni *************************** (27.7)
average use
Si with Ne ******************************* (31.7)
good use
Ne with Si ******************************* (31.7)
good use
Ni with Se *************************** (27.7)
average use
Te with Fi **************************** (28.7)
average use
Ti with Fe ******************************* (31.7)
good use
Fe with Ti ******************************* (31.7)
good use
Fi with Te **************************** (28.7)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Another ESTJ here.

Se with Ni *********************** (23.7)
poor use
Si with Ne *************************************** (39.7)
excellent use
Ne with Si *************************************** (39.7)
excellent use
Ni with Se *********************** (23.7)
poor use
average use
Ti with Fe *************************** (27.7)
average use
Fe with Ti *************************** (27.7)
average use
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTJ

If these results don't fit well then consider these types: ISTJ, or ENFP.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Ah, too bad. You don't even have my favorite test on the list.
I like mine a lot, because it spits out the percentage and, what is way more important, you can also pick something in between on each question. I find that quite important, since sometimes there isn't anything that is 100% yes or 100% no.

If it is the most accurate though, I don't know. In any way I do NOT like socionics too much. That much I know. :D

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Se with Ni ************************ (24.7)
average use
Si with Ne ********************************** (34.7)
good use
Ne with Si ********************************** (34.7)
good use
Ni with Se ************************ (24.7)
average use
average use
Ti with Fe ******************************* (31.7)
good use
Fe with Ti ******************************* (31.7)
good use
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive dynamics, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFJThe corresponding best-fit cognitive pattern:

I really thought I was going to be cut out to be an ESFJ for a sec there, but apparently it gives that to everyone. :cry: Really interesting approach though (and I liked that the questions were more concrete), although I couldn't really relate to any of the statements very well at all. Food for thought, anyway.

After all, it is harder to subconsciously control the results of a new test (and so then it may be less tainted).

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I got INTJ on this one. It's a straightforward test that's easy to manipulate for desired results. Also has only yes or no options, which I find to be sort of limiting (I could very well have answered "sometimes" to many of the questions).

INTP. Again, pretty predictable, but this test had more options.

INTJ. Similar to the last test but more elegant, IMO.

INTP. Ugh, this one is too simplistic. Are you a feeling person? No? Then you are a T.

INTP. I liked the fact that you get to pick two answers per question, that there are three options, and that the questions were unusual. A little short, though.

INTJ and INTP tie. I always like this one. It's fairly counter-intuitive relative to the other tests (for me, at least), so it's less easy for me to manipulate.

I think this one is my favorite.
ESTJ. Um, I think this one's pitfalls and merits have been sufficiently outlined by the posters above.

You don't even have my favorite test on the list.
INTJ. This one has three answer options which is nice for those wafflers and fence-sitters among us.